Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

So the hellfire ring kinda sucks?

Great for xp but can only proc off single target attacks. Way to drop the ball blizz.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Of course It's horrible it got jay wilson'd meaning it WAS good however now the only real reason for the purpose of this ring is for yourself to craft a decent trifeta or duelfecta w/e of the two works in addition to the obvious paragon exp which I don't even need well soon anyway.

Lol 25k per ball? Really? My bat can do that much damage I mean really I agreed 5-8 million damage per fireball was OP on the PTR however lowering it to 25k? Really? Really????

Btw I've made about 30 of these things, My sanity is shattered lol'd

No but really 25k What the F

I dont have any skills on my barb that procs it, yet i steamroll everything. Doesnt seem right.

Put it on the dh, its was cool. Used entangling shot-shock collar and no procs

I dont mind the other bosses but kulle really needs a change. Its such a stupid fight with the enrage. Really dont even wanna make more just so i dont have to do that fight again, not enjoyable at all.

Im gettting 55k on the dh from mine. Its nice because it pierces but it limits the skills you can use.

Deleted
    Put it on a lvl 1 char = win

So does this mean I get to feel glad that I procrastinated hard on my Hellfire Ring?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    So does this mean I get to feel glad that I procrastinated hard on my Hellfire Ring?
    Four.

Random.

Properties.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Four.

Random.

Properties.
    'Course I gotta get one

10+ Year Old Account
    'Course I gotta get one
    That wasn't my point.

A unique ring.

With random properties.

Not going in to why this is incredibly stupid for ALL legendaries, something so big, important, and intended to be incredibly hard to find, should not be a ring that could potentially cheaper than a 50k ring you can pick up on the auction house or after farming for a couple hours.

That wasn't my point.

A unique ring.

With random properties.

Not going in to why this is incredibly stupid for ALL legendaries, something so big, important, and intended to be incredibly hard to find, should not be a ring that could potentially cheaper than a 50k ring you can pick up on the auction house or after farming for a couple hours.
    The 35% xp alone puts it over 50k rings. Its noticable.

I can understand waiting for a loh+crit+crit dam+res all but the proc is whats bothering me. It doesnt work on more that half the good skills in game.

That wasn't my point.

A unique ring.

With random properties.

Oh okay, I see. I have been exceedingly lazy with my ring, or even any research into anything about it. But ya that does sound disappointing. I think the fact that it is effectively a guaranteed drop, it can't be too OP.

The top items will never be boa, disappoints me and reconfirms what this game was built on. If people could find their own items there would be no need for the ah. Still think we are testing a beta phase for titan and their f2p model.

I need specific stats on items to make my builds work like you guys, there is no reason to farm this ring (whole point in 1.05) if i dont get the proc. Im already at 300mf without stacks so i dont need anymore paragon lvls.

They need to change the description on the ring since its inaccurate, your attacks dont have a chance to trigger the proc, only certain abilities that make you char weaker (6 skills slots ftl). Not worth a 40k avg random fireball to sacrifice the ring slot. D2 had it right as a passive, being a trinket.

Another thing that bothers me is that it should be a proc that big D does, not a single fireball, aoe fireballs like he does, or his flame pit thing. Thats problem with d3 vs d2, in d2 we had all the abilities the monsters did (excluding bosses, but the torch made it ok). D3 takes the wow approach where monsters get abilities players cannot obtain because they would be considered op.
    Last edited by chadwix; 2012-10-24 at 04:09 AM.

170ish primary and the XP bonus make it automatically better than a leorics which were min priced in the millions.

Plus they aren't ridiculously hard to create. If they made so that you create 1 that is OP then you wouldn't need do it again. They want you to repeat it knowing you get a decent ring and get lucky with your 4 random properties.
    Add the key masters to your normal farming runs then when you get keys go kill a couple extra bosses and maybe get organs. craft a ring and maybe get lucky.

I don't think I can bang my head against that wall for very long. I might get one ring and be done with it. Although, I really don't have any other route, so I don't see why not exactly.

I don't think I can bang my head against that wall for very long. I might get one ring and be done with it. Although, I really don't have any other route, so I don't see why not exactly.
    Exactly my thoughts, I just kill the key guy whenever I go on a farm run. Only one that annoys me is act 1 because it is so big. Act 3 has heaps of monsters in stone fort and act 2 oasis is filled with little side dungeons and hence mobs for farming. I guess fields is pretty good for side dungeons as well but I don't like it as much

Quote Originally Posted by Velerian View Post
    Put it on a lvl 1 char = win
    This. It only took me from 10am to 12pm from 1 to 60 on my new barb and i was pretty lazy.

It is the Blizzard way of introducing Heirloom items of WoW into Diablo while still giving you something extra to do and it is pretty much all there is to.

Ubers should have been tied with Paragon Level...

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Klein View Post
    Exactly my thoughts, I just kill the key guy whenever I go on a farm run. Only one that annoys me is act 1 because it is so big. Act 3 has heaps of monsters in stone fort and act 2 oasis is filled with little side dungeons and hence mobs for farming. I guess fields is pretty good for side dungeons as well but I don't like it as much
    Act 1 mobs are just fun. Plain and simple. Easy to line up for Disintegrate, easy to tag with meteors, they're just fun

Deleted
    I still don't understand it either. ALL legendaries are still crap. Shouldn't they actually be good because they're so rare?

Oh but wait, then the AH would be flooded with them in no time, crashing the game's market. Maybe they just didn't think this through.
    They've probably created a lose-lose situation for themselves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I still don't understand it either. ALL legendaries are still crap. Shouldn't they actually be good because they're so rare?

Oh but wait, then the AH would be flooded with them in no time, crashing the game's market. Maybe they just didn't think this through.
    They've probably created a lose-lose situation for themselves.
    the very best gear for some slots is legendarys. they cannot be beaten by a perfect rolled rare, example, head slot for barbarian, will always be a good rolled mempho, no rare could ever come close

10+ Year Old Account
    Sup?
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.