Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    The origin stories were nice in DA:O but they are not a game breaker for me. What I liked most about DA:O was being put into moral dilemmas which happen quite frequently. It just so happened that the origin stories had some of the more compelling moral dilemmas.

One thing that was bad about DA:2 was that it really lacked that illusion of choice. There were choices but none of them really felt that they meant anything hence no illusion.

Another thing I think we can all agree on is that we need more DESIRE DEMONS!!! Totally not enough of them in DA:2 with only a few encounters in DA:O. They need to do something out of the Shining. Where you are totally hooked on a girl and she reveals herself to be an abomination having fed on your lust and desire.
    Do you have any idea what kind of lashback Bioware would have on their Romance forums if LI they get attached to backstabs you? The place is so sick to begin with they have shut it down for now.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Do you have any idea what kind of lashback Bioware would have on their Romance forums if LI they get attached to backstabs you? The place is so sick to begin with they have shut it down for now.
    My Liara will never do that to me... right...
    Right? ;__;

I just want class versatility. I hated how Mages and Rogues were the obvious choices for damage dealing. I also hate how it has the "holy trinity" style of group mechanics, you need a tank, you need a healer, and you need damage dealers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldjman View Post
    Warriors viable in multiple comps? lolno. Any high rated warrior falls under the following;
    1) wintraded.
    2) very high mmr at the start of the season, so they fought their way to glad at 5 am vs 2k teams.
    3) has their connections from previous seasons carry their class.
    Also, we most certainly weren't the most op in S9. Dk's were a better warrior in every aspect. Thanks for trying though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    We don't need another Anders. One was more than enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    I just want class versatility. I hated how Mages and Rogues were the obvious choices for damage dealing. I also hate how it has the "holy trinity" style of group mechanics, you need a tank, you need a healer, and you need damage dealers.
    They NEED to bring back DW warriors in DA3, they were my favourite class in Origins! Epic damage and decent surivability, best of both worlds!

I disagree on the "trinity" though, I always liked the 'party' aspect of the DA games and it's kinda hard to have a 'party' setup if you're just three of four Damage dealers rocking about destroying stuff.

what I WOULD like however, is some slightly more... atypical choices.. For example, does our tank HAVE to be some guy in plate armor? does our healer really need to be a Caster? How about making the Duelist rogue spec a viable choice for tanking? maybe add in a 'paladin' warrior spec that can heal? Just do SOMETHING that isn't a priest healer and warrior tank
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    They NEED to bring back DW warriors in DA3, they were my favourite class in Origins! Epic damage and decent surivability, best of both worlds!

I disagree on the "trinity" though, I always liked the 'party' aspect of the DA games and it's kinda hard to have a 'party' setup if you're just three of four Damage dealers rocking about destroying stuff.
    On the contrary, if they step out of the trinity thing (Which was stupid to get into in the first place, making it singleplayer MMO basically) they would have to do alternative things to make encounters interesting.

First of all remove the over abdunance of the trash that haunted both DA games. Put in fewer encounters but mix them up, add mixes of different classes that have different weaknesses, strengths and counters and make the player character system that isn't just about pwning and (attempting) to look awesome but about having to think how your class abilities would counter the enemy ones.

For example mage battles would become ten times interesting if it wasn't just about setting of the biggest fireball spell over and over again but was more about careful execution of different spells that both strengthen you and weaken the enemy. If done right, this could work really well expesially in cross class compositions

Overall they should expand the character system and specializations far beyond it aswell. Don't just have these 3 different types of rogues with different flavours. Have rogues that could be "excecutioners" that would be able to pick off solo targets which mage has weakened and if not doing that, would have all sorts of strong illusion CC. Rogue that would be a kiter whom with clever skill usage would slow mobs down and gain short time attention for them to follow into an ambush set up by archer character.

Add TONS of character customization (And I don't mean face sliders) and special itemization that would promote different specs and styles of playing and make everything very distinct from each others.

There is so many ways to add interesting and fun encounters that break the holy trinity cycle it's just silly to go down that route. Expesially in single player game.

One of main faults of Origins was that even on hardest it was so easy to fall back into the cookie cutter group, there was no balance at all and the extreme amount of trash just made it tiresome, not engaging. Even more evident in DA2.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    A good story like DA:O
    Good characters like DA:O and the ME trilogy
    Good combat like DA2, BUT without the "mobs jumping from cielings" bullshit.
    NO FUCKING COPYPASTA, YOU HEAR ME BIOWARE? DID I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?
    I don't care what other people think, I liked DA2's dialogue wheel.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    A good story like DA:O
    Good characters like DA:O and the ME trilogy, I liked the DA2 charcters as well... Isabella, Fenris, VARRIC?!?!
    Good combat like DA2, BUT without the "mobs jumping from cielings" bullshit. Agreed
    NO FUCKING COPYPASTA, YOU HEAR ME BIOWARE? DID I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR? Agreed, I mean it makes sense to maybe go back to a important place more then once in 7 years but seriously...
    I don't care what other people think, I liked DA2's dialogue wheel. Also agreed!
    Can't wait for the game TBH, dragon age 2 didn't ruin the series at all for me (was even looking forward to the expansion!), also can't wait to fill out that codex! All that juicy lore!
    Also want to see some sick Inquisition/Witch hunter style gear!
    Last edited by Landin55; 2012-10-24 at 03:16 AM.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    Can't wait for the game TBH, dragon age 2 didn't ruin the series at all for me (was even looking forward to the expansion!), also can't wait to fill out that codex! All that juicy lore!
    Also want to see some sick Inquisition/Witch hunter style gear!
    Kirkwall should have been a hub, like Denerim was. You go back every now and then and get supplies and do a few things but it isn't the entire game.

As to the characters, I liked them, I just felt DA:O did a better job with characterization. And I wanted to bring in the Mass Effect trilogy because ME is proof that BioWare has the talent to create great characters that players care about.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Hmm...

I'd like the choice not to play as a human for one thing. In Origins, even if I never really played dwarves on any playthrough it was nice to play the prologue to learn a little about them. DA2 was too much "point A to B and...oh, you're stuck with the same character in the same place for 20 or so hours, have fun." Not fun, and I preferred to play as a Dalish archer anyway.

More stuff on Morrigan and Flemeth, perferably with Flemeth looking a little less like Barbarella (the outfit was cool, but not so much on an old lady).

Less forced gay romances - I don't have an issue with gay people or characters, what I disliked was characters all but bullying you into a relationship. It felt tacky.

Less mages randomly exploding into abominations. I liked how blood magic and pacts with demons were grey areas in the first game, DA 2 was a little too "rawr, mages are evil." Kind of hard to side with the mages and tell Meredith they aren't all that bad with a bunch of them slitting their wrists behind me.

Non emo Anders? I'll request it, he was my favourite character in Awakening. Perhaps if he gets his cat back he'll find his lost sense of humour. Justice/ Vengeance could be nice too.

Dalish who actually move around, not just stay on top of a mountain for a good decade or so despite their apparent concerns of humans finding and/ or enslaving them.

Visiting somewhere like the Imperium, Orlias, doesn't matter. Preferably somewhere that isn't the same city plagued by thieves and pirates falling out of the sky.

Returning to the Fade *properly* with the *proper* architecture. In Origins the Fade looked like a twisted Bosch painting, in DA2 it looked like someone had spilt lemonade on it.

Going back to grey areas, but say more areas like Crossroad Keep etc where you can shape your character round hard decisions. The outcome is similar, say with CK you still got the keep, but either choice played out very well.

Full, well written and drawn out dialogue options, not a wheel of literacy fortune where what my character says doesn't make me cringe or think "how did she come out with that from the option I chose?" I know the paragon/renegade options work awesome with Mass Effect, but in DA 2 they were painful.

No whiney emo elves.

The music from the first game.

Essentially...yeah, I adored Origins, spent way too much time on the game and was disappointed with DA 2 like a fair few people. I'm not going to say that DA 2 was a bad game, but I want a proper sequel.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Kamalaya, all of those are fair points. The Fade in DA2 was disappointing as hell. In fact, "disappointing" is my main adjective for the entire game. It was okay, I enjoyed it, but I'd only give it a 70, a C-. But back on point, the DA:O Fade was awesome. It was eerie and dreamlike, just as you'd expected the Fade to be. The DA2 Fade was the fucking Templar building with . . . well your lemonade analogy works.

The problem with DA2 was that it was rushed. It was so obviously rushed.

And Mages going insane and turning to blood magic? I know that was a major plot to the game, but it still got over done. I still don't think you should have to fight Orsino if you support the Mages, for example. But point is, not every mage had to go "BLARGH I TURN TO ABOMINATION NAO"

All in all I think I agree with your entire post and I hope DAIII turns out to be a great game, but I'll be wary and I won't be pre-ordering.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    One more thing....stop with the spiders coming from the ceiling, it scared the shit out of me everytime. Don't put spiders in video games period. If i wanted to play a suspense/horror game I would.

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    One more thing....stop with the spiders coming from the ceiling, it scared the shit out of me everytime. Don't put spiders in video games period. If i wanted to play a suspense/horror game I would.
    To be honest this whole arachnophobia thing, it's getting huge overkill nowdays. Sure some people have issues with spiders but if we have to go down that road then everything that would make someone feel squirmy/uneasy/scared shitless should be censored somehow.

It has just gone too far.

As many other fans I will wait and see how the game is received overall. DA:O was fantastic, DA 2 was ok . . . the trend does not favor DA 3. Plus, EA, yuck.

I just want a game that developers didn't rush to get out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I will say this, after DA2 and all of Bioware's bad press this will be the first Bioware title I am NOT pre-ordering. I will also completely ignore all major gamesite reviews and wait to hear what fans say before I put any $$$ on the table.

To answer your question though. What I would *like* to see from DA3 is more of DA1 along with the gameplay adjustments they made in DA:Awakenings. Also make the game more tactical with more risk/reward and consiquence situations. And for the love of the Maker, let my party members equip all the awesome gear I acquire (they said they are doing this, although it might not affect the character model).
    TOTALLY this. DA2 was fucking terrible. Actually, it was a decent game; however, if it didn't have the DA title, it would've been great. But taking the openness of the first one and putting it on freaking rails was absolutely the stupidest thing they could've done. DAO was the game fans of games like Baldur's Gate had been waiting for, and it was good. Then DA2 came out, and completely put people off. What were they thinking? DAO was detailed, it was moddable, we had free reign to do whatever we wanted to, play it how we wanted, and in any order we wanted. Then DA2 hits, most of the details and customizability are completely gone, you basically have to play the game in the exact way they want you to, instead of how you want to, and in general it just sucked compared to the first one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    TOTALLY this. DA2 was fucking terrible. Actually, it was a decent game; however, if it didn't have the DA title, it would've been great. But taking the openness of the first one and putting it on freaking rails was absolutely the stupidest thing they could've done. DAO was the game fans of games like Baldur's Gate had been waiting for, and it was good. Then DA2 came out, and completely put people off. What were they thinking? DAO was detailed, it was moddable, we had free reign to do whatever we wanted to, play it how we wanted, and in any order we wanted. Then DA2 hits, most of the details and customizability are completely gone, you basically have to play the game in the exact way they want you to, instead of how you want to, and in general it just sucked compared to the first one.
    They were thinking "get this shit to the market, ASAP."

And it bit them in the ass. And rightfully so.

I do agree I'd give DA2 a higher rating if it was its own game.
    Putin khuliyo

I'd love an RPG where you start out with a shack in a wilderness and your goal is to turn it into a thriving village under your command by expanding your home through resource gathering, hunting, building, farming, attracting people, providing safety, and then becoming the (war)lord of said village/ city/ province/ kingdom.

That thought is piggybacking off http://m.ign.com/articles/2012/10/22...on-huge-levels
    Laidlaw confirmed on the panel that players will gain control of an entire castle, as seen in the initial concept art revealing the new visual direction for Dragon Age III.

10+ Year Old Account
    DA:II did feel eh in terms of combat. The fact they called it Dynasty Warrior combat is what made me go "OMG" then when it happened...lol no I was a hardcore DW fan...don't say what you can't deliever.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    DA:II did feel eh in terms of combat. The fact they called it Dynasty Warrior combat is what made me go "OMG" then when it happened...lol no I was a hardcore DW fan...don't say what you can't deliever.
    When did bioware say DA2 was going to feel like Dynasty Warriors? I remember people saying that after release but I don't remember Bioware saying that.