Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Inquisition? This sounds like an interesting set-up, I hope the themes that surround it are even more prevalent in the third sequel.

There's just something about militaristic paladins and a clergy hunting down fugitives <3

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    My thoughts?

I feel this will be BioWare's last chance to recover, to show me that they can still make great games. I'd like to forgot their latest mishaps.
    Pretty much this. Though I do feel the same for Blizzard after Diablo 3...

Deleted
    there is too much "EA" in "Bioware" that i would buy this game :/

just always get disapointed if i buy games from developers that where eaten by EA. (WestWood, Lionhead and now Bioware)
    Last edited by mmoc7c08c42f71; 2012-10-24 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    About the only thing I can think of from DA2 is Varric. Better yet, have everything that happened in DA2 be a fabrication based on an unreliable narrator (AKA: Varric). He could be Kaiser Sosa! Oh man, that would be awesome if he engineered the whole Templar vs. Mage situation and people didn't act as dumb as they did in the story, but Varric retold it so he was just a supporting character and not the antagonist. That would be epic. He could be DA's Handsome Jack.
    That would be amazing.

Three words: BRING MORRIGAN BACK!

Deleted
    Now that I remembered, the whole "narrative" framework during the interrogation is simply brilliant, absolutely amazing.

Bioware's chance to prove they're not ook-ook after all.

Saddest thing, my reaction was "New Bioware game? Meh". I remember being psyched for mass effect and DA: Origins, Bioware has a lot of questionable things to redeem for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    I loved DA:O (with all the DLC) and I liked DA2. It had it's flaws (randomly spawning enemies, few locations) but it topped in the character department.

Unless they somehow make a major fuck up, I0ll preorder the CE for Inquisition.

I also don't see much wrong with ME3. The only real weakness was it's ending, which comes more down to storywriting than gamedesign.

I loved origins so much, especially the chloromancer or something that came with a dlc or expansion. So much depth to everything including combat. I liked DA2, but I was done with it within a week. I hope they take a good look at origins before they make the 3rd one.

Deleted
    Looking forward to what they can wip together. I'm not going to buy it on release I think, but that's less to do with Bioware and more to do with me simply not doing that any longer - been burned too many times.

If anything, I hope they go the route of their older and better RPG's and allow a larger customization of your character than the Mass Effect style of playing an already fairly per-rendered character.

Doubt I'll buy it... I think a friend of mine will, though. I'll try it out when he gets it.

Deleted
    If this would become more story like Dragonage origins and then the combat system of Dragoneage2 , and make it into a sandbox game , i would deffinitly buy it.
    If its just going be another dragonage2 kinda game , no thx.

Kinda pissed Bioware is deciding to go only with a human character again, no elves or dwarves D:

My thoughts? EA destroyed what used to be my favorite game developer. Dragon Age II was a nightmare and while SWtOR was one of the best leveling experiences I have ever had, it failed to keep me going after about 3 months. The bugs that are still present today is a testament to that.

I believe this is more EA's fault than biowares though. EA destroys every game developer that swallow up. Hoping Gearbox can stay away from EA.
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!

Well after the DA2/SWTOR + ME3 ending disappointment here's hoping they finally remembered how to make a great and finished game again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by External View Post
    If this would become more story like Dragonage origins and then the combat system of Dragoneage2 , and make it into a sandbox game , i would deffinitly buy it.
    If its just going be another dragonage2 kinda game , no thx.
    With the doctors gone, I doubt it will even reach DA2.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope its like DA2, Origin was so bad..

Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    I hope its like DA2, Origin was so bad..
    I hope your kidding.

Dragon age 2 was one of their worst games. It flopped compared to Origins. Dumbed down, lack of meaning dialogue or choices, barely any customization, bland repetitive environments. Origins was amazing, Dragon age 2...crap.

And it is already stated to be more like the better Origins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
    I hope your kidding.

Dragon age 2 was one of their worst games. It flopped compared to Origins. Dumbed down, lack of meaning dialogue or choices, barely any customization, bland repetitive environments. Origins was amazing, Dragon age 2...crap.

And it is already stated to be more like the better Origins.
    The one thing you HAVE to give DA2 is that it definitely looked "prettier" than Origins. And for some, graphics > gameplay.

I agree this is Biowares final chance at redemption. From what I read from the wiki site there is some hope.. Better combat, better customization, no rehashed maps.. Assuming they pull it off.

From the wiki:

Combat is also expected to differ somewhat from its predecessors and focus more on a player's ability to prepare, position, and form a cohesive team with his or her party members,requiring fewer repetitive finger strikes but better thinking.

Customization is said to be expanded in the next game. The developers addressed mainly how equipment would be handled with party members. They described a situation in which the player found a breastplate and decided to give it to a party member. Depending upon which party member received it, the breastplate would automatically adjust its shape and aesthetics in order to fit that particular character while still maintaining his or her identity. It was also hinted that armor customization will go as far as altering its color and pattern.

Ray Muzyka, BioWare's CEO, said in an interview with Wired.com that Dragon Age III would be influenced by more open world games, such as The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, which BioWare is "checking out aggressively." Also, the developers promised their fans that they will no longer reuse environments, which was considered a main issue in Dragon Age II.
    Last edited by trips25; 2012-10-30 at 04:05 PM.