View Poll Results: warrior need more nerf?

Voters
345. This poll is closed
  • yes

179 51.88%
  • no

166 48.12%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So, representation = power? By that logic Paladins, Shamans, Mages, Druids, and Hunters need nerfed, too, yes? I mean, since they're all so prevalent in those comps it must mean they're too good! Nerf 'em, I say! TO THE GROUND
    Last edited by Vallius; 2012-10-28 at 05:55 AM.
    "No better burden can a man carry on the road than a store of common sense." - Hávamál, st. 10

They should remove reck and shockwave, add a "Chance to trip over a rock and faceplant" effect to Charge, and a chance to break your ankle when using Heroic Leap. Do you think that would stop clueless people from whining?

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    What ever the hell crit me for 293k the other day lol. Sure i was in pve gear doing my dailies but still that seems a little excessive since only have 340k hp
    Last edited by Pendragon; 2012-10-28 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallius View Post
    So, representation = power? By that logic Paladins, Shamans, Mages, Druids, and Hunters need nerfed, too, yes? I mean, since they're all so prevalent in those comps it must mean they're too good! Nerf 'em, I say! TO THE GROUND
    Oh, you mean all the classes that have recently been nerfed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep.

But everyone's biggest worry is that Blizzard is just going to do what they did to Warriors last expansion again. Maybe worse. They have already moved to remove Gag Order in it's entirety in the PTR build instead of just putting the silence on Heroic Throw, so that is really discouraging.

Yes, you need a nerf.
    You know, Paladins are only second behind Warriors. Since Wrath of the Lich King, Paladin has been one of the most played classes in the game right beside Hunters. Maybe they should be nerfed, they obviously have something that other classes don't have that makes them fun to play.

I simply can't believe some warriors (over 50%??) didn't realize how ridiculously broken they were. Like, reality check?

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    Oh, you mean all the classes that have recently been nerfed?
    Have they ?
    Regardless I'd wish Blizzard would just stop pretending to balance this shit. The game never was and given the design philosophy never will be balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    I simply can't believe some warriors (over 50%??) didn't realize how ridiculously broken they were. Like, reality check?
    No, we're not "ridiculously broken". I play many other classes in PvP and I can tell you that killing a warrior isn't that difficult if you know what you're doing. Is killing a warrior a walk in the park like it was the last 3 years? No, but nor should it be. I'm wearing plate and wield a very big stick. That should mean something. It didn't mean shit in all of Cata and the very first month out of the gate when we're actually contributing to comps and are a commodity the community lemmings up and cries foul since they can't just blow us up in 2 globals anymore. If anything we're finally in-line with all the casters out there CC'ing/macro-splodin' the everliving hell out of everything in their path. This game has been so caster-cuddly in the past 3 years (well, wow in general is caster-friendly, but I digress) that it's about time Warriors were a threat again. They removed our Gag Order glyph for you pansies and made us cc'able in Avatar form as well. I hate to tell you this but the days of hanging back and fear bombing/ice lancing us are over.
    "No better burden can a man carry on the road than a store of common sense." - Hávamál, st. 10

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    Warriors did just come out of an expansion where they were the worst class in the game.

I really don't think that many of them care.

Most players don't arena or rbg, everyone does world pvp at some point or another.

The people QQ'ing about Warriors needing nerfs have their faces too close to the painting. I find that almost every single "feedback" post I read about the strength of Warriors never takes the whole PvP class mechanic spread into account. Look at what Whoranzone up there said. That's the kind of demonstrably idiotic "feedback" almost every forum post about our viability is filled with - nerf every single utility item we have and things will be better for everyone. Of course it will make YOU happy, you're the ones getting focused down! If you play a caster and you don't use your own utilities to keep us at bay, you're going to die. And guess what? You earned that death because you played poorly. Every single class out there has a means to take us down.

Roll a pvp warrior and tell me how it goes when you run up against a BM hunter or a Lock or a Spriest or a Blood DK. I'll tell you, if they know their class, I'll die. If I don't have a healer doting after me, I'm going to die. Now, do I die -less- in this expac than in Cata? Absolutely and I say it's about f*cking time we had viable CC of our own. The nerfs they are already going to implement sound like they'll make CC'ing us a bit easier if/when we pop Avatar. They also fixed bugs with our charge's diminishing returns. I can't see them nerfing our damange since it would have to be in such a way as to royally f*ck up our PvE damage.
    This is the problem with the warrior class...

They expect to be 1 man army.

I will just mention that Blizzard doesn't balance around 1 vs 1 because that is impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabbynator View Post
    heroic strike crit me 240k with 60% resi and im plate
    Which means you had zero CC on the warrior for the time he managed to get 5 stacks of ToB. Your comment says enough of how bad you are.
    Jeg vil ha tre is.

Deleted
    Anyone voting no is a buffoon. Defensive stance + second wind has to go, the combination of the two is grossly overpowered.

Deleted
    I still get killed off my other classes on my warrior, i don't see the problem, yeah i can burst someone down in 7ish seconds but that only if the starts align and allow me to do so. I've always thought learning to do stuff better is a more productive alternative to crying and complaining so i don't do it. This coming from someone who has seen every face of the warrior, from vanilla to mists.

The ability to adapt separates up from the chimps, so are you a chimp or a man? Suck it up and L2P!
    Last edited by mmocd7df26268c; 2012-10-28 at 12:29 PM.

I got charged by a warrior when I came off the graveyard in WSG. He charged in and did shockwave->HS->melee->MS->HS->CS->execute (377k overkill) before the stun ran out. All this while being immune to CC (luckily that is being changed!), and me being in a stun for the duration. I only have 5.5k Resi, but still.... No other class can do anything near that with all CDs popped, except maybe hunters who also need a serious check-up.

Deleted
    48 warriors are bad and doesnt realise it

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm wearing plate and wield a very big stick.
    So what? You put forward the same reason for every single other class to be powerful.

This game has been so caster-cuddly in the past 3 years
    Nope, there have been several ridiculously OP melee classes at different points too, e.g. feral most recently. Rogues were also pretty deadly when it came to pure damage output. SPs and frost mages were pretty powerful at different points in Cata, and frost did need the nerfs it's received. However, certain classes being OP at one point doesn't justify continuing the poor balancing forever and ever, and it is the arms race between mages and warriors which has screwed every other class over. So yeah, wearing plate doesn't mean diddly squat anymore.

(well, wow in general is caster-friendly, but I digress)
    Nope, it isn't really. In fact with the amount of stuns, pushback and silences flying around in WOTLK and Cata, it was anything but. It's instant-friendly.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

silly double post

Deleted
    I vote priests and hunters, especially hunters, to be nerfed. Why all the attention on warriors? Yes, they're op a bit, but hunters for example deal a lot more damage right now, and shadow priests and feral druids heals are way op, but for some reason nobody cares about that.
    I bet those people who want nerfs to warriors right will say things like "they're okay now, they're finally killing dolls like we need them", when warriors will get nerfed to the ground and become the worst class in the game like it was in cata. But no one will cry out that warriors will be overnerfed, no, it will be totally okay. A lot of people said warriors weren't the worst class in cata, those are the people who are crying right now the they get killed by class they used to faceroll. PATHETIC.

3/5 of the classes you mentioned are hybrids and have 2 or 3 viable arena specs to 1 warrior spec(while all having a healer spec which is required for any arena team basically,) and are still outnumbered 2:1, and in some cases, 3:1.

Warriors make up 9/10 of the top comps in arena, and 20% of the overall population R50 and up on every BG according to AJ.
    Yes, that is too good.

Also, posting this on the warrior forum makes the poll incredibly biased. Post it on the pvp forum and it will be 95/5.

It's not even the damage that's overpowered, warriors are near unkillable. Out of some ~200 games all between 2.3-2.5k MMR as enh/war/hpal, I don't think the warrior on my team has been killed a single time due to the ridiculously strong defensives(mainly being able to passively take -25% damage, second wind, and amazing ways to get away from damage.)

20s CD shockwave also needs to be looked at.
    Last edited by Lassira; 2012-10-28 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vital View Post
    Anyone voting no is a buffoon. Defensive stance + second wind has to go, the combination of the two is grossly overpowered.
    Play 3v3, that's what the game is balanced on.
    Second wind is fine.
    That's a l2p issue.
    Yes we need a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsu View Post
    Play 3v3, that's what the game is balanced on.
    Second wind is fine.
    That's a l2p issue.
    Yes we need a nerf.
    If you actually die in 3v3 as a warrior and your healer didn't d/c, you need to L2P.