Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Icarris View Post
    can't pug or do normals because no one will take me because I don'thave the gear. Because I don't want to do the dailies. The next tier of lfr has ia minimum of i470 to enter. So how do I advance?
    Buy epics. Make epics. Get epics from the current content. Get epics from LFR.

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 11:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Nothing it's what your missing that's the problem. Cataclysm PVE choices included running dungeons for raid quality gear. Doesn't happen by and large in this expansion. Alts are a pain in this expansion as well. Challenge modes don't give you gear. In fact alot of what you listed has NOTHING to do with progression.
    So because you cant get raid gear without raiding you are complaining that you dont have enough to do?

Deleted
    "World of Dailycraft"

Yeah would prefer 25 daily limit cap...

most people are almost done with all dailies now....the more you QQ the longer they take. myself i have like 6 days of shado-pan and 8 of august and im done with everything.

I don't understand what OP is complaining about. Mad that he can't get everything within the first month the game is out? Blizzard gives different play styles different "routes" to gear. Don't like the grind your ass off to epics route? Take the raid finder route and grind it out that way. There's half a dozen ways to get good, competitive gear without killing yourself with dailies if you don't want to... In the time it took you to write your complains down you could have done your GL or Klaxxi dailies, anyways.

I mean basically telling people not to do them is saying your not getting valor gear this expansion. Okay that's fine but let's be honest about it then.
    Nobody said otherwise. If you raid and/or LFR don't need valor gear. If you just do heroics you don't need valor gear. Just because something is available doesn't mean you should have it. If you want valor gear you put in the time to get it; just like if you want pvp gear you put in the time to get it; just like if you want raid gear you put in the time to get it. Pretty simple concept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz;18920964

So because you cant get [B
    raid gear[/B] without raiding you are complaining that you dont have enough to do?
    If you want to frame it that way that's your perogative. Really what it is is that I can't progress my guy if I don't do dailies or raid. I can't commit to a raiding schedule so it's SHA once a week and LFR once a week and then what? I guess I could pvp. Only thing more frustrating than dailies is pvp actually.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Duito View Post
    Tankadins are broke...and yeah, yeah I understand but you still had to do 'work' to get that rep did you not? And doing dungeons back then wasn't a piece of cake like it is now >.>
    Thus agree, at least binding rep gains to MoP dungeons in TBC style (say Siege of Niuzao - Shado-Pan rep, Gate of Setting Sun - Golden Lotus, etc.), with introduction of normal mode of Siege and Gate (so you could run them multiple times in TBC style of running Steamvaults, SLabs, etc.) could help situation quite a lot? People would still had to do 'work', but it would be bound to completing some objectives together with other people in instanced areas, instead of decaying in misery of grief by doing dailies?

Dungeons weren't piece of cake, but normal modes were easily farmable (except maybe Arcatraz - it was quite hard even on normal), and you could gain rep all way up to exalted.

Deleted
    congratulations op for staying sane and not trying to force yourself doing a virtual assembly line job
    the less participate in it the better the chance that we wont see such insanity again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    Nobody said otherwise. If you raid and/or LFR don't need valor gear. If you just do heroics you don't need valor gear. Just because something is available doesn't mean you should have it. If you want valor gear you put in the time to get it; just like if you want pvp gear you put in the time to get it; just like if you want raid gear you put in the time to get it. Pretty simple concept.
    You don't need it if you raid either. In fact nobody actually needs it. It's a pretty simple concept actually, it's called get better scrubs. Everyone wants the valor gear however because well every want's to progress their toons. But go ahead and tell me what i do and don't need. The only more patronizing thing than PaPa Blizzard is the community who defines my wants and needs.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

I personally don't mind any of the dailies. The Golden Lotus dailies are quite fun to me, for the most part. The Klaxxi dailies are amazing because of that OP Raining Blood ability. I actually like pretty much all the dailies we get. Then again, I don't do them every day. And I don't do the same factions every day (except for Golden Lotus until exalted). I mix it up to keep it fresh.

OP, you mentioned that you take too much damage while questing as retribution. You should be using sacred shield to mitigate the damage you take and you should be proactive about healing damage and using defensive cooldowns. Retribution does a ton of damage, that's a great questing spec. You should not be struggling at all while questing as retribution.

I'm the opposite of you, OP. I didn't give up. I'm already almost finished. My main is exalted with Golden Lotus, revered with Klaxxi and Shado-Pan, nearly revered with August Celestials. That's all you need, btw. Revered. I got exalted with Golden Lotus because you get a 489 neck piece at that reputation level, but the others will most likely stay at revered. I should mention that I am currently working on repeating the grind with my best alt, my resto druid, and that I'm doing the quests as balance. At first, I wasn't feeling it that much. But after a couple days, I figured out better ways of pushing out the damage I needed and now I'm even faster than I am on my warrior and I don't die at all anymore. Just try different things on your paladin as ret and you should have a more stable questing experience.

I mean basically telling people not to do them is saying your not getting valor gear this expansion. Okay that's fine but let's be honest about it then.
    That is exactly what people have been saying. You don't need valor gear. You don't need to do dailies.

Sure, it helps, but if you aren't actively raiding then you don't need the gear to begin with anyway - and if you are actively raiding, you can probably get the same or better from a couple weeks of content.

Not to mention that since you aren't doing dailies you could always put your time into making gold to buy epics or putting up your professions to make epics - but I'm guessing that neither of those is fun for you either, since all you apparently find interesting is running heroics repeatedly for free purples.

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    congratulations op for staying sane and not trying to force yourself doing a virtual assembly line job
    the less participate in it the better the chance that we wont see such insanity again.
    I must be the odd man out. I really like these dailies and I'm glad Blizzard made them. They are incredibly fun and well designed quests in beautiful quest hubs and there's very little repetition. I love that you can get valor from them, I vastly prefer doing daily quests to running the same 5 mans over and over.

10+ Year Old Account
    HONESTLY, the only reason I play WoW is to raid or sometimes do challenge modes. Sometimes I make gold from daily crafting, and Im done with all dailies *hooray*
    And Im happy about it. I dont see how they could make wow fun outside of raiding/Challenge modes if thats the reason I Play the game!

But the raiding part is amazing.

LFR is the weekly lottery *meh*! but I dont mind it since it does not have OP trinkets or situationally OP weapons anymore.
    3 manning all Challenge Modes on GOLD! - Youtube.com/MyCelar

If you want to frame it that way that's your perogative. Really what it is is that I can't progress my guy if I don't do dailies or raid. I can't commit to a raiding schedule so it's SHA once a week and LFR once a week and then what? I guess I could pvp. Only thing more frustrating than dailies is pvp actually.
    Once again, you are complaining you can't get raid quality gear when you don't actually have the time to raid to begin with - so I'm not sure what your problem is.

You can "progress your guy" in plenty of ways that aren't raiding or don't have anything to do with gear, it really doesn't seem like you need gear since you don't like PVP and don't have time to raid.

I would suggest doing achievements, pet battles, challenge modes or any other form of progression you find interesting.

Although, since you neither raid nor PVP nor enjoy daily quests - I'm not sure exactly what it is you do on wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    That is exactly what people have been saying. You don't need valor gear. You don't need to do dailies.

Sure, it helps, but if you aren't actively raiding then you don't need the gear to begin with anyway - and if you are actively raiding, you can probably get the same or better from a couple weeks of content.

Not to mention that since you aren't doing dailies you could always put your time into making gold to buy epics or putting up your professions to make epics - but I'm guessing that neither of those is fun for you either, since all you apparently find interesting is running heroics repeatedly for free purples.
    No no no no no. Theirs a difference between saying you don't need it and your not getting it. Telling them your not getting it is basically denying them something they've had since IOQD. Telling them they don't need it is that it's their problem and they can ignore it. Theirs a huge difference. You guys are right that they don't need it really but your not being honest when you say your not getting it to fucking bad valor gear may as well be removed from the game.

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 12:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    Once again, you are complaining you can't get raid quality gear when you don't actually have the time to raid to begin with - so I'm not sure what your problem is.

You can "progress your guy" in plenty of ways that aren't raiding or don't have anything to do with gear, it really doesn't seem like you need gear since you don't like PVP and don't have time to raid.

I would suggest doing achievements, pet battles, challenge modes or any other form of progression you find interesting.

Although, since you neither raid nor PVP nor enjoy daily quests - I'm not sure exactly what it is you do on wow.
    Well nothing now. Before I would ya know have dungeons to run for reps and rewards. But since all of that is put behind dailies it wasn't worth the 15 bucks a month. I mean nobody needs gear and this talking point you guys have created is a pretty big joke. Everybody wants gear and what you should be telling people if you want to be honest with them is that they're not going to get it. At all. Valor gear is denied to them unless they do dailies. Dailies they don't like to do. So they feel forced to do it and with good reason.
    The hammer comes down:

Some people just don't have the time to fuck around playing a game for 4 weeks before they get to play the game.

Dailies are fine; but only in moderation. Not a chore to be repetively done every day.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure that's exactly what I want. Thank you. From what it sounds like you actually don't have a real job and are making shit up but okay let's say you do. You really want more of that in WoW? In the previous games the system was flexible, so much so that if I could only play on saturday I could progress my face off on saturday and not have to worry about it. What does it matter if I play 8 hours on saturday and progress as much as the guy who plays 2 hours every day for 4 days? The total time is the same. In many respects I'm not asking for easy gear but even if I was who cares? What do my purples matter to you? You can still raid or dailiy your face off. Nobody is as far as I'm aware asking for them to be removed. Your SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT, is all yours and nobody can or will take it from you.[COLOR="red"]
    Now you are calling me a liar? Because I am able to balance, a job, family and a game? Are you fucking serious?! One lad I work with he is in a guild which pushes for realm firsts and has achieved many. Thousands of players mange work, family and wow. Yet, you call me a liar.

I understand your point with regards to only playing 8 hours on a saturday, = 2 hours 4 times a week... etc etc. But Blizz decided that instead of being able to pop a tabard, and get from Neutral to Exalted in a day, they implemented Daily Quests, which was a result of people complaining there wasn't stuff to do, which was true. Now there is plenty to do, you can do heroics for gear or dailies for rep, which also leads to gear. Essentially with tabards, you are double dipping. And I guess they didn't want that.

As for the easy gear comment, well, I care, as I am sure other people do. Why should you reap the same rewards as myself, when I sit and do the dailies... each and every day, run heroics, do sha of anger, put up with LRF idiots for a couple of hours. Yet you just want to either A) get it with no effort and rewarded with it for getting to 90, or B) having a tabard which grats rep on kill in heroics.

I don't have a sense of entitlement, I am not entitled to anything. I do dailies to EARN access to gear, to EARN a tabard, to EARN a mount.

End of the day, you don't like it, and you "apparently" you don't play the game. So good for you. We all get that, and from the crap you spout, I think we are all sick of hearing about how much you hate WoW right now.

It takes less than a month of dailies to get what you need from valor. After that you can never do them again.

No no no no no. Theirs a difference between saying you don't need it and your not getting it. Telling them your not getting it is basically denying them something they've had since IOQD. Telling them they don't need it is that it's their problem and they can ignore it. Theirs a huge difference. You guys are right that they don't need it really but your not being honest when you say your not getting it to fucking bad valor gear may as well be removed from the game.
    ... You can get it. You are choosing not to because you don't like daily quests. That's a perfectly acceptable choice, especially considering the time frame on when you can play, but let's not forget it is a choice.

Honestly you just seem kind of mad that you have to do things other than dungeons in order to progress. I understand that in the past this seemed like the best possible way to play the game to you but since different people like different things it's been changed so you have to balance more than just running 45 minute instances until you fall asleep every night.

That being said, once again, feel free to run heroics into the ground. They do drop epic weapons that you can farm for.

Hey OP I understand you, no way on earth I'm doing all those daily quests. Right now I'm only doing Tillers because I want to complete the farm, but with my own pace and skipping those quests I find boring.
    No one is pressing me (and you) to do them but I mist admit I fear I might be missing on something. In the end I just want reputation tabards back, they allowed me to play dungeons and get "free" reputation in the process, win-win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.