Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Movies] Evil Dead remake...OMG!

So this just looks amazing I loved the original trilogy and I'm really hoping that they redo the whole series. I'm just hoping the guy they chose to play Ash has the charisma to pull off the character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ceBXUyuv4Q0

Anyone else excited?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

I'm not a fan of people hacking off limbs and all that. It's not scary, it's just plain gross. lol. That said the trailer does seem pretty good. As we all know though, trailers can be deceiving. I'll also say that I'm sick of all the remakes Hollywood does nowadays. It's a cheap way out, but if they do well, what do they care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a typical Hollywood horror flick. I only like old cheazy stuff like Evil Dead.

It is Raimi though.
    Last edited by Roose; 2012-10-26 at 05:15 AM.
    I like sandwiches

Well the sequels were stupid, but the original Evil Dead is, in my opinion, the scariest movie ever made. Remakes of classics usually lose the magic (see Halloween) so my hopes are pretty low. Still, I will probably watch this.

Seeing as how it was written by Raimi and being produced by Ash himself, Bruce Campbell, I'm totally on board!

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks pretty awesome. Im not a fan of scary movies but this is one i will be seeing
    "BC was a hot chick that took alot of work but was rewarding in the end, Cata is the drunk chick that supplied similar results with less effort." -couldnt have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Give up trying to understand her, women tend to handle problems with emotion rather than logic.

Deleted
    Looks like Cabin in the Woods....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    Looks like Cabin in the Woods....
    You mean Cabin in the Woods looks like this. Which is what they intended. Cabin in the Woods is supposed to look like all horror movies though. Which is kind of the point.

Also I know this is a remake but I think it's good they originally made Evil Dead as a school project if I remember. So it being redone with a proper budget is really exciting. Plus it just looks amazing visually. And tree ummm "lovin" is still happening. So there's that.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yells View Post
    Also I know this is a remake but I think it's good they originally made Evil Dead as a school project if I remember. So it being redone with a proper budget is really exciting. Plus it just looks amazing visually. And tree ummm "lovin" is still happening. So there's that.
    To be fair, Evil Dead II was a reboot/remake of the original, with a budget.

Deleted
    from the trailer, it doesn't look too shabby. Still, I'm wary of remakes.

In the end, I will give it the benefit of doubt and watch it before I pass judgement.

Deleted
    Oh god... I doubt that's a horror movie, that's more like a gore movie.. Dafuq. I have never seen something as bad as that! Jesus, that is something I would never watch in my life!

At start it seemed good, then the gore came.... >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish that Hollywood will understand at some point that Horror<>Splatter

10+ Year Old Account
    No Bruce Campbell? Not evil dead to me.

Deleted
    I've been following the remake for some time.

Evil Dead is certainly in my top 5 horror movies ever. Its just a good old splatter movie. No it's not that scary, yes its very tongue in cheek.

The trailer makes it looks bloomin fantastic. I too am wary of remakes but if done right this could be superb.

Evil Dead always deserved a proper remake. This might just be it.

Looks shit, movie you will forget 1 day after watching it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really wish Hollywood would quit doing remakes. This is one they just need to leave alone

Deleted
    Well, from the trailer it looks like an unfunny Cabin In The Woods. And apparently will use an abundance of gore for shocks rather than well-executed scares, a type of horror I can't stand.

As people have said, there's no Bruce Campbell either. Just another cheap Hollywood scheme using a famous title to excuse creating a sub-par movie which does nothing but tarnishes the name of the original. Not for me.

Deleted
    I get the anti Hollywood remake sentiment. It's a bit of a plague at the moment and somewhere it needs to stop. With yet another Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Carrie, Robocop and quite likely more I've forgotten in the works its getting a bit long in the tooth.

The problem though is with Evil Dead itself. It wasn't a high budget movie. It wasn't big, it wasn't clever, it was just a cheap gore fest that gained cult status. It's a movie style that as far as I'm concerned has pretty much died out. It's also a film that deserves to be remade. The original is old enough now and fresh enough to modern cinema goers that didn't grow up and enjoy the original can get something more in line with their expectations.

Yes we have gore movies still but all seem linked to traps, torture or other forms of punishment. Gone are the days of the super natural gore movie and that's why I'm really excited for it. Yes it doesn't have Bruce Campbell so it won't kick as much as or be as slapstick but it still looks like a good old jaunt through some haunted woods.

Truth of the matter not a lot frightens me any more. I jump for sure at loads of stuff but it doesn't linger with me. Evil Dead won't linger with me either I have no doubt. It is however the type of horror movie I prefer. Simple, to the point and entertaining. End of.

Throw in a secluded location together with a group of young teens, throw in a very liberal dollop of blood and gore and season lightly with humor and deliver to my local cinema and I'll love you.

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks like every other soulless, splatter filled, gore movie that passes for "horror" these days. I really don't see anything interesting at all in the trailer any there does not seem to be any of the tounge-in-cheek self-parody or slapstick of the original movies. Granted, there was little of that in the first Evil Dead movie, but it has become a big part of why the series is a fan favorite.

I may check it out when it hist netflix, but it looks nothing like Evil Dead to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Yells View Post
    So this just looks amazing I loved the original trilogy and I'm really hoping that they redo the whole series. I'm just hoping the guy they chose to play Ash has the charisma to pull off the character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ceBXUyuv4Q0

Anyone else excited?
    I believe there will be no ash in the new evil dead.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.