Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Is WoW now like a Rollercoaster?

Waiting 30 minutes for 2 minutes of fun?
    What are you gonna do once you are exalted or best friends with the brawlers guild? Never fight again? Never step foot in the brawler area again?
    I understand wanting to rush to world first in raids and quick queue times on dungeons, but the brawlers guild appears to be nothing like that.

Sure there are completionists out there that will grind it out ASAP but they do that to themselves and should not expect the grind to be easy fast or enjoyable.

My only concern would be if I can't leave the brawlers guild and stay queue'd.

Edit: Although making the arena's more like the ones in Tron where there are multiple cage fights going on at once would be kinda cool.

Mists of Retarded Decisions By Blizzard.

Introduce a cool new feature, make a single-person non-instanced queue. This is going to be ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    So, Blizzard sponsored greifing? Because no random people are going to sit there and throw only buffs at people. This is the internet, and it is full of trolls.
    And? Don't piss of people, and you generally wont be a target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently on the PTR (with like 5-6 people in the queue) it's okay, because you have just enough time to get your CD's ready before you go again, when 10+ people queue up you're gonna be waiting for ages with ready cooldowns..

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    You take it on faith, you take it to the heart.
    The waaaaaaitiiiing is the hardest part.
    Hey! Don't come around here no more.

Anyway, on topic, I can see your point, OP. Honestly, though, it IS PTR, things might yet change, and even if this is how it's going to be, let's give it a shot and try it ourselves. Might be better than you think, we don't have all the info yet, and experiencing something is better than reading about it.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    I think it adds to the atmosphere.

If you didn't have to wait your turn, the entire experience would be different. It's would become a 1 man dungeon that lasts about a minute long. But since you have to wait and you can watch others as they fight, it becomes "real". You can laugh as baddies get killed, and you can cheer on your friends. It will create a community within the server (probably).
    Agree. A feature thats different from the other things to do and helps build that community feeling. Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    I think it adds to the atmosphere.

If you didn't have to wait your turn, the entire experience would be different. It's would become a 1 man dungeon that lasts about a minute long. But since you have to wait and you can watch others as they fight, it becomes "real". You can laugh as baddies get killed, and you can cheer on your friends. It will create a community within the server (probably).

Overall though, I see balancing being a problem for this. Some classes will have it incredibly easy. As I see it right now, as a hunter, every fight will be a cake walk.
    You're right. That really adds to the social atmosphere.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    The way it's marketed, it sounds like only the best will be able to actually kill anything. That'll turn away the vast majority of people straight away.
    If you can solo pandaria rares I'd imagine these brawler rings are up your alley. Judging by the piles of skeletons around spawn sites for rares most can't do it without failing miserably multiple times xD

10+ Year Old Account
    That's one of the stupidest thing's I've seen them do. At first I was really excited for this to hit live, and now I probably won't be bothered to waste my time in a queue all day.

A lot of people think Brawler's Guild is supposed to be a single player PvE feature. It seems to me like it's more of a social community-building feature. Proving grounds which will come later will be the single player PvE feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I don't know what internet you've been on, but that is simply not true. Most people are assholes, and to assholes, everyone is a target.

A solution would be to run multiple instanced servers of it with a cap on how many people can be in a given server. Say, I don't know 15-20 per brawlers arena instance just so the queue times aren't absolutely ridiculous.

I don't know how feasible it would be, but it's an idea.1

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I don't know what internet you've been on, but that is simply not true. Most people are assholes, and to assholes, everyone is a target.
    Sad but very true. When there's no consequence to being a dick - there is really nothing you can do to prevent yourself from being a griefing target.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    It's probably mean of me but i have to ask: Are you new to the internet?

If people can choose between helping (Boring!) and hindering (Seeing other people fail is FUN!), what do you think they'll choose?

What was the last time somebody helped you out in WoW without direct gain for themselves?

Why create instances for a solo player? This is a multiplayer/social game. Its like asking for an instanced version of your local pub or bar so you can skip the queue to be served first...then find yourself all on your own and bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    Why create instances for a solo player? This is a multiplayer/social game. Its like asking for an instanced version of your local pub or bar so you can skip the queue to be served first...then find yourself all on your own and bored.
    Because this is a game and not real life. I can live with a small queue, but if I have to wait an hour plus? Sorry. I'm playing a game to have fun. Not sit around and be bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    Sad but very true. When there's no consequence to being a dick - there is really nothing you can do to prevent yourself from being a griefing target.
    Actually come MoP I have met a lot of nice and helpful people. Of course I've met 1 or 2 idiots as well, but I have met loads of helpful people. People who would fly across Vale of Eternal Blossom to rezz me at the Seat of Knowledge.

Most people wont be idiots because that is just inviting people to be idiots back to them. That is how community's work.

---------- Post added 2012-10-25 at 05:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Quenchiest View Post
    Because this is a game and not real life. I can live with a small queue, but if I have to wait an hour plus? Sorry. I'm playing a game to have fun. Not sit around and be bored.
    Who said it will be hours? Plus you don't have to be bored, you can talk and get to know people and watch them fight and discuss tactics.

Deleted
    Actually come MoP I have met a lot of nice and helpful people. Of course I've met 1 or 2 idiots as well, but I have met loads of helpful people. People who would fly across Vale of Eternal Blossom to rezz me at the Seat of Knowledge.

Most people wont be idiots because that is just inviting people to be idiots back to them. That is how community's work.

Who said it will be hours? Plus you don't have to be bored, you can talk and get to know people and watch them fight and discuss tactics.
    How many people exactly do you expect to meet while being afk in a hour long queue?

If they don't have some sort of instancing to sort this it will be nearly unplayable at launch. Sounds pretty stupid to me but then again they've made some questionable descisions in mop already so it wouldn't surprise me

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They wanted to make it observable, and didn't want to take the time to create a way to evesdrop on instances.

What's worse is the way the trolls in the audiance can screw you over by spamming those "dazing items".
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

At an average of 1-2 minutes a fight, with how many people on a server, I'd assume queues would rise into the hour+ range at least for the first little while. This will vary obviously depending on your server population.

But seriously. I don't want to stand around talking to people to discuss tactics. I want to play. I have my guild and other friends that I talk to when in game who I talk to for the sake of conversation.