Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    Moving while casting =/= Moving while spamming instant casts.
    Well as we all know you can still move and cast,but casting time is increased,for me this is a pretty annoying passive effect.If you accidentally use SB/Soulfire while moving you are wasting a lot of time and you cannot interrupt that cast...

Deleted
    I can't see why anybody would need to take KJ as demonology. We are easily the most mobile of the three specs.

Combining the use of demonic leap and portal with the fact that you are pretty much completely free to run around and dps in metamorphosis means that there really shouldn't be a situation where you would need to be stuck with having to cast a ridiculously long shadowbolt while you are moving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whabam View Post
    I can't see why anybody would need to take KJ as demonology. We are easily the most mobile of the three specs.

Combining the use of demonic leap and portal with the fact that you are pretty much completely free to run around and dps in metamorphosis means that there really shouldn't be a situation where you would need to be stuck with having to cast a ridiculously long shadowbolt while you are moving.
    Decimation time. But yeah, no need to pick it up just for that; our mobility is absurd.

thanks for this guide m8, helped a great deal! keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    ya until they fix the wand issue i dont see myself going demo unless i need to for certain boss mechanics(H feng shield phase)
    What's the wand issue other than getting the 1% expertise racial on my orc while using a wand . I haven't actually equipped a wand yet, but now I'm nervous to do so after these comments.

Quote Originally Posted by robster1225 View Post
    What's the wand issue other than getting the 1% expertise racial on my orc while using a wand . I haven't actually equipped a wand yet, but now I'm nervous to do so after these comments.
    when ur in meta, ur wand casts and uses a gcd whenever ur using spells. this has been a problem for a good amount of time now. idk how they havent fixed it yet... its whats keeping me from giving demo any real game time
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    when ur in meta, ur wand casts and uses a gcd whenever ur using spells. this has been a problem for a good amount of time now. idk how they havent fixed it yet... its whats keeping me from giving demo any real game time
    So, no matter what you lose the "melee" ability while in meta if you have a wand,

if you use the following macro in place of your shadow bolt ability you will not have issues with the GCD triggering:
    #showtooltip Shadow Bolt
    /cast Shadow Bolt
    /stopattack

For most weapon choices losing out on the "melee" dps is worth the increase gained from the wand upgrade. Just remember to remove the last line of the macro once you have a better non-wand optoin!
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I saw a thread on this, made me decide to share some theorycrafting \ simcraft work I've been doing recently. Now that we've started hitting the dps checks of this tier I decided to take a deeper look into Demo's opening rotation. In order to get concrete results I added a opening sequence right below potion \ trinket use lines.

Code:
    actions+=/sequence,name=two:hand_of_guldan:imp_swarm:service_pet:dark_soul:summon_doomguard:hand_of_guldan:corruption:metamorphosis:doom

Out of every opening I tried I got the most dps out of this, which to make it easier to read is:

Hand of Gul'dan
    Imp Swarm
    Service Pet
    Dark Soul
    Summon Doomguard
    Hand of Gul'dan
    Corruption
    Metamorphosis
    Doom

After this the normal priority takes over. If I wasn't going to cast doomguard on pull (no heroism) I put corruption in its place and go into meta after the 2nd Hand. Interestingly enough doing DoTs at the end was one of the bigger changes that I made.

Now, by no means did I try every combination that I possibly could have, so there might be ways to improve it still, but this gave me the biggest increase from what I tried. Using this over the default list gave me a 20k higher peak then not using it in my current gear (221k to 242k)

10+ Year Old Account
    So service pet stats change dynamically? I always thought I had to use for example Dark Soul before Service xD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    So service pet stats change dynamically? I always thought I had to use for example Dark Soul before Service xD.
    All of our pets update dynamically. Service seems to update fairly quickly in trials.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah good to know, I was always wondering about that, thanks for the reply!

Deleted
    I was also thinking lots about openings while we were trying to get Gara'jal down on HC this reset - weighing up holding off CDs for enough fury to get through all of meta with Dark Soul up.

With a BL 3-4 seconds after the pull I got corruption/doom/shadowflame dots up and made sure to cast imps after BL was popped. I cast a few shadowbolts/soulfires and then went into meta using CDs with ~300-400 fury just before one or two of the procs from the pull was fading in order to refresh and completely buff Doom. Worked well as I managed to peak just under 350k dps on the pull. Absolutely love the crazy sustained burst demo locks can get on that fight with the spirit realm buff later in the fight too.

Just from your opening rotation Zinnin - I have gotten into the habit of going into meta before using CDs in order to get literally as much metamorphasis + dark soul uptime as possible. Not sure how much of a difference it would make switching that around.

/Whaboom

In meta, should always spam touch of chaos? Not any chaos wave? I've seen chaos wave in some logs.

10+ Year Old Account
    You shouldn't sit on 2 stacks of HoG for very long, so if you have like 15s left of DS \ Meta you should press chaos wave. However you shouldn't pop cds with 2 stacks of HoG sitting there to begin with.

Hey I have a problem with metamorphosis.

I was affliction, geared and reforged as mastery most not crit. Tried on a dummy max dps was 45k. Also I used grimoire sacrifice talent. Then I switch to demo, with improved minions talent, used imp minion and IMP swarm glyp, I hit to dummy 60k dps. I just surprised why demo was higher dps, although my gear was mostly affli gear.

Now this is my question, when I enter metamorphosis and started to spam touch of chaos it suddenly stops for about 1 sec and throws a green ball to the target. This strike happens once per 3 sec while spamming touch of chaos and preventing its stability. I used to use touch of chaos before and there wasnt any green ball while using it. Whats the reason of this? do u have any idea?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MSW View Post
    Hey I have a problem with metamorphosis.

I was affliction, geared and reforged as mastery most not crit. Tried on a dummy max dps was 45k. Also I used grimoire sacrifice talent. Then I switch to demo, with improved minions talent, used imp minion and IMP swarm glyp, I hit to dummy 60k dps. I just surprised why demo was higher dps, although my gear was mostly affli gear.

Now this is my question, when I enter metamorphosis and started to spam touch of chaos it suddenly stops for about 1 sec and throws a green ball to the target. This strike happens once per 3 sec while spamming touch of chaos and preventing its stability. I used to use touch of chaos before and there wasnt any green ball while using it. Whats the reason of this? do u have any idea?
    You're using a Wand? If you are, the 'Shoot' effect interferes with the Meta "melee" attacks; it's a bug that's been around since Beta and shows no sign of a quick resolution.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    Hand of Gul'dan
    Imp Swarm
    Service Pet
    Dark Soul
    Summon Doomguard
    Hand of Gul'dan
    Corruption
    Metamorphosis
    Doom
    Where is pre pull casting soul of fire to get extra dmg/extra imp spawn ?

Ah well i see now - "theorycrafting/simcraft" ... FFS just change name of this forum from WoW class discuss to Simcraft Class discuss ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kandalanu View Post
    Ah well i see now - "theorycrafting/simcraft" ... FFS just change name of this forum from WoW class discuss to Simcraft Class discuss ...
    As far as pre-casting soul fire or shadow bolt goes, I had actually added that to my list, but because your spawning that extra imp 5-6 seconds before cooldowns \ procs happen and are also cutting the duration the pre-pot has into other cooldowns it actually sims as ~10 dps loss. Now the difference there is so minimal that you can basically do whatever you want but if you feel like berating people over simcraft \ theorycrafting go ahead.

Keep in mind the 'Demonic Calling' buff doesn't go away because you used Imp swarm, it isn't like you need to use it up as fast as possible.

Also, what would you rather be discussed in a thread about a spec if not theorycrafting? There are plenty of other threads in this forum talking about everything else warlock, this one just happens to have number discussion.

This is my opener my toon name is annilhilare
    prepot
    precast shadowbolt
    Corruption
    HoG1
    shadowbolt
    Dark Soul
    HoG2
    Meta
    Doom
    Doomguard
    Service imp
    Wild Imps
    Touch of Chaos spam(in the last 5sec of dark soul i will switch out of meta cast a soulfire switch back in n spam touch of chaos, this gives you full on burst mode and i have almost hit 390k in this burst)
    When both HoG come off cd i switch out of meta reapply them, then i will go back in
    repeat.
    Last edited by nightrianna; 2012-10-30 at 04:47 PM.

Deleted
    just l2 use pot after casting SF/before actually pull ? Not to easy but doable

it isn't like you need to use it up as fast as possible.
    are you serious ? those kinds of words from persone that wasresearching for best opener ?

So one the one hand:
    "guys lets think how to increase our dmg/dps"

on the other:
    "Chill out, dont rush we dont want extra dmg"

Also, what would you rather be discussed in a thread about a spec if not theorycrafting?
    for me you can talk even about bananas, really dont care much about it. Just its about time to realize that theoretycrafting / simcraft has nothing compare with playing WoW.