Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If you love grinding dailies for hours, yes.

If you don't, wait for 5.1 or 5.2. Hopefully they'll bring the game back closer to how Cataclysm was. Right now you miss half the new content if you can't (or don't want to) grind for at least an hour every day.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeegee View Post
    So i have not played wow in about 2 years.My question is ,is mop worth coming back for.For a person that plays casual.I intend to raid but really on a random and and off bases.Also how is the new pvp system? Is it better then the old one?Any advice is greatly appreciated.Just trying to see if i want to drop 40$ on mop and get my money out of it.Thanks

side note : played wow for 6 years.
    no not worth it unless you like dailies, imbalanced pvp and loads of botters in it and easy 3 button spam raiding

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post

When was the last time the current ex-pac was considered the best?.
    Cataclysm. The same thing was said then as it is now. We all know how that worked out.

---------- Post added 2012-10-29 at 02:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    If you love grinding dailies for hours, yes.

If you don't, wait for 5.1 or 5.2. Hopefully they'll bring the game back closer to how Cataclysm was. Right now you miss half the new content if you can't (or don't want to) grind for at least an hour every day.
    5.1 has more daily quests and more factions to grind rep with.

Let's just say I've never unsubbed from an expansion this fast....
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Yes it worths every cent ^_^

it was better than i thought, blizz did a great job with the art and quest lines plush added a bunch of new cinematic, now of course i only mention what I enjoy but i am sure there is much more, you should spend $40 and a monthly sub to find out yourself and =D

15+ Year Old Account
    So i have not played wow in about 2 years.My question is ,is mop worth coming back for.For a person that plays casual.I intend to raid but really on a random and and off bases.Also how is the new pvp system? Is it better then the old one?Any advice is greatly appreciated.Just trying to see if i want to drop 40$ on mop and get my money out of it.Thanks

Stay gone, Dude. It's not worth coming back. the game has changed a lot and IMO not for the better.
    "A drug person can learn to cope with things like seeing their dead grandmother crawling up their leg with a knife in her teeth. But no one should be asked to handle this trip. "

I don't have much background or knowledge of the PvP side of the game nowadays, but I feel like MOP is doing it right. It's the closest feel back to TBC days and It's worth every penny in my eyes.

If you don't mind actually having to play the game to get somewhere (which it seems like everyone has that problem) then you should love it!

I guess you could say that Mists is "MOP-ping up cata's mess.

worth more than any other online entertainment you can buy atm, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    Hopefully they'll bring the game back closer to how Cataclysm was. .

I sincerely hope not. Cata was a casual scrub fest, "hurr durr here have some epics, oh the raids are too hard? here have all the nerfs!"
    People got too used to being spoon fed content and not having to get out and work for your goals.

Sorry, I'm just a TBC kind of guy :b

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandaemic View Post
    I sincerely hope not. Cata was a casual scrub fest, "hurr durr here have some epics, oh the raids are too hard? here have all the nerfs!"
    People got too used to being spoon fed content and not having to get out and work for your goals.

I know you guys like to give MoP the aura of TBC related because apparently anything TBC related is the best thing ever but it's simply not true. Even if it was true going back to TBC isn't the right direction either. Regressing the game to some mythological time before makes absolutely no sense.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

No. PvP is severely unbalanced and the PVE grind has been taken to a whole new level.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    I know you guys like to give MoP the aura of TBC related because apparently anything TBC related is the best thing ever but it's simply not true. Even if it was true going back to TBC isn't the right direction either. Regressing the game to some mythological time before makes absolutely no sense.
    I agree with you to a point. I love the new content as much as the next guy. I like how the game isn't one gigantic handout now, while keeping things fresh.
    A lot of people are complaining that dailies suck, and that getting geared is tough. Yeah, dailies do suck and yeah gear isn't free anymore. But when you get exalted, and you get full tier, you feel much more accomplished rather than getting everything from a content patch done in 2 weeks.

Edit: I love your avatar btw

Do you like boring leveling that turns into dailies as far as the eye can see, then it's worth it.

---------- Post added 2012-10-29 at 08:39 AM ----------

MoP is barely a month old and people are leaving in droves again. That should tell you everything you need to know.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you to a point. I love the new content as much as the next guy. I like how the game isn't one gigantic handout now, while keeping things fresh.
    A lot of people are complaining that dailies suck, and that getting geared is tough. Yeah, dailies do suck and yeah gear isn't free anymore. But when you get exalted, and you get full tier, you feel much more accomplished rather than getting everything from a content patch done in 2 weeks.

Edit: I love your avatar btw
    Thanks. I hit revered with most of the factions before I unsubbed and didn't feel a damn thing. It isn't that game anymore and people who played the game through that time aren't the same people anymore. Gear doesn't have the same permanence and raiding is far to accessible to make it feel that you really have those pants or shoulders for a long enough time to make it worth while.

Getting gear isn't tough, it's just TEDIOUS. I don't feel accomplished because none of it was challenging in the slightest and more over it was simply a test of how much I could stomach daily quests and whether or not I could commit myself to logging in every day. TBC was much more challenging in this regard and dailies weren't tied to gear by and large. In fact the only dailies that were IIRC was IOQD and IOQD wasa a server wide thing. I could ignore them as much as I liked.

Now you'll probably tell me I don't need to do dailies and your right. It was when I stopped doing dailies I realized how little I had left to do progression wise and quit the game. LFR once a week isn't worth my 15 bucks a month and I can't meet a raiding guild with my schedule.
    The hammer comes down:

Deleted

Magister's Terrace shits out epics by the truckloads. Karazhan dumped out a healthy amount of epics for little work in it's day. You must have played a different TBC than me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttfear View Post
    No. PvP is severely unbalanced and the PVE grind has been taken to a whole new level.
    I cant comment on PVP because i simply dont care about it, but im happy that people like Atrashasis are not able to have thier free epics like in Cata/wotlk . So im happy about it. Im happy that getting gear/obtaning purples takes effort.

Best expac since TBC, regardless of what people here think, is my take.

---------- Post added 2012-10-29 at 01:41 PM ----------

Thanks. I hit revered with most of the factions before I unsubbed and didn't feel a damn thing. It isn't that game anymore and people who played the game through that time aren't the same people anymore. Gear doesn't have the same permanence and raiding is far to accessible to make it feel that you really have those pants or shoulders for a long enough time to make it worth while.

Getting gear isn't tough, it's just TEDIOUS. I don't feel accomplished because none of it was challenging in the slightest and more over it was simply a test of how much I could stomach daily quests and whether or not I could commit myself to logging in every day. TBC was much more challenging in this regard and dailies weren't tied to gear by and large. In fact the only dailies that were IIRC was IOQD and IOQD wasa a server wide thing. I could ignore them as much as I liked.

Now you'll probably tell me I don't need to do dailies and your right. It was when I stopped doing dailies I realized how little I had left to do progression wise and quit the game. LFR once a week isn't worth my 15 bucks a month and I can't meet a raiding guild with my schedule.
    So you want free epics becuase you dont have time to raid? What a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know. I can't tell you what you might like cause I don't like your preferences.

As for me, this is my least liked expansion. I log in to check my farm, I find an excuse not to do dailies, then I log in for raid, raid, log off. repeat. I like progression raiding, and I always will, unless they fuck that up, it's the thing that is worth my 15$. It's the ONLY expansion where I ONLY logged in on raid days, give or take one or two days if I'm just bored, and it's usually logging in for the chat.

Yeah, there's a good number of things you can do, saddly those things aren't interesting to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm liking it, great zones, dailies get a bit too much after a while and 2 new raids coming out very soon!

The questing is a bit linear mind you, but you are able to skip lots of it when you get so far into Jade Forest.

Levelling to 90 is great.
    Dailies are shit, but I have always hated dailies, this expansion has had me do the most dailies I have ever done in my life!
    5 mans are too easy, but challenge modes are great, with the proper players, I've tried some with slow learners, was not fun.
    Raids are great fun.
    PVP is ok, healers are pretty strong. I go through phases of doing pvp in wow, to me, it's never changed over the years, there will always be OP classes and I'm one who thinks every class should have a counter.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2012-10-29 at 03:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    I cant comment on PVP because i simply dont care about it, but im happy that people like Atrashasis are not able to have thier free epics like in Cata/wotlk . So im happy about it. Im happy that getting gear/obtaning purples takes effort.

Best expac since TBC, regardless of what people here think, is my take.
    Free epics is funny. FYI I raided hard modes through most of wotlk and cataclysm. I came back to do a bit of progression raiding for firelands before I quit because of work and school.

The puritan work ethic that this community has adopted is hilarious. Maybe you should put up a barn for a new weapon? herd some cattle for a new pair of shoulders? I'm not asking for free gear, I'm asking for flexibility in how I obtain the gear. I'm also asking for it to be less mind numbing. Dailies are honestly free gear IF you can commit to and hour or two every day as well as the mind numbing tedium of further questing after having quested your face off to lvl 90. Some of us can't do that. Frankly some of us don't want to do that. So we leave the game and list out reasons why and hope for a change. When it does change though I'll be back here laughing my ass off at you.
    The hammer comes down:

Well the most I can say about it is that it's not for everyone, never was never will be. We all have our opinions and I'm not one to try and turn opinion into fact :b.

@Madrox, well keep in mind I was still a bit young back then and I was a really slow player. Maybe it's just childhood nostalgia /gasp