10+ Year Old Account

The Ultimate Pokemon Challenge

So, I've been playing through Black and White 2 and it kinda got me thinking about the old days, and then I realized that I have never completed a pokedex in my entire pokemon career, so I've decided to go back and play through the old games. There are a couple rules though.

1. You must complete the pokedex in every game (shouldn't be too hard if you are trading pokemon over from the previous one)
    2. You cannot cheat to get pokemon. You must catch them legitly.
    3. There is only 1 exception to Rule #2 and that is that you can cheat for event pokemon, but ONLY the event item. You still must catch the pokemon legitly.
    4. This isn't so much of a rule, but more of a warning: You cannot play the Gen 1 and 2 games. You must play Fire Red and Leaf Green and Heart Gold and Soul Silver. The reason for this is because there is no way to trade pokemon from Gen 2 to Gen 3, so you'll be screwed if you don't play the remakes.

I'll be updating this thread with my progress, and I hope you guys do the same.

So with every game since Gen3 you realy mean every single entry in the main franchise?
    Ruby+Sapphire+FireRed+LeafGreen+Emerald+Diamond+Perl+Platinum+HeartGold+SoulSilver+Black+W hite+Black2+White2=14 titles? D:

Wow I played Pokemon a lot and I only 100% completed 5 of them and have no intention of buying the other 8 (I might buy b2 or w2 though, haven't yet) but I wish you every success with this venture!
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

already done, i have every pokemon except melotta because she hasnt been released yet. took thousands of hours of playtime
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    So with every game since Gen3 you realy mean every single entry in the main franchise?
    Ruby+Sapphire+FireRed+LeafGreen+Emerald+Diamond+Perl+Platinum+HeartGold+SoulSilver+Black+W hite+Black2+White2=14 titles? D:

Wow I played Pokemon a lot and I only 100% completed 5 of them and have no intention of buying the other 8 (I might buy b2 or w2 though, haven't yet) but I wish you every success with this venture!
    No, haha I should have clarified. I plan on playing Fire Red, then Soulsilver, then Emerald, then Platinum, then Black 1, and finally Black 2. It'd be pointless to make you play all 2 or 3 games in each gen.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    No, haha I should have clarified. I plan on playing Fire Red, then Soulsilver, then Emerald, then Platinum, then Black 1, and finally Black 2. It'd be pointless to make you play all 2 or 3 games in each gen.
    you know what the most boring part of it is? catching 100+ lvl 2 pokemon in order to trade them over
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    you know what the most boring part of it is? catching 100+ lvl 2 pokemon in order to trade them over
    Yep. I remember back in Gen 3 catching 100 wurmples and zigzagoons. It was horrible.

Good luck with the challenge, here's some info on it being done before:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/The_Speed_Gamers

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    I would set up a challenge for myself; Find my Pokemon Red and Blue and complete them on my N64 ... again! Oh god how I loved Pokemon Stadium. I want more of it!

I had all (251 was it?) Pokemon in the original Gold version. I consider this your challenge completed, about a decade ago. Largely because 95% of the Pokemon added after Gold and Silver were just... Stupid. As was the increasing requirements to have over 9000 HMs, as though the game was intended for you to have one or two level 100 tanks, and four or five that had never seen a battle and were only there for the HM abilities...

10+ Year Old Account
    I completed blue and silver not owning anny others i feel i beat the challenge.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one's forcing you to do the challenge, but quit coming in here and saying "I caught all the pokemon from the first 2 gens... challenge completed." There's almost 500 pokemon, which means you are only halfway done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    I had all (251 was it?) Pokemon in the original Gold version. I consider this your challenge completed, about a decade ago. Largely because 95% of the Pokemon added after Gold and Silver were just... Stupid. As was the increasing requirements to have over 9000 HMs, as though the game was intended for you to have one or two level 100 tanks, and four or five that had never seen a battle and were only there for the HM abilities...
    Dude, trust me when I say all gen's have horrible shitty pokemons. The new gens, especially B/W started what I like to call, being on the right track. I found the game had all I want.

Wish you good luck OP Would never bother it haha. Im glad enough to still have my old originale pokemon blue game (Still working!) with 150/151 and only about 51 hours played:P I should one day get an Electabuzz caught for the final 151.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO