Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    You'll get a lot of the "M8 YOU DONET HAF TO DO DEM" bullshit as usual on here.

I totally agree with what you are saying, personally I would of loved a giant quest storyline for each faction while leveling that gets you at least to Revered with each faction. I don't mind having to work for reputations, but being limited to the same dailies everyday is just not fun at all.
    yes i agree, very good idea, it would make the lvling more enjoyable to 88-90 is just a whole heap of friken dailies

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    Once again, you are complaining you can't get raid quality gear when you don't actually have the time to raid to begin with - so I'm not sure what your problem is.

You can "progress your guy" in plenty of ways that aren't raiding or don't have anything to do with gear, it really doesn't seem like you need gear since you don't like PVP and don't have time to raid.

I would suggest doing achievements, pet battles, challenge modes or any other form of progression you find interesting.

Although, since you neither raid nor PVP nor enjoy daily quests - I'm not sure exactly what it is you do on wow.

I love this. That guy is really confusing to me. Why would you even want gear if you weren't planning on using it?

10+ Year Old Account
    ... You can get it. You are choosing not to because you don't like daily quests. That's a perfectly acceptable choice, especially considering the time frame on when you can play, but let's not forget it is a choice.

Honestly you just seem kind of mad that you have to do things other than dungeons in order to progress. I understand that in the past this seemed like the best possible way to play the game to you but since different people like different things it's been changed so you have to balance more than just running 45 minute instances until you fall asleep every night.

That being said, once again, feel free to run heroics into the ground. They do drop epic weapons that you can farm for.
    No no no no sorry. For those people who don't like dailies it's not much of a choice. They either do something they despise for the gear or don't get the gear. Telling them not to do it is saying YOU ARE NOT GETTING VALOR GEAR THIS EXPANSION. Not that they don't need it, need is irrelevant. That's not a perfectly acceptable choice because in reality it's a non choice.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by mywifeinventedLFR View Post
    yes i agree, very good idea, it would make the lvling more enjoyable to 88-90 is just a whole heap of friken dailies
    Now, I might be misunderstanding you. That's possible. But, if I'm not, it looks to me that you are saying that levels 88 to 90 are just daily quests? What? I didn't do a single daily quest on any character before level 90 (during this expansion of course).

10+ Year Old Account
    I've decided that instead of just giving up on them, I'll do them maybe a few times a week instead of daily, means I'm not forcing myself too do them, and I can take a more relaxed approach too them. But when I do get round too them, I'll do it with some guildies, the more the merrier, and the faster it goes.

Fantastic Signature made by Maybenotquiteasheavy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalfrezi View Post
    Now you are calling me a liar? Because I am able to balance, a job, family and a game? Are you fucking serious?! One lad I work with he is in a guild which pushes for realm firsts and has achieved many. Thousands of players mange work, family and wow. Yet, you call me a liar.

I understand your point with regards to only playing 8 hours on a saturday, = 2 hours 4 times a week... etc etc. But Blizz decided that instead of being able to pop a tabard, and get from Neutral to Exalted in a day, they implemented Daily Quests, which was a result of people complaining there wasn't stuff to do, which was true. Now there is plenty to do, you can do heroics for gear or dailies for rep, which also leads to gear. Essentially with tabards, you are double dipping. And I guess they didn't want that.

As for the easy gear comment, well, I care, as I am sure other people do. Why should you reap the same rewards as myself, when I sit and do the dailies... each and every day, run heroics, do sha of anger, put up with LRF idiots for a couple of hours. Yet you just want to either A) get it with no effort and rewarded with it for getting to 90, or B) having a tabard which grats rep on kill in heroics.

I don't have a sense of entitlement, I am not entitled to anything. I do dailies to EARN access to gear, to EARN a tabard, to EARN a mount.

End of the day, you don't like it, and you "apparently" you don't play the game. So good for you. We all get that, and from the crap you spout, I think we are all sick of hearing about how much you hate WoW right now.
    It's true and this incarnation of wow managed to make their job managing family and wow all that much harder. You have a sense of entitlement in the sense that I shouldn't have purples unless I meet your puritan standard of "work" in a video game. Giving me purple gear at a relatively easy pace does nothing to hurt your game. You can still grind dailies all you like and nobody would care.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Sorry, but this gets thrown out a lot. Strangely enough I haven't actually seen anyone ask for that.

What do you want then?

Rep Tabards - People complain
    No rep Tabards - People complain

Not enough dailies - People complain
    Lots of dailies to CHOOSE from - People complain

Easy epics - People complain
    Not so easy epics - People complain

Blizz can't win. There is always gonna be someone twisting about something. Be a man, suck it up. If you don't like it, don't sub and don't play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah who cares, dailies are a lame excuse of "content". I'd rather be thrown around by the hulk than do them dailies everyday, bad design Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalfrezi View Post
    What do you want then?

Rep Tabards - People complain
    No rep Tabards - People complain

Not enough dailies - People complain
    Lots of dailies to CHOOSE from - People complain

Easy epics - People complain
    Not so easy epics - People complain

Blizz can't win. There is always gonna be someone twisting about something. Be a man, suck it up. If you don't like it, don't sub and don't play.
    Who complained on the forum that their weren't enough dailies? Seriously? Who the fuck? People complained they didn't have enough to do but that was because Blizzard didn't release enough stuff in a decent time frame. I recall virtually nobody complaining about lack of dailies.
    The hammer comes down:

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    It's true and this incarnation of wow managed to make their job managing family and wow all that much harder. You have a sense of entitlement in the sense that I shouldn't have purples unless I meet your puritan standard of "work" in a video game. Giving me purple gear at a relatively easy pace does nothing to hurt your game. You can still grind dailies all you like and nobody would care.
    Don't bring up entitlement. You suffer from entitlement more than anyone else in this thread.

No no no no sorry. For those people who don't like dailies it's not much of a choice. They either do something they despise for the gear or don't get the gear. Telling them not to do it is saying YOU ARE NOT GETTING VALOR GEAR THIS EXPANSION. Not that they don't need it, need is irrelevant. That's not a perfectly acceptable choice because in reality it's a non choice.
    ... let me make this as clear as possible for you.

If i wanted the best gear set I could possibly get, I would be doing arena every week for conquest epics to fill the places where my PVE set and valor epics dont.

I, however, don't enjoy doing arena as a prot paladin or as a ret paladin - which are my two specs.

So I choose not to get that gear and focus on my PVE epics and valor epics instead. This is a choice i am making.

Similarly, you can choose not to do dailies to get the valor gear - you can even get some of the valor gear without ever touching dailies - just do the normal quests in the zone.

Will you have less than the optimal gear set? Yes. But realistically you aren't buying BoE epics, you aren't playing BMAH and you aren't in a world first guild - so you would never have the optimal gear set anyway.

You choose how you get gear and how you progress. Whether that means raiding, LFR, dailies, PVP, buying epics, making epics, farming epics or getting epics from heroic drops.

You can choose to do all of these things. You can choose to do none of them.

Will your choice affect the speed you get epics? Yes. But it won't stop you from progressing. That is why it is choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... let me make this as clear as possible for you.

If i wanted the best gear set I could possibly get, I would be doing arena every week for conquest epics to fill the places where my PVE set and valor epics dont.

I, however, don't enjoy doing arena as a prot paladin or as a ret paladin - which are my two specs.

So I choose not to get that gear and focus on my PVE epics and valor epics instead. This is a choice i am making.

Similarly, you can choose not to do dailies to get the valor gear - you can even get some of the valor gear without ever touching dailies - just do the normal quests in the zone.

Will you have less than the optimal gear set? Yes. But realistically you aren't buying BoE epics, you aren't playing BMAH and you aren't in a world first guild - so you would never have the optimal gear set anyway.

You choose how you get gear and how you progress. Whether that means raiding, LFR, dailies, PVP, buying epics, making epics or farming epics.

You can choose to do all of these things. You can choose to do none of them.

Will your choice affect the speed you get epics? Yes. But it won't stop you from progressing. That is why it is choice.
    Well I chose not to do dailies and realized I had no where left to go in the game and so I quit. It does indeed stop you from progressing because at some point you run out of things to do if your not doing dailies. In fact you hit that point alot faster without doing dailies. It's in reality a non choice. I know you don't understand this but that's okay. When Blizzard brings flying mounts for alts or seperates raid locks and then it pisses some of you off you can come and tell me why it's all a choice again.

You've made it extremely clear but I disagree that it's a choice. Or a worthy choice. I can always choose to tell the gunman no and be a hero. It's not a particularly good choice though. Subbing to the game is a choice as well and a very real well. Certainly a better one than dailies or no dailies.
    The hammer comes down:

btw it sucks that you're forced to do dailys if u want valor points items, but meh I do pvp and just do the framville dailys, I pve too but well you can wait you wont need valor points items later
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Quote Originally Posted by Icarris View Post
    can't pug or do normals because no one will take me because I don'thave the gear. Because I don't want to do the dailies. The next tier of lfr has ia minimum of i470 to enter. So how do I advance?
    You answered the question man.

Do the dailies to get the gear ~> To get to the next tier of LFR ~> To get pugs to take you on normals.

Not that big of a deal dude. It's a very basic step by step concept. Refer to the flowchart above if you get lost. Otherwise, take into consideration that the normals were tuned for ilvl 463. You can get a full set of heroic gear and join a guild or make your own pug if you don't want to do that. Most people that are in guilds that want to push for progression feel the need to bring members that are willing to take the steps to progress themselves inside and outside the raids, so basically they look for people who like to or don't mind doing dailies, because they can get a high enough ilvl to do LFR, which makes them do more dmg/easier to heal as tank/easier to heal the group in the normal raids.

As someone in a guild that prides himself in surrounding himself with only like-minded people, I wouldn't invite anyone into my raid that wouldn't do dailies. If I can't depend on you to help yourself progress and get better at the job you're doing (not just skill, but getting the gear to go hand-in-hand with that) then why would I depend on you to help ME progress and get better at the job I'm doing. Which is the whole point of the raid group. The team play. The group experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminousAether View Post
    Don't bring up entitlement. You suffer from entitlement more than anyone else in this thread.
    No not really. I left the game and gave them my 2 cents. When they make it better I'll be back to get tonnes of gear and be happy. Will that affect any of you? Probably not. I guess I must be entitled to expect fun out of warcraft. Oh well.
    The hammer comes down:

10+ Year Old Account
    You make it sound like I enjoy doing dailies, and get a thrill out of it...I hate them... with a passion. But I saw what Blizz did, and I play the game. I don't enjoy that part of the game, but in a group is easy, and takes a fraction of the time. It's not my sense of entitlement, it's Blizz'. They are the ones that have dictated that doing dailies allows access to vedor epics/recipies and so on. Great, when the last patch of MoP comes out, and there are rep tokens or similar, yes I can bask in the glory that "I did them when it was relevant" But will I care... no. I just did them because they are currently part of the game, which as a whole I enjoy playing.

If you aren't a prot warrior / prot paladin / blood DK, your best route for getting PVE gear is arena anyway. You'll get the gear MUCH faster, you can get capped for the week with 8 arena wins, and the cap itself is much higher than it is for valor points. The gear isn't QUITE as good, but it's still more than enough for raiding.

Well I chose not to do dailies and realized I had no where left to go in the game and so I quit.
    Let me just recap for you:

-You don't have time to raid.
    -You won't do dailies.
    -You don't like PVP.
    -You don't like challenge modes.
    -You don't like questing.
    -You ran out of stuff to do.

I fully support your decision to unsub and I would highly recommend it to all others like you.

I know that feel, OP. I made the mistake of trying to get two characters raid ready and grind through those stupid fucking dailies on them to make sure I didn't fall behind on my raids. One day I got Unleashed Spirits and Give a Second Chance at the same time. Fifteen minutes later, barely accomplished either of them and surrounded by two dozen other people fighting for taps, I quit the game.

And I don't mean opening the game menu and clicking "Quit Game". I logged out, cancelled my sub and have told my raids to find replacements for me while the sub time is still around. After that expires I'm gone until they change it. Reading about Operation Shieldwall and more Wrathion rep grinding just fills me with dread.

I hate this game now.

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree with the OP, too many same ole' dailies...very boring and repetitive, I play a few times a week just to do the cooking dailies, run a few roix with some casual guildies or make some gold, as far as the rep dailies, no go for me, hate them, cant stand them and its a game that is suppose to be fun, not like a boring job. maybe, just maybe Blizz will fix this, I sure hope so ....