Page 1 of 3
LastLast

More raids opening next week, too much?

Anyone else feeling a bit daunted by having all these raids thrown at us at once?

I mean, we're a decently hardcore guild, and we're now 3/6H. We will have to devote time to MSV still (apparently Spirit Kings are super difficult, not to mention the heroic bosses in general aren't easy), as well as clear HoF (which is basically progression for the first day or two of learning). The week following, we have to continue to do heroic MSV, then Terrace on normal AND HoF (heroic... normal... who knows).

I know we wanted faster content, but ... is this too much too quickly?

Forever complaining... be happy we don't have to raid another 6 months of DS man :l
    ~Vayuu
    ~Lapietra
    ~Lapslock
    ~Rubmybeam

[Barthilas]

Deleted
    In cata u had 3 raids at one time,,

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What is the matter with you? If you don't wanna do it then don't do it, Not exactly hard is it? It's your choice via the race or to say well do this another time

Don't drag us with you just because OMG MORE RAIDS OHHH NOEZZZ

I wonder how you were in T11 ahahaha ahhhhhhhhh that's good.

Deleted
    I feel more or less the same way but... I see the raids gated enough as to not feel lost. In t11 I felt more overwhelmed. Here I see the path more clearly, clear normal HoF, clear normal Terrace first days of each save, finish the rest of heroics on Mogu'shan with the gear of HoF and Terrace, then work on heroics of HoF and Terrace (if one of the heroics in HoF or Terrace is easier, maybe go there first). Mogu'shan will be abandoned after getting 6/6 HC there, except one/two bosses if the pieces of gear are important enough or there is plenty of time one save.

The question is how much time there is left for T15.

Quote Originally Posted by Lap View Post
    Forever complaining... be happy we don't have to raid another 6 months of DS man :l
    Yea seriously why the hell did you need to start a thread about this. I hate hate the people who are never happy either Blizzard gives you too much content or too little who the hell cares you aren't going to world firsts so clear the content at your pace if its too much content for a given week then come back next week. I don't understand you.

It's no different from T11 (i think, correct me if I'm wrong), 3 raids at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    I feel more or less the same way but... I see the raids gated enough as to not feel lost. In t11 I felt more overwhelmed. Here I see the path more clearly, clear normal HoF, clear normal Terrace first days of each save, finish the rest of heroics on Mogu'shan with the gear of HoF and Terrace, then work on heroics of HoF and Terrace (if one of the heroics in HoF or Terrace is easier, maybe go there first). Mogu'shan will be abandoned after getting 6/6 HC there, except one/two bosses if the pieces of gear are important enough or there is plenty of time one save.

The question is how much time there is left for T15.
    honestly don't think most people will bother finishing H MSV up once HOF and Terrace are out

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blaqkmagick View Post
    It's no different from T11 (i think, correct me if I'm wrong), 3 raids at once.
    I see no armory so I'm going in a limb say hes not from that era or doesn't even remember haha!!

---------- Post added 2012-10-26 at 02:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    honestly don't think most people will bother finishing H MSV up once HOF and Terrace are out
    If you want to be in that race and be in a decent ranking then of course you will finish it. I can't say for other guilds ~

I mean... just... what? Blizzard releases a raid with 7 bosses, ppl complain its not enough... Blizzard releases a raid with 13 bosses... ppl complain that it's too much? Why is it too much? Because you wont be able to storm trough all heroics withing first 2 weeks?

Deleted
    You will be able to Terrace on normal as soon as you finish HoF, afaik, so 10 more bosses next week! If I were you, I'd start off by farming what you've killed on MSV heroic, then head to the other normals if you aren't near a kill on MSV

Deleted
    As long as Cutting Edge achievement is there, I would want to finish Mogu'shan before T15. The achievement can't be done after T15 comes out. A raid with several heroics on mogu'shan now shouldn't need that much time geared on tons of 496 and 502 to finish it off. Much more easier than heroic HoF and Terrace for sure.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2012-10-26 at 03:01 PM.

Deleted
    i have to say, their current model of swamping you with raids at expac release when you are struggling maxxing so many other things already
    and then starving you of content for the last 3 months (Cata, Pandalol) is not very smart. I get they want launch high impact, but this is bad mmmkay ?

Tier 11 had a 2 boss dungeon, I wouldn't really count that as most guilds generally skipped it anyway to rush for Nefarion/Sinestra. Sha is the end game for this tier, and that's what everyone is counting as the finish line.

What is the point in throwing out raid after raid when people can't even do the first one? This is probably why we run into no content for the last 8 months of an expansion. We basically have done one new heroic boss each week, using 2 of our 3 raid days (and we even added a fourth to clean up a few times) to do so. We have PLENTY to do, that isn't a problem right now. Why add more? Blizzard could line up the next 5-6 months with raids easily, and have people raiding stuff that's relatively fresh still.

I can see how you think it's fine if you don't do any heroics, but for anyone who's wiping 40-60 times to a heroic boss in MSV will probably understand that there's going to be a lot of their plate pretty soon.

Then keep wiping 40-60 times to a heroic boss, we're going to go ahead and go get 496s and 509s and clean up MSV in the free time.
    lol, whaddajoke.
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Tier 11 had a 2 boss dungeon, I wouldn't really count that as most guilds generally skipped it anyway to rush for Nefarion/Sinestra. Sha is the end game for this tier, and that's what everyone is counting as the finish line.

What is the point in throwing out raid after raid when people can't even do the first one? This is probably why we run into no content for the last 8 months of an expansion. We basically have done one new heroic boss each week, using 2 of our 3 raid days (and we even added a fourth to clean up a few times) to do so. We have PLENTY to do, that isn't a problem right now. Why add more? Blizzard could line up the next 5-6 months with raids easily, and have people raiding stuff that's relatively fresh still.

I can see how you think it's fine if you don't do any heroics, but for anyone who's wiping 40-60 times to a heroic boss in MSV will probably understand that there's going to be a lot of their plate pretty soon.
    6/16 isn't the finish line, Try harder and LOL you thinking the others didn't count ahahaha what about elemental monstary did you not count that? Did you do ANY of T11 to even have an opinion on it? I rest my case as I'll probably start raging on you

Wipe more btw all on you and your raid if you were smart and still COULDN'T do the rest of MV then by all means go do other bosses in the other raids that are coming that are do-able to you and grab their gear THEN come back to it. Or do you not understand the concept of that? Kekekeke

Ahahahah!!!
    Last edited by Resentful; 2012-10-26 at 03:10 PM.

Problem with blizzard is that they only do drastic changes and don't fully understand what players want. We don't want 6 month wait time between raids but we want enough time to complete the instances aswell, so a new raid every 2 months would be nice.

It'll be another 9 months until next tier comes out. Plenty of time for guilds to progress/clear/farm MSV, HoF, and TES. Don't sweat it.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    The OP is correct in that releasing a lot of content at the start and then little towards the ends of expansion is problematic. Think Wrath and the many months of LK, or Cata and the way too long with only DS. The same people responding to his post with scorn will be the ones bitching the loudest when content slows down in the future (you know it will).
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Deleted
    Damn you content!