10+ Year Old Account

what if

raditz raised gohan

---------- Post added 2012-10-28 at 07:12 PM ----------

original concept art for goku

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

original concept art for goku
    Because supposedly the story was to be based on "Journey to the West", but I don't see it. Goku was "born of the earth" and resembled a monkey. Saiyuki is a much better translation of the story into anime form (and is an awesome show)

10+ Year Old Account
    dragon ball is supposed to be closer, rather then dbz

I am so glad goku didnt look like that if it really is original concept art.. lol

Well, considering that Saiyans are "monkey" people, that could be how he'd look like to someone who has never seen goku before.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    -Pic-
    That is amazing. where did you find it?

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2012-10-29 at 07:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lymph View Post
    but doesn't the first tribeam make a square hole? so 1 triangle = square? or are we assuming he shoots two triangles at once lol, or am I just wrong
    IDk I think the triangle may spiral as its shot down instead of traveling in a straight line, or maybe its a close concussion of triangles ... or as it spirals the faded triangles act like an echo... dont really know the mechanics behind it, its never explained.

if it spiraled it would make a circle would it not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it flips. The two corners that come from in between his his thumbs and index fingers stay still, and the corner coming from where his two index fingers meet is moving faster, so it's orbiting the lower corners.

Not sure if I explained that right. Kind of hard to describe.

I'm wondering Laurcus (and anyone else that reads this I guess, but Laurcus in particular), what do you think about the power level interpretations so far in Bringer of Death? They sort of throw the whole thing out of whack, and yet at the same time seem to have an air of consistency that rivals or even bests the standard exponentially increasing interpretations.

Quote Originally Posted by Darnash View Post
    I'm wondering Laurcus (and anyone else that reads this I guess, but Laurcus in particular), what do you think about the power level interpretations so far in Bringer of Death? They sort of throw the whole thing out of whack, and yet at the same time seem to have an air of consistency that rivals or even bests the standard exponentially increasing interpretations.
    What's Bringer of Death and what does it say about power levels?

Quote Originally Posted by Lymph View Post
    if it spiraled it would make a circle would it not?
    No it would look like this

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    What's Bringer of Death and what does it say about power levels?

Bringer of Death is a fanfiction with Vegeta as a main character. It views Supersaiyan as a static reserve of energy (roughly 140m or somewhere around there), but as of yet they are only in the Android saga and have not yet gotten to SSJ2 or FPSS. I recommend reading it for a more lengthy description (you and everyone else here would probably enjoy it, the story quality is roughly equal to DBM).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    After reading through some of this thread again, I really, really wanna watch DBZ again.

Though, almost 300 episodes, would it be worth watching Kai instead?

And it's been a while, who is Pusheen? (or is that from something non-Dragon Ball?)
    I happen to like Kai I great deal more than the original. If you're watching it in English you can tell how far the voice actors have come after the 13+ years since they first worked on the show. Even though Christopher R Sabat does 4 or 5 of the voices in the show, he's really been able to own each voice this time around. In my opinion, his work was pretty mediocre back then, but does a fantastic job making each character feel distinct in Kai. In terms of the animation, Kai cuts out so much unnecessary crap that it saddens me they stopped after the Cell games. I recently bought Dragon Box 5-7 because as a kid I never got to see the Buu saga, but the differences between the two different versions of the show are huge. I feel like the original show just draaaags now. In Kai the animation looks great, the voice acting is more refined, and a ton of filler is tossed in the trash. What Laurcus said about them trimming fight scenes is true though, and it's the one thing I don't like about Kai.
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2012-10-30 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darnash View Post
    Bringer of Death is a fanfiction with Vegeta as a main character. It views Supersaiyan as a static reserve of energy (roughly 140m or somewhere around there), but as of yet they are only in the Android saga and have not yet gotten to SSJ2 or FPSS. I recommend reading it for a more lengthy description (you and everyone else here would probably enjoy it, the story quality is roughly equal to DBM).
    I would say that's incorrect. Super Saiyan has been confirmed as a multiplier in the Super Exciting Guide. x50, x100 And x400 respectively for Super Saiyan 1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I would say that's incorrect. Super Saiyan has been confirmed as a multiplier in the Super Exciting Guide. x50, x100 And x400 respectively for Super Saiyan 1-3.
    Well, obviously I agree that it's incorrect because, as you say, official guides say otherwise. My question was more referring to how you felt this interpretation affected the storyline, which was kind of a pointless question if you haven't read the story. I'm personally intrigued by how it's affected the story so far (the author has included powerlevels based on this interpretation for every battle, including a rather awesome battle with Trunks, Vegeta, and Goku taking on fourth transformation King Cold), and it seems like this consistency and accuracy with regards to matching up specific battles is making the match-ups in the story much more believable than most fan-fics I've read (again, not comparing this to cannon, just with other fan-created works like DBM).
    Last edited by Darnash; 2012-10-30 at 06:02 AM.

Dragonball Z > All

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 02:56 AM ----------

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 03:01 AM ----------

I am at a lost for words with that Disney Ball Z thing...