Is the Relic of Chi Ji BIS?

Just looking for a quick answer here, interested in buying it, but don't want to waste the boat load of gold if it won't last me through HM's this tier.

As far as I know it is BIS for 1 of the 2 slots, am I right here?

Deleted

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Regarding the two trinkets you listed, they will not affect Mana tide, correct? Only 'permanent' stacking spirit buffs like Tsunami and Heart of Unliving do?

Quote Originally Posted by Redtusk View Post
    pretty much this. the only thing you might consider is the shado pan crit on use int trinket for some very rare fights (will) where the majority of your heals are packed into 20 sec windows

also your avatar is way too cute i can't take you seriously

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyZee View Post
    Regarding the two trinkets you listed, they will not affect Mana tide, correct? Only 'permanent' stacking spirit buffs like Tsunami and Heart of Unliving do?
    Correct. :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    since its bis, i'm wondering which trinket should i replace with relic? i have the the empty fruit barrel and price of progress.

sorry didnt want to create a new thread just for this

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarganthos View Post
    since its bis, i'm wondering which trinket should i replace with relic? i have the the empty fruit barrel and price of progress.

sorry didnt want to create a new thread just for this
    You'll want to keep Price of Progress as it's slightly higher mp5 than Empty Fruit Barrel, plus it has static intellect. If you want the exact numbers there's a section about it on EJ's resto shaman thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    according to EJ i should keep the empty fruit barrel even if price has more mana regen. despite having static intellect and slightly higher mp5, they say barrel seems to be the best trinket for this itemlevel

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarganthos View Post
    according to EJ i should keep the empty fruit barrel even if price has more mana regen. despite having static intellect and slightly higher mp5, they say barrel seems to be the best trinket for this itemlevel
    Either will do tbh, healers scale relatively bad with gear in general, you won't notice much difference taking one over the other.
    Last edited by mmoc36ab626ca9; 2012-10-24 at 08:04 AM.

Slightly off topic but remember that the valor point items will be upgradable starting next patch. You should be able to get the darkmoon trinket for cheap (around 20k depending on the server) if you buy the individual deck cards right now, but scroll of ancestors for 1750 vp isn't a bad investment since the quality of the trinket should improve over time...what is bis now doesn't necessarily stay bis for long.
    Last edited by Celista; 2012-10-24 at 08:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna be rolling with relic of chi gi and Vial of Icharous Blood for now. I want to replace the vial with the relic from the last boss of MSV, but it hasn't dropped in lfr yet (and I haven't gotten that far in reg yet).

Not saying its BiS, but I have always loved the darkmoon trinkets. Hell, I used the tsunami card all the way untill I hit like level 87, and I got that thing during T12 content.

Deleted
    i stumbled across this the other day http://www.icy-veins.com/restoration...t-best-in-slot

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    i stumbled across this the other day http://www.icy-veins.com/restoration...t-best-in-slot
    I'd rather use the list @EJ ,since it gives detailed information about average mp5 / int values. The list @ IV is fine, but without any information about which factors determined the order of the trinkets, it's pretty useless.
    R.A.I.D - Resto at its destiny

Quote Originally Posted by BennyZee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtusk View Post
    Correct. :-)
    Actually, I believe you're both wrong. For all of my fights, MTT has been stacking with Chi Ji's proc along with Vial of Ichorous blood (since I line them up that way), leading me to having 35k spirit during MTT uptime.

Not sure if this is just a number glitch on my character sheet, but it's been working this way since mop hit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    Actually, I believe you're both wrong. For all of my fights, MTT has been stacking with Chi Ji's proc along with Vial of Ichorous blood (since I line them up that way), leading me to having 35k spirit during MTT uptime.

Not sure if this is just a number glitch on my character sheet, but it's been working this way since mop hit.
    With all your procs up you'll obviously see some crazy spirit numbers on your pane, but neither of the trinkets are confirmed to buff MTT.
    Last edited by mmoc36ab626ca9; 2012-10-24 at 09:47 PM.