Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

10 man stone guard solo tank

so I havent tried it yet but since the dmg seems fairly low compared to 25 man and even raid finder is it possible to solo tank the 3 cats and just zerg them down with 3 healers on 10 man? anyone try it?

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes doable on 10man normal and LFR.
    Though this sort of depends on the people your playing with.
    Quote Originally Posted by ubergoose
    here is your rotation:
    face -> keyboard -> roll

So you think you use 2 tanks because of damage tank take from them?

I'd be surprised, even on 10m normal, if two simultaneous unmitigated explosions weren't instant death. They hit for roughly 2x harder than 25m LFR, and for exactly the same damage as 25m normal ((120k LFR, 250k 10m/25m reg, according to dungeon journal)).

Let me know that works out for you...
    Last edited by Daetur; 2012-10-26 at 12:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyTNT View Post
    So you think you use 2 tanks because of damage tank take from them?
    no silly it would just be faster and with mobbed up aoe heals it seems doable
    Last edited by Begrudge; 2012-10-26 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Begrudge View Post
    no silly it would just be faster and with mobbed up aoe heals it seems doable
    I suppose it's possible, assuming that everyone in your raid group has 525,001 health or greater, is fully topped off when the dogs blow up, and doesn't take any additional damage from any sources directly before or after the explosions.

If anyone in your raid has less than 525,001 health, though, good luck AoE healing through them being oneshot.

That's assuming that nobody has any damage mitigation cooldowns. All of the dogs would explode at the same time every time (although you could stagger them if you wanted by having a DPS kite one around for a bit), with the right comp it would definitely be possible to have adequate damage reduction for each set of explosions, at which point you just have to have the raw throughput to recover.

E: spelling.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    That's assuming that nobody has any damage mitigation cooldowns. All of the dogs would explode at the same time every time (although you could stagger them if you wanted by having a DPS kite one around for a bit), with the right comp it would definitely be possible to have adequate damage reduction for each set of explosions, at which point you just have to have the raw throughput to recover.

E: spelling.
    True. I don't know how reliably you could have those up for the rate at which the dogs gain energy, though. It'd be something to test, but I think the OP is underestimating how much "less" the 10m damage is. The explosions individually hurt just as much as on 25m.

Deleted
    Considering what the overloads hits for when not petrified I doubt it at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    It might be possible, but you would need everyone stacked and a lot of mitigation cooldowns to deal with two overloads coming at the same time.

I think it'll probably come down to the fact that doing Heroic Stone Guard is probably easier than doing it on normal this way so you're unlikely to see it done much. That said, I'm pretty sure we'll see somebody do it eventually, especially postnerf.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Yes, 10 man is much easier, 25 man should give better loot then 10 since it is completely faceroll.

Infracted - Wilderness
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2012-10-26 at 01:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ABog View Post
    Yes doable on 10man normal and LFR.
    Care to show examples to backup your bullshit?

You'll get double unmitigated explosions once per minute. Lets be generous and give you 3 minutes to survive that rotating cd's - that means you have to do 103k dps for 7 players. Try mitigating 500k damage 3 times at one minute intervals 3x in a row. Now try doing that dps while avoiding chain damage, mines, puddles of crap and shards. It's not going to happen (for a while)

It could work if you have an occasional dps (kitty, boomy, ret) taunt and kite one of them so that explosions are staggered. Your healers had better be godly though.

Two explosions on 10 Man will most likely kill you. Why do people think 10 Man is like it was in Wrath of the Lich King. It doesn't tingle, it fucking hurts when those things explode!

On our first kill our other tank died ~20% and I solo tanked for the last part. The explosions were obviously staggered as a result of them being seperated throughout the first section of the fight - but our healers were still struggling to keep up even with appropriate use of raid cooldowns. I don't think it will be possible for all three to be tanked together for the whole fight for a while yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Begrudge View Post
    so I havent tried it yet but since the dmg seems fairly low compared to 25 man and even raid finder is it possible to solo tank the 3 cats and just zerg them down with 3 healers on 10 man? anyone try it?
    Nope 10 char

Quote Originally Posted by Bairne View Post
    Yes, 10 man is much easier, 25 man should give better loot then 10 since it is completely faceroll.

Infracted - Wilderness
    You're really stupid..... beyond measure.

And no, at this point it'll be impossible to one tank it.

Not a chance, unless you had amazing raid DPS and enough cooldowns to survive every set of overloads. Which honestly, is pretty doubtful we'll be at that level right now. Maybe in T16?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Care to show examples to backup your bullshit?

You'll get double unmitigated explosions once per minute. Lets be generous and give you 3 minutes to survive that rotating cd's - that means you have to do 103k dps for 7 players. Try mitigating 500k damage 3 times at one minute intervals 3x in a row. Now try doing that dps while avoiding chain damage, mines, puddles of crap and shards. It's not going to happen (for a while)
    Stack paladins and dk's?
    Devotion aura/divine protection and AMS/AMZ.