Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by digmouse View Post
    This change is for Asian servers only apparently.
    You quoted the whole post which explains it several times and yet you still got it wrong.

This change is for KOREAN serves. Not Asian servers. The majority of Asian players are not in Korea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shruikah View Post
    I used to love raiding 25s during the week and doing 10s on the weekend.
    I did so during WotLK, on various alts even, when you could clear places really quickly - at least the stuff that came after un-puggable-Ulduar. Because there was really nothing else to do than raid.

I used to love that too. I was absolutely mad when lockouts became shared. Oh boy, was I was mad.

Cata made me glad that there was only one lockout. It didn't bother me that everyone got the same gear, regardless of difficulty. I was happy doing 25-mans on main and the occasional 10-man on alts. I liked that you could do your achievements on either size. Because I remembered how painful doing everything twice was in WotLK. I liked raiding 4 times a week, I didn't like having to complete achievements more often than once. But since I like gathering up those points, there was no choice for me.

In MoP, things take a lot more time. There is so much to do. Things are more challenging. I like it.

But I can't imagine doing 2 lockouts again every single week, which is a task further complicated by the fact that we've split off from our former 25-man and have been raiding 10-man for the past 4 weeks. The thought of having to find a new 25-man raid to join only so that we can raid competitively is horrible. We were looking forward to being a tight-knit group of friends that had fun together while still being successful and competitive. Heck, I even found that I don't find 10-man all that horrible anymore. I'd always been a 25-man raider because it just feels like more of a raid, and downsizing to do an additional off-night 10-man was just so easy in WotLK. But I also feel like I had a lot less responsibility in 25-man. It's a difference between keeping down your healing rain and spamming AoE heals into a 25-man and 2-healing a 10-man encounter of difficulty levels as we have them at the moment. People die now if I make a mistake. In 25-man, I never felt that much pressure.

I want to prepare myself the best I can for new content, but if I cannot do that due to my choice of raiding 10-mans, I really don't know. My raid leader has such great plans for the next content, having us study up on encounters on PTR and stuff... things that will allow us to get a better start than we did for T14 as we're a newly formed raid and only half of us even did something on the beta servers.

If EU gets WotLK-style raiding back, this will be a huge setback, and I fear that some of us will lose motivation and others will go and find a 25-man again if that's what's required to raid competitively now. None of us will settle for casual raiding. We're not top-world, but if we can step up our game, we might get some server-firsts yet. I mean, we're new. We've been raiding for 4 weeks. There's ample room for improvement. We're ambitious. I feel that such changes might endanger our existence as a raid. We're raiding for fun, but not just for fun. It pains me that - if that change went live in EU mid-MoP - it actually might ruin our project and might make some of my friends quit and others - like myself - would join some 25-man again, just to raid on a cutting edge level again.

Deleted
    Here's a better system:

No lockout. You can do the instance as many times as you want on any difficulty, but you only see loot once a week - same as LFR.
    No loot for anybody if more than half of the raid is saved, to prevent just boosting characters with saved players.
    Heroic doesn't open until the 2nd week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    Curious why you all care anyway. No one is forcing you to do both raids.
    Not true.. They write it will be different iLevel again, which will effectively kill 10man as progression..

Remember how long it took to kill LK10HC for Strict 10man, without buff? 3 months after 25man, because 10man is just tougher with less gear..

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Not true.. They write it will be different iLevel again, which will effectively kill 10man as progression..

Remember how long it took to kill LK10HC for Strict 10man, without buff? 3 months after 25man, because 10man is just tougher with less gear..
    Except that no good players back then were even playing "strict 10 man". There were less than a houndred "strict 10 man" guilds around.

If this comes to EU realms, I might even come back to WoW.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

I really hope this is not going to be extended to EU or US, at least not in the middle of an expansion...

Quote Originally Posted by Avrantia View Post
    Agreed 1000%. No thanks to this regression.
    Agree! Otherwise well have raid 25man

When 10 and 25 didn't share lockout in ICC, I used to have 25m on Thursday with my guild + some people outside the guild usually, and then 10m on Friday and Saturday.

The thing that was broken about that was people raiding 10m were forced to do 25m at one point to get the best loot(since 10 and 25 didn't even have the same loot table!) and vice versa. If they just up the iLvl on 25, it should hopefully encourage people to do 25m instead of 10m. This also means that those who are willing to spend time and effort trying to play in a 25m fustercluck are rewarded with better(although minor) loot.

I don't see this being true because it would give players on Korean servers an advantage in progression since their gear is better. No way Blizz makes a change like this a month into the xpac which will completely tear apart guilds. Why wouldn't they make this change just before the xpac launched if they were serious about it.

I hope it doesn't happen. I don't want to raid the same content on the same toon 3 times per week (lfr, 10 man, 25 man) just to stay competitive. I also don't want to be forced into raiding 25 mans again.
    I am the co-host of a WoW related podcast at www.warcraftlounge.com. Check it out for tips on making gold, commentary on general WoW news, and entertaining recaps of the stupid shit that has happened to us in game. You can download us at iTunes, where we have a 5 star rating from our listeners.

WTB this on US servers right about now plzkthx.

Wrath had so much more content because you could do every raid twice a week, once with guild, once with friends and/or pugs. (4 times for ToC LOL)

---------- Post added 2012-10-25 at 05:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drakkmur View Post
    I don't see this being true because it would give players on Korean servers an advantage in progression since their gear is better. No way Blizz makes a change like this a month into the xpac which will completely tear apart guilds. Why wouldn't they make this change just before the xpac launched if they were serious about it.

I hope it doesn't happen. I don't want to raid the same content on the same toon 3 times per week (lfr, 10 man, 25 man) just to stay competitive. I also don't want to be forced into raiding 25 mans again.
    Stay competitive? Unless you're top 10 world, you're not competing, you're not being forced to do any extra content, so what are you complaining about? More content = Better for the game.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

Deleted
    this change would kill 10m progression. we already have 25m geared guilds who switch to 10m whenever they can't kill something, using their gear level advantage (25m drops more and less is wasted).

Quote Originally Posted by Shruikah View Post
    I used to love raiding 25s during the week and doing 10s on the weekend.
    Yeah, I would love to do this again. With x-realm-raids available from day one. *getting excited*

Deleted
    If this comes to EU/USA I'm done with this game. Making both raid sized equal and being able to choose which you like better was the one best change in this game for me. I don't want to raid 25 mans. I've done it in the past (BC, WOTLK, even some 40man MC in Classic) and I hate it. If 25 mans would again drop better items, 10 mans would be considerably easier and that would completely break the game for me. I'm not a HC raider but I do enjoy progression through content with-out outside assistance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a surprise, keeping the koreans from running out of content. Didn't they already give them 2 resets a week in late cata?

Deleted
    WTF... if they take this to EU I am shafted... can't see me shelling out dough now for a new laptop to be able to raid with decent FPS on 25-man :S

Quote Originally Posted by Traeumerin View Post
    Yeah, I would love to do this again. With x-realm-raids available from day one. *getting excited*
    10/25 lockouts + Xrealm raiding would be AMAZING for the game.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxyra View Post
    WTB this on US servers right about now plzkthx.

Wrath had so much more content because you could do every raid twice a week, once with guild, once with friends and/or pugs. (4 times for ToC LOL)

---------- Post added 2012-10-25 at 05:11 PM ----------

Stay competitive? Unless you're top 10 world, you're not competing, you're not being forced to do any extra content, so what are you complaining about? More content = Better for the game.
    There is more to football than Champions League, there are other leagues besides Grand Masters in Starcraft. Not being the best of the best doesn't mean you shouldn't have a fair competition with people at your own skill level. Surely you realize that being able to gain higher level gear from 25 man raids would break this for those playing 10 man.

Let me give you an example. During ICC you could join a PUG and 99% likely kill the first boss that would drop a heroic 10 man level weapon. That took so little effort that everyone did it which in turn was significant enough to make the 10 man runs much easier. As people geared up, PUG's would get farther in and mess up the gearing even more. It wasn't uncommon that a 10 man raider was in 10man HC gear well before getting to the final quarter of the raid.

It doesn't matter if it's optional or not. There is competition at lower levels and peopel tend to do what they can to get an edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Morghie View Post
    WTF... if they take this to EU I am shafted... can't see me shelling out dough now for a new laptop to be able to raid with decent FPS on 25-man :S
    Laptops were never for gaming, and since you can't OC the CPU on a laptop(at least not to an extent like you can on a desktop) and Laptops come with really bad CPUs compared to the Desktop ones :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Laptops were never for gaming, and since you can't OC the CPU on a laptop(at least not to an extent like you can on a desktop) and Laptops come with really bad CPUs compared to the Desktop ones :/
    Not everyone can afford multiple computers. If he has a need for a Laptop and you can play just fine on one, there is really no reason to get a desktop PC.

Also, laptops definitely can be for gamin. There are many product lines that are specifically designed for gaming. (Asus G-series as an example)