Thread: Warrior nerfs?

Warrior nerfs?

Been looking through all notes. Is arms getting a dmg nerf ?

actually there is nothing out yet. some weapon dmg % of styles have been lowered, but that was 2 or so weeks ago. i expect op procs to be capped at 3 in pvp or something like that. Otherwise, compared to dk, rogues and so on warrior dmg is not out of control. As a healer, a dk can put way more stress on me in arenas, as a warrior can. The blanket silence on interrupt is really annoying, and it will go away, but i think they overdid it with also removing the ranged silence.

I guess some CDs stacking and a Shockwave nerfs are coming

Quote Originally Posted by warex00 View Post
    Been looking through all notes. Is arms getting a dmg nerf ?
    I hope not, considering it's one of the lowest DPS specs in the game.

Deleted
    M8 being annoying is a not reason to remove it .

Quote Originally Posted by Accaris View Post
    I hope not, considering it's one of the lowest DPS specs in the game.

lol wut?

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    lol wut?

/10char
    Exactly what he said; arms is one of the lowest dps specs in the entire game for current raid/gear levels. Not talking sim craft or hypothetical scenarios but actual recorded data that shows arms dead last overall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdon View Post
    M8 being annoying is a not reason to remove it .
    Tell that to GC, it's why he canned protection pvp.

Deleted
    worst possible nerf for pvp warrior atm as i see it, is when they are going to make the silence from gag order glyph only for pve.
    nerf the damage? i dont care much about it, but then they are nerfing our silence/interupts ect it makes me sad

Deleted
    should just roll back to pre-MoP and im happy... even if we were whipping boys then :S

Arms is very competitive in raiding, it's below fury sure but It does great all round damage. Strong sustained single target, really good in execute range (though none execute burst damage is weak unless you get lucky with TFB procs), good cleave dps with sweeping strikes (though not as good as blade flurry) and excellent sustained AOE dps, infact an Arms warrior can do great AOE dps with thunderclap deep wounds spread whilst also doing great single target dps.

All around the Arms warrior is at a massive disadvantage if bloodlust is not used in the execute range, but even with that they are very competitive with the other non-overpowered specs. Elemental is the only overpowered spec i've encountered, though I haven't played with all classes/specs.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2012-10-29 at 01:44 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Arms is very competitive in raiding, it's below fury sure but It does great all round damage. Strong sustained single target, really good in execute range (though none execute burst damage is weak unless you get lucky with TFB procs), good cleave dps with sweeping strikes (though not as good as blade flurry) and excellent sustained AOE dps, infact an Arms warrior can do great AOE dps with thunderclap deep wounds spread whilst also doing great single target dps.

All around the Arms warrior is at a massive disadvantage if bloodlust is not used in the execute range, but even with that they are very competitive with the other non-overpowered specs. Elemental is the only overpowered spec i've encountered, though I haven't played with all classes/specs.
    Haha no it isnt, Arms isnt even close to fury.

1)Sweeping Strikes requires a target to be with in 5 yards to be hit.
    2)Thunderclap should not be in your rotation, tanks provide the debuff.
    3)Arms has far smaller executes than Fury TG-SMF
    4)Sustained Damage is far lower than TG-SMF
    5)Mastery is terrible now, unable to critically hit like in Cataclysm.
    6)Fury AOE is a million times better.

Dont know where youre getting your information at, but its completely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Punctured View Post

1. In the Stone Guards encounter, Arms perform better thanks to Sweeping.
    2. Thunderclap should be in your AoE rotation.
    3. Arms has smaller executes than SMF, but higher than TG.
    4. Arms sustained is higher than Fury, if it isn't, you're doing something wrong.
    5. Agree with that.
    6. Agree with that.

Arms is very viable until you have 2 good weapons and a fair amount of crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Punctured View Post

I did not say it was as good as fury, the fact that it is not always as good as fury does not mean that it isnt a viable raiding spec. On the whole spectrum of all dps classes Arms is fairly competitive and is capable of great dps in many different scenarios, by taking an Arms warrior to any heroic mode fight right now you would not be at any particular disadvantage that would hold you back from beating the boss.

Thunderclap should be used in your AOE rotation.

1. Costs 10 less rage than whirlwind
    2. Spreads deep wounds which does massive damage
    3. Does nearly the same damage as whirlwind, from my recount it would make thunderclap better damage per rage, looking at a quick one from doing dailies I see 33k crits, not too shabby when it applies deep wounds aswell.
    4. Does more damage if glyphed (50% longer cooldown 50% more damage)

But sure Arms does less damage than fury, doesn't make it non competitive. I played Arms out of necessity due to not having weapons dropped, then kinda fell in love with it and decided to stick with it.

Edit : Bit more dailies and rough damage of whirlwind vs thunderclap on a single attack seems equal, infact the highest crit I had in about 2 mins of killing mobs was a 40k thunderclap vs 36k whirlwind. This puts thunderclap as definitely being higher priority than whirlwind due to the rage cost (20 vs 30), which just supports what I have been seeing (but not paying any detailed attention to) during the expansion up until now.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2012-10-29 at 06:51 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4