Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I tried enh. pvp ohgodohgodohgod spam!

i need some noob advice ... basically. i have no idea what i'm doing. it feels so chaotic and random compared to what im used to (elemental).

it feels like i pop searing,stormlash,unleash,flameshock,lava lash, then i run around in circles until a cooldown is up. i keep getting frost novad, feared, rooted, kited, all while my attacks show up as 'absorbed'. i then pretty much keep reacting to cooldowns.

what are my target priorities? what should i be thinking of? what are some tricks of the trade?

advice greatly appreciated.

I tried enh. pvp
    Nothing positive can come of doing this. :P

You can try bursting with Acendancy+Trinkets+wolves+stormlash+elemental... Good luck getting all that up though. Other than that you're an interupting/grounding/tremor/windwalk/earthgrab/capacitor/hex bot.

And if you're alone, you're a free HK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    Nothing positive can come of doing this. :P

You can try bursting with Acendancy+Trinkets+wolves+stormlash+elemental... Good luck getting all that up though. Other than that you're an interupting/grounding/tremor/windwalk/earthgrab/capacitor/hex bot.

Yup also as soon as we pop ascendance were nothing more then a massive stun lock target. It really sucks because one of our main big attacks takes a 5 seconds to charge

enhancement sucks, nod nod

15+ Year Old Account
    try it in the dread wastes with raining blood, only place a enh shammy is nuts
    Sig by Safhira

Get purge glyph, go to town. It would be somewhat possible to give you real advice if you at least told us what bracket you're playing or if you play RBGs (or if you're just a random bg hero). Anyway, if you hope to be viable you'll have to wait until hunters and warriors are nerfed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Poposhka View Post
    i need some noob advice ... basically. i have no idea what i'm doing. it feels so chaotic and random compared to what im used to (elemental).

it feels like i pop searing,stormlash,unleash,flameshock,lava lash, then i run around in circles until a cooldown is up. i keep getting frost novad, feared, rooted, kited, all while my attacks show up as 'absorbed'. i then pretty much keep reacting to cooldowns.

what are my target priorities? what should i be thinking of? what are some tricks of the trade?

Warrior/Enhance/Healer is currently Rank 1 on alot of servers. They are also strong with a feral/ret/DK and also with a hunter (although post nerfs it won't be faceroll). It is so easy its not even funny.

http://www.twitch.tv/hubrix/b/335932957

Not even a glad player rolling this comp to 2400 MMR with ease and beating rank 1/glads for 5 hours. Make up your own mind, but in an arena setting I would say the spec is in the best place its been since heroism was removed....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    Unless the opponent is hunter or a warrior with his cds, no you're not.

What's with the downtalk? Enhance can be really good if you actually know how to play one, all these brats are only talking down on it because they tried it once and got raped for not knowing how to play one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Management View Post
    What's with the downtalk? Enhance can be really good if you actually know how to play one, all these brats are only talking down on it because they tried it once and got raped for not knowing how to play one.
    The people who know Enhancement Shaman and have actually played it this season above 1600 will know that it is in great shape. Once mages/warriors/BM is nerfed to bring them in line they will actually be one of the premier melee dps in 3v3 arena. I myself am pretty average, however I'm sitting at 2100 MMR with feral/enhance/resto shaman which is far from the best comp for the spec.

If you run something like warrior/enhance/hpala (or rdruid/rshaman) you are laughing and sitting on a T1 comp. Double purge literally shits on caster teams, and with walk being off wolves now as well as the unleash fury speed bonus we are no longer sitting ducks vs. melee heavy zerg teams.

The people above who are shit-talking the spec clearly have not geared enhancement and have gone into random bg's expecting mage like control and being able to take a dump on all-comers. It just doesn't happen.

In answer to the original post: Watch http://www.twitch.tv/hubrix/b/335932957 and either stack haste or mastery depending on your playstyle. If shitting on rank 1 MLS teams as a 2200 enhancement isn't a good class/spec I don't know what is.

at the minute ascendance is really powerful. it wrecks people pretty fast and the damage is incredibly high if done right. macro ascendance with stormslash totem, pvp dps trinket and if your orc macro it with your racial aswell. obv people will try stun lock you but just make sure your in a good position to use it.if your waiting for a cooldown to come off try kiting melle with frost shock and binding totems. You can use spirit wolves at around half health to regen your health and cause a bit of confusion. Against casters you have got wind shear, then grounding totem. then if you use the totem reset talent you can reset grounding totem and use it again and then your wind shear should be back off cd for your next interupt if you need it. also with glyphed shammy rage you can remove magic stuns and any magic debuffs such as combustion, deep freeze etc. even use it when a mage uses frost bomb so it doesnt explode on you. purge any debuffs on your target if you cant get in range straight away, you have glyph options such as maelstrom weapon to increase your healing and if you need it, use the spirit wolves glyph for extra healing from wolves but its not really needed. talents like astral shift isnt really all that great in pvp settings because it only lasts 6 secs and cant be cast when stunned etc and its a long 2 min cd absorbing 40% whereas stone bulwark totem absorbs a pretty average amount on initial use and then absorbs a little extra every 5 secs after for about 3 procs and can be reset using teh totem talent. also if you use the talent echo of elements your survivability will greatly improve and so will your damage because it procs your heals and it procs from stormblast and all your spells that arent mellee. flame shock should only really be sued on stealthers to keep them in combat if your in danger of losing them and only lava lash on 5 searing flame stacks. Use your ele pet to stack fast searing flames. Thers so much more to say but il leave it at this lol. hope it helps.

---------- Post added 2012-10-29 at 07:36 PM ----------

warriors are pretty beatable as enh actually if you play right. and hunters arent all that if you stand on their pet for as long as possible. long fight but winnable.

Oh lawdy lawdy, one of these threads again.
    Multi-Glad 2700+ enhance shaman
    Enhance shaman PvP Guide: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11040394000

DEAL WITH IT - Check out my Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Burntfinger View Post
    The people above who are shit-talking the spec clearly have not geared enhancement and have gone into random bg's expecting mage like control and being able to take a dump on all-comers. It just doesn't happen.
    It's what you get when someone asks about pvp. It includes duels, world pvp, arena, bg's and rbg which are all different.
    In random bg's I think enhance is worse than it was in cata (earthen power, 5sec WS).
    In arena it's a lot better than it was (purge glyph, burst cd's).

I've done enhance in bg's, but without gear was just too frustrating so got myself an elemental and resto spec with some crafted gear and now almost got all hp gear. Now i can start on my enhance set and planning to run war, rdudu, enhance in arena.

Btw now warriors will loose their freedom (avatar) in 5.1, would you take the windwalk totem? Might be the way to go together with "totem readiness" (call of the elements?). I also have seen diablous uses FT over FB for the additional damage and stacks haste over mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post
    Btw now warriors will loose their freedom (avatar) in 5.1, would you take the windwalk totem? Might be the way to go together with "totem readiness" (call of the elements?). I also have seen diablous uses FT over FB for the additional damage and stacks haste over mastery.
    If you're running turbocleave then yeah ww totem will become more viable, I still don't like the 1min cd and short duration and I'm not sure I'd want call of the elements over projection since (albeit gimmicky) it's pretty vital for landing your only stun and some other great utility. I really don't see ww totem being better than frozen power in many cases anyway.
    And yeah FT will always win over FB in damage output by a pretty long shot, pretty much comes down to if you need that 75% slow and 50% movement speed increase or more damage. OH imbue has become an interesting choice for sure with Unleashed Fury.
    I haven't tried haste yet, seems very good in theory though, it's a lot better than in cata that's for sure.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to add that your weapon inbue choices become more apparent when you take in consideration the enh 4 piece bonus (when frostbrand is on your offhand weapon lava lash damage is increased by 40%) and so at the momment i run winfury/frostbrand.

Deleted
    Lolhancement pvp.
    Sorry but the only shaman spec that's not poop at pvp, is resto.

Besides, you want spam, play a ret paladin and whack the mole.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Poposhka View Post

That is why Enh needs a redesign.

i'm going to bring back 2hand pvp enhancement

Deleted
    Tried doing enha pvp, but I just couldn't do it. There just doesn't seem to be good on demand burst. Ascendance for enha is terrible compared to elemental.

From my experience and how it looks like on high level arenas right now, shaman specs are more or less like this:

1. Resto, amazing pvp spec. Very good healing, good offensive dispel, good support all around. Possibly the best healing class for 3's at least.
    2. Elemental, decently working right now. The burst is okay as long as you don't get CC chain as soon as you pop your CDs, few nice ways to escape. Still lacking compared to mage/lock/SP.
    3. Enhanchement, one of the worst melee classes/specs. The sustained damage is decent, but you're just too easy target to CC unless you have a pally babysitting your ass with constant freedoms/cleanses. On demand burst damage is lacking badly.