Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I kind of like the idea OP.

Another suggestion would be that these naga are actually kaldorei who, during the War of the Ancients, managed to get to the Well of Eternity.
    When the area sunk, they didn't have time to flee. When the Old God gave Azshara the choice and she accepted, he didn't stay to make a difference between some elves and the others, so turned all into naga. Out of shame, the kaldorei resistance being turned into naga stood there and, thinking they were punished by Elune by getting this form, fought Azshara and her naga. This would explain why naga haven't surfaced so much until now for the last 10k years.

However, as time passed their numbers started to fall. Now they're only a few thousands left, not enough to fight Azshara and her minions. That said, they decided their only choice is to reconnect with their culture, the kaldorei, the night elves. At first, the night elves were distrustful, so they bring a gift, some artifact. This makes the night elves accept them, as they accepted the good erredar, the draenei, even though still suspicious.
    Kind of like "keep your friends closer and your enemies closer".
    The naga rebels also had a culture shock seeing how different the night elves became, so they're also somewhat distrustful of them since they are scared the night elves might try to impose their culture on them, something they disagree. Both still worship Elune, and the females are considered stronger, but here the similarities end. The naga still have a sort of monarchy with a Princess of sorts leading them, they use arcane and fel magic openly, they have shamans and don't really care as much about the living things unless it affects them.

Quote Originally Posted by Anassi View Post
    The second the Naga become a playable race for the Horde, my Shaman becomes one. I love them and their looks, awesome.

I'd really love to see this, though as a Horde player I'd like to see them on our side. The Alliance got the Worgen in Cata, now it's Horde time!
    But they'll become Alliance. You know why? Because Horde want ogres more. I say you get them. And we get naga. Fair trade.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Alliance would never accept them. Also, the nage do not trust the Horde, they would never join them. Naga will not become a playable race.
    Worgen are a vicious race of savage creatures coming from an unknown realm. They'll never become a playable race, they're too savage and stupid. - this was the belief before Cataclysm, was it not?

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 01:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Blizzard has stated that any race they add in must be bipedal. (two legs)
    Blizzard will never allow faction transfers on PvP realms as they stated. Blizzard will never given 10 people raids rewards equal to 25 people ones, they stated so. Blizzard will never etc. Just because they stated something ONCE doesn't mean it's not subjected to change.

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    I dunno how I feel about Naga being a playable race, but I like reading what you wrote here.

One problem though... Naga being alliance and not having their own mount. This could be 2 times the outrage as the worgen one ;p
    Snap dragons from WC3.

awesome, now work in a Stone Gaze or Constrict racial and I'm sold!

Deleted
    I don't see the Naga as a playable race. It would be weird to have all these snake-fish around Stormwind or Orgrimmar. I don't see how they would fit in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I don't see the Naga as a playable race. It would be weird to have all these snake-fish around Stormwind or Orgrimmar. I don't see how they would fit in.
    Because pandaren fit in perfectly in Stormwind, right? And blood elves in Orgrimmar.

playable naga is my wet dream
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Because pandaren fit in perfectly in Stormwind, right? And blood elves in Orgrimmar.
    Yeah, Pandaren make more sense than Naga, if only for the reason that Naga belong underwater. If they'd be more humanoid-like like the Jinyu or the Saurok, it wouldn't feel that much out of place.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love for playable naga to get some sort of worgen-esque transformation (a high or night elf form) for use out of combat. That would appeal to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I'd love for playable naga to get some sort of worgen-esque transformation (a high or night elf form) for use out of combat. That would appeal to me.
    I don't think that would make any sense, since the Naga mutated into what they are now over thousands of years. They don't have an Elven form they can shift in and out of.

I don't think that would make any sense, since the Naga mutated into what they are now over thousands of years. They don't have an Elven form they can shift in and out of.
    Agreed. Naga are naga, and I don't think they'd even want to take on another appearance if they could.

I don't think they'd be that out of place in Stormwind anymore, though. After night elves, draenei, worgen, and pandaren, (not to mention ethereal businessmen setting up shop), the human citizens are probably used to strange creatures in their midst. I wouldn't imagine them setting up a whole district, just sending a few emissaries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtree View Post
    Agreed. Naga are naga, and I don't think they'd even want to take on another appearance if they could.

I don't think they'd be that out of place in Stormwind anymore, though. After night elves, draenei, worgen, and pandaren, (not to mention ethereal businessmen setting up shop), the human citizens are probably used to strange creatures in their midst. I wouldn't imagine them setting up a whole district, just sending a few emissaries.
    But they're snake-fish thingies! They belong in the ocean!

The biggest problem would be how to handle mount animations and gear. The naga have no legs so that pretty much removes 2 gear slots. And do you just prevent those players from using nearly every mount in the game? How's a naga gonna mount a horse? Or a wyvern?
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    The biggest problem would be how to handle mount animations and gear. The naga have no legs so that pretty much removes 2 gear slots. And do you just prevent those players from using nearly every mount in the game? How's a naga gonna mount a horse? Or a wyvern?
    That's basically why I think a two-legged reptilian race like the Saurok would be better. Or the Jinyu add a cool flavor, too, why can't we have them as playable characters, they already joined the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    that would be interesting. Naga already seem to have the spell power to do this, in Twilight Highland's Alliance there is a Naga that lures sailors in with a Night Elven form then kills them in her Naga form.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    that would be interesting. Naga already seem to have the spell power to do this, in Twilight Highland's Alliance there is a Naga that lures sailors in with a Night Elven form then kills them in her Naga form.
    I didn't think about that, that would be a possibility, but it still feels a bit weird.

I didn't think about that, that would be a possibility, but it still feels a bit weird.
    it's very weird, Im opposed to playable naga entirely, but Zael's post reminded me that it does exist in a capacity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a viable premise for the Naga to join the alliance.

If the bipedal thing is a deal breaker, it would be easy to add some element of the naga rejecting Azshara/the Old Gods and maybe Elune returning blessings to them that causes them to partially revert to humanoid form, regaining their legs in the process. Then they're kind've monster-y lizard-fish-elves.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gear is honestly an easy fix.

The big question is mounting. For that I think Naga have to have the ability to shift into a Highborne form.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

They're amphibians who's heritage traces back to land-dwelling.

But more to the point, they're naga, they belong wherever they damn well please.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Like I said before, boots could become a tail-cuff or -cap, in the same way they become legwarmers on tauren and draenei. If you looked at this vid I posted in the OP, pants (and robes) already translate on naga as a sort of body stocking. Fix them to look like these, an we're good:

Regarding mounts, he's a sketch from another thread showing a naga coiling herself up to sit on a mount. I think the artist is really on to something here:
    Quote Originally Posted by Roulette Kneebasha View Post
    How do you figure? Here's a sketch of a Naga on a saddle.

Deleted
    They could have a district in the Stormwind canals.

As to the origins of playable Naga I think that they could be a more diplomatic faction of Naga who believes in peacefully preaching the good word about the Old Gods. This puts them in conflict with Queen Azshara and her Naga so they form an alliance of convenience with either the Horde or Alliance (they'd be neutral ofc.) seeing as they'd know the inside outs of Naga society: vital information for taking Azshara down.
    Last edited by mmoce35ea8b457; 2012-10-30 at 07:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtree View Post

Good you reminded me that. They could make their district in the ruins of the Park, I mean that's half underwater anyway already!