Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Wow, instant kills on someone below 10% health? Who knew that could ever backfire or become broken?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Wow, instant kills on someone below 10% health? Who knew that could ever backfire or become broken?
    Ikr.. -_-'

Stupid design is stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    4 pieces: Your Touch of Death can be used on players with 10% or less health, instantly killing them.
    No problem there. Intervene just needs a tweak so it ignores abilities which don't deal damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    No problem there. Intervene just needs a tweak so it ignores abilities which don't deal damage.
    Yeah, this is totally balanced and should absolutely stay.

Really? Are you serious right now? This whole instantly killing mechanic should not even exist. Because it's dumb.

Also, intervene is most useful against the abilities that don't deal damage except for this scenario. So no, horrible suggestion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    I thought Touch of Death didn't work on players?
    There are some hiccups with it.

I have seen another way that it has worked on players too.

Monk Class is swimming in bugs. This is not the only thing that is working in an unintended way.

While we're on the subject of Touch of Death.. Can it be reflected with Touch of Karma?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown User View Post
    While we're on the subject of Touch of Death.. Can it be reflected with Touch of Karma?
    oh.... my... god...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Didn't even know this ability existed, looks stupid.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not as powerful as it sounds.

Touch of Death

PvP (4) Set Bonus: Touch of Death

A spell costing 3 Chi to do 30-40k damage is hardly God Mode.

Touch of Death

How much does execute hit for and that's ~20% amirite?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    almost any other nuke will kill someone on 10% hp, so I don't see why this shouldn't. also, you don't survive at 10% while being hammered, only if you manage to pillarkite.

OP: hillarious xD
    Because it goes through mitigations, including cheat death while those other things don't. I have seen plenty of arena games where people came back from 10% hp.

But monks also don't have much else to bring to the team at this point.

Deleted
    This will be fixed in 5.1 if blizzard is anything else than retarded. The 4 set should be removed from pvp because having an free kill button at 10% is so fucking dumb.
    Ive had ALOT of games where we survived at % as low as 1-2 and turned the game around. This must go. Now!

Touch of Death

It's not the 30-40k damage, it's just the fact that A LOT of people can survive off 10% hp or less, just because someone is dangerously low doesn't mean you'll score a kill. Monks having a 100% kill chance is pretty stupid.

I expect this to be nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lufi View Post
    It doesn't matter, the other team would lose the game anyway. If anything it is better because the warrior can choose who survives, for example sacrificing himself for the healer.
    It's not the point if they were about to lose or not - which they weren't if that guy wasn't one shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nudle View Post
    so practically you fight any monk with 90% of HP?

Stupid as fuck...needs nerf!!!!1
    This here.. I have seen people surviving at 1-10% hp. There should be no ability that simply kills and has no fix dmg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaja View Post
    How much does execute hit for and that's ~20% amirite?
    Like 80-110k.

I dont see the problem. your at 10%, so around 30k-45k HP. Hunters, Locks, Warriors and Shadow priests have executes that hit for far more than that when you are at 20% AND most of them have no cost. If your that low against almost any other class your dead anyway.

Warriors can chain stun you into the execute. Warriors can also fly around the map like superman. running is damn near pointless.
    Locks can nuke you from afar, with pets on your ass.
    Hunters ^
    Shadow Priest ^ but can heal.

Root / Stun / CC the Monk, run away and heal. Stay out of Melee range. TOD is easy to avoid for many class (Even Melee), Just because a Warrior got PWN3d by it while at Full HP during one very specific sitution doesnt make it broken or OP.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    Like 80-110k.

I dont see the problem. your at 10%, so around 30k-45k HP. Hunters, Locks, Warriors and Shadow priests have executes that hit for far more than that when you are at 20% AND most of them have no cost. If your that low against almost any other class your dead anyway.

Warriors can chain stun you into the execute. Warriors can also fly around the map like superman. running is damn near pointless.
    Locks can nuke you from afar, with pets on your ass.
    Hunters ^
    Shadow Priest ^ but can heal.

Root / Stun / CC the Monk, run away and heal. Stay out of Melee range. TOD is easy to avoid for many class (Even Melee), Just because a Warrior got PWN3d by it while at Full HP during one very specific sitution doesnt make it broken or OP.
    It actually does, because the spell is not intended to kill anything that is above 10% hp. It also ignores any damage mitigation.

It's broken as hell to be honest. But the video was quite funny.

Deleted
    you are all talking like WW monks are even viable in rated pvp...

really if you are less than 10%, with the monk with at least 3 chi, you will probably die to a blackout kick anyway.
    also its melee range
    1.5 minute cooldown

may be working as unintended, but hardly game breaking apart from 1 random situation which will probably never happen again.

either way one of their team would've died, and it would've been 3v2.

Deleted
    If the guy was hit for 10% hp of the other guy, he would be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JayJay09 View Post
    It actually does, because the spell is not intended to kill anything that is above 10% hp. It also ignores any damage mitigation.

It's broken as hell to be honest. But the video was quite funny.
    But how often will that happen? Cant see this happening too often, at least not often enough to warrent a nerf. I quick fix is to change it to do damage equal to the monks HP when the target is below 10% (like it does to PVE mobs). This will still kill anyone below 10% but wont kill the warrior (will rape him for 80-90% of his/her HP, but thats better than death)

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

10+ Year Old Account
    If your (teammate) stupid enough to Intervene someone with low health versus a Monk then you deserve to die. I call this a mistake by the warrior. Besides, Touch of Death requires the target to be at 10% (not 20% like execute) AND it has a 3 minute cooldown glyphed (unglyphed it requires 3 Chi).

Also, 10% of a decent geared player is around the 35k. I don't know how much Execute for but I'm pretty sure if a warrior used Execute on you while you're at 10% you'll probably die too.