Well Aion was just as bad when I played. But yeah, botting is the number one issue of the game I feel. I'm not sure if people realize how insidious it is, especially the economy of the game.

I feel this is worse than Aion. In Aion there were resources and CDs were much lengthier. You couldn't 1 auto spam AE. Mobs also didn't instanlty melt because of the 'no tag' mechanic.

Glad I farmed up the bulk of my gold/karma in Orr weeks ago. Before the 3WP route was bot central. I barely get in a hit over there now. Just the teleport cost to Cursed Shore can be a money loss now due to the botting.

I was in QD a few mins ago and there were 12 rangers running the same patter with the same bear and axe main hand equipped just slaughtering everything. Some one tried to get them killed but it didn't go so well as real players rez'd the bots. Goddamn idiots. >.>

They've made most of the events totally unfun for a real player. I've given up even going to sections of the Hinterlands, Kessex, Lornar's, BTC/SFF and Orr, of course.

Really not worth the time/cost of a teleport.

yea the botting is anoying, th most anoying part is that i've reported 2guys in CS doing it since week 1, every day and they're still there...

Umhm. There was a guy parked at Loe Post in SoD for about 6 days, 24 hours a day. People in zone had taken to chain rez-ing him and he was totally naked. Just farming Lone Post all day.

I know I reported that guy like 4 times.

There are about 6 or so bots at the steps to the temple of Lyssa right now. Doing the stand in place/8 direction arrow spam thing.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-10-25 at 05:59 PM.

Yeah, I'm not sure why ArenaNet is so obtuse about the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphran View Post
    Im surprised you dont really rate condition damage.

Im in masterwork gear atm but I have good toughness and a little more vit than I need but I plan to lose it from my gear. Im surprised you say Mesmers dont really benefit from cond damage though. My staff bleed does 730 and its burn does 700. My torch's burn does 1700 while the sceptre's confusion does 1400. Staff poision is a few hundred too but I cant remember just how much.
    Staff doesn't poison outside of Chaos Storm (which is the only Condition damage there, very small scaling compared to the pulses themselves). Your staff also has purple blurbs that do upfront damage (despite being a "condition applier" the purple goop is Power scaling), and the condition it applies is just as often a short duration Vulnerability with zero condition scaling as well. Then you look at the real heavy damage dealer for that weapon set, the Warlock, who scales with condition duration, doesn't matter who puts them up so long as they're up, and a higher power coefficient. Staff is not really a Condition Damage weapon, it only pretends to be.

And as Meledelion points out, Confusion in PvE is really lacklustre. They doubled the damage it does to PvE mobs (which is cool) but almost all mobs still don't attack fast enough to actually make it worth it. It takes a lot of sub-par damage to get up to that 8 stack, which starts falling off pretty quickly afterwards, dependent on them actually attacking when people are trying their best to snare/immobilize and kite out of the path rather than tank.

I don't run torch, but Sceptre's burst-application of Confusion is cool! It just can't sustain it, and is left to sub-par purple blobs that don't scale with Condition damage, only power (your hardest hitting move is Illusionary Counter, which also scales with Power).

These are why I say if you're going along a condition route, do it alongside Power, not in lieu of (it also really works well with the Duelist applying bleeds if you've traited it right).
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure why ArenaNet is so obtuse about the problem.
    They weren't very lenient in GW1. I can only imagine that increase in player base is still something Anet can't really deal with feasibly. GW1 was a much smaller and cruder game.

Getting rid of botters isn't easy actually. At least from the game developer's end. We had to verify the account was hijacked, look at pattern of activity, ISP, logins, live time, etc, etc when I worked for a publisher. And our game was crap compared to GW2. So I recognize it's not an easy process.

Surely, Anet have more money and staff now than they did 5 years ago. They def. have more money than the company I worked for- no doubt about that. NcSoft is huge.

These bots are just so ruinous to the game.

Since we are talking about bots, here is an article that should open peoples eyes about the problem

http://www.guildwars2hub.com/feature...s-and-exploits

After reading that I get the feeling that if anything makes this game fail it will be this. Could be similar to Lineage 2.

Deleted
    le uh-oh

/fill

Pretty sad seeing this after Anet being mental with throwing bans left and right at the very beginning.
    The Le Fuck? :X

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    Pretty sad seeing this after Anet being mental with throwing bans left and right at the very beginning.
    The Le Fuck? :X
    Haha, so true.

Some people i know got banned for a swear word in general chat, but hacks seem to be no problem.

No, it was good they came out the gate hard with bans on what was unacceptable behavior. That is also a lot easier and more direct to deal with than bots and exploiting.

It's obvious botting/hacks are not okay. And I don;'t think Anet would ever take that stance. Getting rid of botters is simply not as quick a process.

I do hope they get a handle on this soon though.

It's not the problem of banning the individual account, because then a bot will show up somewhere else. It's going out of their way to find out what lets the bot work, what doesn't, and break it hardcore, THEN ban all associated accounts. Because just banning hte single account in and of itself does nothing to stop the problem that botting is prevalent, and people doing it will just keep on doing it.

Two completely different things. Completely.

And I've never been banned myself, despite the things I say. I'm not scared, I just don't feel the need to attack someone with things I wouldn't say to their face without expecting someone to try and stab me if I did. Things like "moron" have crept back into my vocabulary with a significant usage and there's no problem. Occasional cuss words? No problem. Really.

There's a pretty big difference between what they were banning for, and what fearmongers wanted you to think they were banning for.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-10-25 at 10:07 PM.

So if what "mr.assguy" posted is true, then we can expect Isles of Janthir. Mursaat and Saul anyone?

Also, PvE game mode?

Isn't Saul like... dead?

---------- Post added 2012-10-25 at 04:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Because the V is nowhere near the W,S,A,D
    "Q" is right where it needs to be. Perfect keybind for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Isn't Saul like... dead?

Last time I stumbled across his graveyard Saul d'alessios grave was empty... Or at least his corpse disappeared for an unknown reason... it's pretty clear that he's coming back.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Isn't Saul like... dead?

Nope, well at least not last time i checked, maybe something happend during the 250 year though.

There's a pretty big difference between what they were banning for, and what fearmongers wanted you to think they were banning for.
    Yes.

Isn't Saul like... dead?
    Not quite.

The Mantle "buried" Saul. But Saul was taken by the Unseen Ones at the end of the battle. It was in the bonus mission pack.

The true fate of Saul is unknown. We only know 1. what happened at the Charr encampment 2. that the mantle covered it all up and made Saul a martyr.

---------- Post added 2012-10-25 at 05:46 PM ----------

After defeating the Charr, the Unseen Ones turned on those who had moments earlier worshiped them as their gods and murdered them then disappeared. They took Saul, in whom they had imbued their most powerful magic, with them. Only a handful survived. Those who remained, who had been deemed most devoted, told the Krytans that Saul was killed by Charr during their retreat back over the Shiverpeak Mountains.

Saul has not been seen since.

Sometime before his disappearance, he formed a special edict for the Temple of the Ages to be unchanged by the Unseen faith.
    Source.

13:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Well Aion was just as bad when I played. But yeah, botting is the number one issue of the game I feel. I'm not sure if people realize how insidious it is, especially the economy of the game.
    Exactly. Bots in GW2 remind scarily much of the bots in Aion a couple of months after release. I really do hope Anet plans to spend some of their cash on battling the gold farmers, cause it sure as hell does not look good as it is now. I am leveling a warrior now and in most low level zones I see a bot party of rangers farming happily at all the botting event hotspots.

My hopes were high after seeing how realistic and reasonable Anet responded to bots shortly after launch, especially after seeing greedy Blizzard employing PR instead of actual action against bots for so many years, but at this point I think no gaming company really wants to spend substantial money on keeping their game clean.

Why is it that every time I go to play some GW2 I have to download some giant update? I normally only play once a week, and while I understand that MMOs will always need frequent maintenance and new sorts of bugs pop up from time to time, but at this point shouldn't it be mostly stable and low maintenance?
    But look at how soon we're all forgotten. The abyss of endless time that swallows it all. The emptiness of those applauding hands.