Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well look on the bright side atleast this doesn't really nerf our Chaos Bolt Havoc (Well essentially we might kill a mob 3 seconds slower if we would otherwise 1shot it).

But how is immolate and agony, small nerfs or the same as before?

Deleted
    another thing that impact PVE is that when a boss is going immune or similar effect, you lose dps with part of the dmg being a dot which does not fully tick
    i don't count the harm on adds like on elegon which have low HP, its troublesome

If they want to lower CB dmg for PVP reasons, (i don't play pvp so don't kill me )they could have done -25% CB and put the 25% to immolate, nerf on pvp side, not much of a change (even a small buff perhaps on multi target) for PVE

Do they not remember doing this same thing with conflag with poor results? Blizz should really keep some kinda book or something on past mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Do they not remember doing this same thing with conflag with poor results? Blizz should really keep some kinda book or something on past mistakes.
    The dude who had a clue no longer works for them.. so its nightmarish all over again for warlocks.

They always take the same routes to nerf/kill something.. and never learn when it doesn't work...
    Warlocks get buffed ONE TIME and suddenly developers are getting fired over it...

Deleted
    WTF this is just retarded, they nerf chaosbolt burst just because some noobs don´t know how to play vs a lock and they cant interrupt a 3 second cast.

anyway, they give us an useless spell!! yay! 4 seg cast 8 yd radius, why not 3 yd radius 10 sec cast? we don´t want some ppl complain because they cannot avoid the stun!

Deleted
    So they nerf chaos bolt, the only high dmg locks have which is pretty much impossible to get off in arena if the ppl are not totally retarded. Long casting for a reason. I mean incinerate hits like a wet noodle while mages jump around and do instant ice lances for 50k+ 24/7 and stun ppl 24/7 or silenced pretty much while they can shield, heal, block, root like mad, GG blizz GG.
    I knew that the "PvP" expansion would be totally unbalanced.

XELNAAAAATH, I already miss you T_T

So warlocks had 3% representation in top 50 arena? ^^ Have fun those 3%!

Is there some statistics about overall class representation? I'm not really seeing hordes of players joining us in awesomness on my server.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    Chaosbolt sounds like much less fun.
    No way man, now it's like Pyro...only not as good. (-_-)

I will burn your soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernex View Post
    No way man, now it's like Pyro...only not as good. (-_-)
    Except we don't have a way to insta-cast it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Except we don't have a way to insta-cast it.
    Indeed...(I thought it was obvious that I was being sarcastic?)

I will burn your soul.

Hello, 3K exp r1 warlock here. Currently playing destro in 5s at 2500 mmr as well. I just want to comment on the state of destro in arenas right now. I won't even mention affliction except for the fact that it is very very poor due to the lack of burst it does and how it no longer can out-pressure healers and make them go oom which ultimately wins the game. Affliction needs far too many changes to be what it was and it is too good in pve for blizzard to change.

So, as far as destro goes there are 2 scenarios you face: You either get bad teams that let you cast, or good teams that use all interrupts on you. Sure the bad teams are very easy wins, because a demon soul + trinkets chaos bolt will hit for 160-190k depending on gear. As far as the good teams go, you most likely will never be able to setup your burst in a way that will make or break the game. Unfortunately, the bad teams are the ones that post on the forums and cry to blizzard that destro is so op and waah waah etc.

This chaos bolt change is the wrong way of balancing a class. Destro is not even in the top of pve dps, so an easy solution would be to buff incinerate dmg and remove chaos bolt from GoSac.

As far as the new spell cataclysm goes, I haven't been on PTR so if it isn't affected by mannorth's fury or kil`jaedans cunning i won't even waste an ember on it. Good luck casting cataclysm on people who don't keyboard turn, they can outrange it in half the channel time.

Just my views on this topic from my experience playing destro at high mmr.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this change sets a very dangerous precedent. The nerf is nothing to do with competitive PvP and everything to do with appeasing forum QQ over none competitive situations. By making this change they are removing any defense they have against making a slew of other changes for the sake of non-competitive play. If this goes live, the floodgates are open and there's no going back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I think this change sets a very dangerous precedent. The nerf is nothing to do with competitive PvP and everything to do with appeasing forum QQ over none competitive situations. By making this change they are removing any defense they have against making a slew of other changes for the sake of non-competitive play. If this goes live, the floodgates are open and there's no going back.
    People cry, classes die

It's sadly the same precedent that was set most of Cataclysm. Personally I can't see myself doing much PvP at this moment (I used to play Affliction PvP, and I am just not a fan of Malefic Grasp this expansion). Is it doable? Yes, just like how an Enhancement Shaman got gladiator (if I remember correct) in Cataclysm. But is it smooth, does it play well, and is it "fun" (to use Ghostcrawler's favorite 3-letter word)?

No, not at all...

Deleted
    Pretty much. We've now lost our once defense in the form of Xelnath, I'm not expecting anything good to come out of warlocking in pvp this expansion - affliction changes to neuter multidotting has made it pretty bleh in pvp, meanwhile chaos bolt has been nerfed for silly reasons, right after GC defended it as a justified thing considering setup time. Is demo any good in pvp lately, the whole spec seems to be built around "setup time" to get meta prepped, so I've not tried it.

I'm worried now Xel is gone, didn't he claim he was trying to make warlocks undershoot the mark in terms of pvp power, so that they'd hopefully avoid any first wave nerfs and then be in a better place overall? I might be misquoting, but if I'm not, then I'm worried about his masterplan, the rest of blizz don't seem to have pvp buffs in mind for locks.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Personally I can't see myself doing much PvP at this moment (I used to play Affliction PvP, and I am just not a fan of Malefic Grasp this expansion). Is it doable? Yes, just like how an Enhancement Shaman got gladiator (if I remember correct) in Cataclysm. But is it smooth, does it play well, and is it "fun" (to use Ghostcrawler's favorite 3-letter word)?

No, not at all...
    Tell me about it. I really can't bring myself to like MG. I can just about stand it in pve, but it was a change I don't feel was necessary and it makes me feel like a poor mans shadowpriest, it took long enough to try and stop destro feeling like a poor mans mage. I just don't like it.

It's made affliction pvp borderline unbearable for me. I wasn't the biggest of pvpers in prior expansions, but I did it casually. I struggle to even get myself to do that now.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2012-10-27 at 11:17 PM.

Words do not affect anything at this point, at least blizzard is adamant about that and if anything's going to change it won't be anytime soon.
    I simply do not and cannot understand how this point has been reached regarding pvp, good pvpers warned everyone about this long before mop came live, yet nothing was done about it and things kept escalating up until this point, what was the purpose of beta testing tbh,I'm simply lost for words,it's just sad that I really want to play arena but the state it's in right now is so demolishing I feel discouraged to do so.

Edit: oh and inserting new abilities and random changes left and right instead of focusing on the main issues doesn't really help solve it at all.

PS: affliction still left to rot in the dirt,It's a shame really.
    Last edited by wholol; 2012-10-28 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Words do not affect anything at this point, at least blizzard is adamant about that and if anything's going to change it won't be anytime soon.
    I simply do not and cannot understand how this point has been reached regarding pvp, good pvpers warned everyone about this long before mop came live, yet nothing was done about it and things kept escalating up until this point, what was the purpose of beta testing tbh,I'm simply lost for words,it's just sad that I really want to play arena but the state it's in right now is so demolishing I feel discouraged to do so.
    This is so true, we've already given a handful of warnings but they've been ignored, and I'm sure the rest of the PvP community has done so for other classes. Everytime it was "wait for live", or "wait for the season", or "wait for the gear". But the problem was in the core mechanics themselves, which do not really depend on all of the mentioned factors.

Not sure I fully understand the CB change. Is it purely a GoSac or is the 25% damage as a DoT thing baseline?