Quote Originally Posted by driven View Post
    come on, cheer up buddy,
    whit gear like that, he got to get trolled, and do you really think ppl doing 6/6 don't care about dps? ranks?
    In the future think before you talk. If you had any resemblance of intelligence you would have gone to my guilds world of logs page and seen that all our heroic logs are private. Private logs can't rank.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    Torch, how much of a DPS increase was Heroic Starshatter for you?
    Not sure yet, only raid boss I got to use it on was will and that fight isn't really an accurate gauge due to how high melee numbers are inflated with the 50% buff.
    Last edited by Torchbringer; 2012-10-30 at 03:44 AM.

Deleted
    are you gona update the MoV section to hearth of fear raid ?

Don't mind me, just pouring my gear butthurt dose into the thread. For me it's normal orders. There are no words to describe how lessons suck compared to orders.

Blah, I'm now healing 4/6 fights in MSV :/
    Still our top dps on Spirit Kings and Elegon though
    Divine, Unmarred and Electrified
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Demaio/simple
    Retired(ish)

Quote Originally Posted by driven View Post
    are you gona update the MoV section to hearth of fear raid ?
    No

Because it is entirely dependent on what you have from MSV heroic. All vp /conquest should be shit by comparison. if your talking about heroic fear why should i bother? that is the general BIS list i have already posted then.

Common sense suggests getting tier shoulders until hit overcapping is a serious issue which shouldn't happen until you have most heroic/Heroic elite items you would be better off passing to another dps in trade for priority on better items like Impaling treds and overwhelming assault belt, Darkmist Vortex Heroic. I can't make a list for every possible scenario but that is the general idea I'm following gearwise.

Something highly recommended is if you already have aquired a Heroic kings guard chestplate. Keep that until you are almost 100% bis then swap immediately to 509 chest when hit overcapping has become a huge issue. This should only be a common occurance with draenei but even that is manageable.

You can take advatage of this situation with plate melee by lettting them be aware you want misshapen shuolders but are willing to part with them for loot priority on something else. When in reality they are a terrible choice until you have almost completed gearing.

Missshapen from Malevolent pvp is a huge upgrade tho. But be aware this can backfire when trying to get tier shoulders even if you have tier priority because of ret's absurd bonus's. That and conqu is usually the highest demand token because the classes on it are just fucking boss.

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 04:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Megraam View Post
    Don't mind me, just pouring my gear butthurt dose into the thread. For me it's normal orders. There are no words to describe how lessons suck compared to orders.
    yeah, I'm usually one of the luckier rets worldwide. I was with DS/ I kinda am with this tier just heroics are staggered because of a short 16 hour raid week.

Elegon H will go down tonight, kings went down last night finally chest drop Cheers! Finger's on a heroic starshatter! hasn't actually dropping one from his item table yet only charms so he is about due. Looks like an extremely common drop from anyone killing him.

also yeah orders / xuen is pretty euphoric. seeing both proc on cd with each other is something made of dreams. We havn't had trinkets this amazing since the days of the Jar.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-10-30 at 04:12 PM.

I love orders (LFR, lol) and xuen for elegon, especially at the start. I think I mentioned an ES doing over 1 million damage all on its own earlier in the thread, that's where it's from.
    Divine, Unmarred and Electrified
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Demaio/simple
    Retired(ish)

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Something highly recommended is if you already have aquired a Heroic kings guard chestplate. Keep that until you are almost 100% bis then swap immediately to 509 chest when hit overcapping has become a huge issue. This should only be a common occurance with draenei but even that is manageable.
    Why does the heroic kings chest contribute to hit overcapping? It doesn't have hit on it.

Or do you mean to use chest as the 4 set off piece until we need to make it shoulders?
    Last edited by Torchbringer; 2012-10-30 at 05:59 PM.

Could use a meta gem listing in the OP, can't see that hurting (unless I completely overlooked it). Time to start coming up with clever things for Heart of Fear tonight to cheese mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Phobed90 View Post
    Just got rank 2 ret dps at Spirit kings 25M HC with 485 ilvl. Wish I had the kind of gear some people do.

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-wwp2d0r392l6m7gm/sum/damageDone/?s=4977&e=5583#Rikh
    Link is blocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Torchbringer View Post
    Why does the heroic kings chest contribute to hit overcapping? It doesn't have hit on it.

Or do you mean to use chest as the 4 set off piece until we need to make it shoulders?
    yes

Keep kings guard until u and get different tier until almost full BIS. Skip heroic elite neck imo for final item.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    Link is blocked.
    Yeah they decided to put our logs private for some dumb reason. Got another log from the same fight~

worldoflogs.com/reports/3573623cmp1a5uk4/sum/damageDone/?s=5926&e=6532#Rikh

Deleted
    Nice guide i think. but i'm not capable of doing Heroic's i never will i think. to much school stuff

Phobed90..did you run Ret for your challenge mode gold runs? I'm assuming yes or I guess you quite possibly could have ran tank instead. I love the armor just wish I could get guildies to run it so I could get it someday.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDew View Post
    Phobed90..did you run Ret for your challenge mode gold runs? I'm assuming yes or I guess you quite possibly could have ran tank instead. I love the armor just wish I could get guildies to run it so I could get it someday.
    I did run as ret indeed, I find ret's pretty useful in challenge modes with double sac/hop, loh, devo and offhealing, can also do pretty sick aoe with right specs.

Btw Anaxie , isn't the Klaxxi Exalted 463 Sword BiS pre-raid ?

( Yes , I have had no luck with regular or lfr elegon, or MSP ).

Deleted
    We just got our first Elegon heroic kill and I topped both our guild meter + #1 ret dps by almost a 15k margin to #2 on WoL. Had 489ilvl with normal Starshatter on kill. Managed to pick up HC Starshatter so gonna see some nice improvement in dps!

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-u7ecmkhxiln6hif9/sum/damageDone/?s=15618&e=16143#Rikh - Elegon kill

Deleted
    Can't decide if I should get Klaxxi legs or Klaxxi belt. Both of my current leg/waist slots are ilvl 463, so both are of course an upgrade, but ilvl 496 legs drops from Sha. The only thing keeping me from buying the waist right now is that is that I'm worried that the Conquest waist is better. Does anyone know if this is true? Also I'm getting the tier1 weapon from conquest points next week, is that better than the LFR sword?

Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    Can't decide if I should get Klaxxi legs or Klaxxi belt. Both of my current leg/waist slots are ilvl 463, so both are of course an upgrade, but ilvl 496 legs drops from Sha. The only thing keeping me from buying the waist right now is that is that I'm worried that the Conquest waist is better. Does anyone know if this is true? Also I'm getting the tier1 weapon from conquest points next week, is that better than the LFR sword?
    The 483 pvp waist gets you slightly more str and has haste on it so it is a little better than the klaxxi one. LFR sword is better, more weapon damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phobed90 View Post
    We just got our first Elegon heroic kill and I topped both our guild meter + #1 ret dps by almost a 15k margin to #2 on WoL. Had 489ilvl with normal Starshatter on kill. Managed to pick up HC Starshatter so gonna see some nice improvement in dps!

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-u7ecmkhxiln6hif9/sum/damageDone/?s=15618&e=16143#Rikh - Elegon kill
    It's all based on what guild uses what strategy, You got a ton of cleave damage I can only assume you cleave the adds down including the protector and then the tank taunts it out with some rogues or something else to blow it up and share the damage. It's a good method some guilds use a specific set of DPS on the protectors so they will never see those numbers.

I would definitely like to do it your guilds way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    It's all based on what guild uses what strategy, You got a ton of cleave damage I can only assume you cleave the adds down including the protector and then the tank taunts it out with some rogues or something else to blow it up and share the damage. It's a good method some guilds use a specific set of DPS on the protectors so they will never see those numbers.

I would definitely like to do it your guilds way.
    Any guilds that DOESN'T cleave the protectors untill they're 40%~ are stupid, I see no reason whatsoever to not do it since you'll gain on it in every way.