Thread: destro trinkets

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

destro trinkets

just got elegon trinket tonite
    now i cant decide on the stopwatch 470 or the 463 predator trinket from insect dungeon
    one has constant crit with spellpower proc
    the 463 has static intellect with 3200 crit proc that procs a good bit
    was using the stop watch but im losing around 859 static intellect

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure predator will be best. The ilevel is of little importance for trinkets, and even then the difference is small. This trinket list has Predator above the stopwatch by 500 DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure those stat values are quite accurate, especially considering that SimCraft is showing quite different values. In any case, I'd go with the predator trinket and just use CB's whenever you get the crit proc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kildragon View Post
    I'm not sure those stat values are quite accurate, especially considering that SimCraft is showing quite different values. In any case, I'd go with the predator trinket and just use CB's whenever you get the crit proc.
    As always, stat values are different for every different set of gear/reforges/enchants, etc. However, Predator>>>Wristwatch is correct.

I would go with Predator as well, but to be cautious you would probably be best doing a sim and checking to make sure. There is a great guide floating around on our forums if you are not sure how.
    Cyner#1996

Vision of the Predator > Flashfrozen Resin Globule >> Mithril Stopwatch

Stopwatch has a very poor uptime that I think SimCraft is overestimating, so the dungeon trinkets are significantly better.

Deleted
    Stopwatch is amazing when timing Chaos Bolts with the proc.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atech View Post
    Stopwatch is amazing when timing Chaos Bolts with the proc.
    Your kidding right? The crit proc fron the heroic trink buffs CB far more then the pric frin Stopwatch. I had Stopwatch for 2 hours before i DEd it, free Sha Crystal was better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobknight View Post
    Your kidding right? The crit proc fron the heroic trink buffs CB far more then the pric frin Stopwatch. I had Stopwatch for 2 hours before i DEd it, free Sha Crystal was better.
    You sure of that? Heroic Trink proc gives ~5% crit. That vs 5000 Spellpower proc of Stopwatch. You can also Reforge the crit on Stopwatch for Mastery which is the best stat for increasing Chaos Bolt Damage.

By the way you cannot DE Mithril Wristwatch...
    Last edited by mmocdc5cc3b254; 2012-10-31 at 12:52 PM.

You can't disenchant Brewfest trinkets. Nice try.

Deleted
    Are you sure of that ? 5424 spell power (CB having 2.25 spell power coefficient) vs 3386 crit (~5-6% crit).

Edit: well looks like I was late :P

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Pretty sure predator will be best. The ilevel is of little importance for trinkets, and even then the difference is small. This trinket list has Predator above the stopwatch by 500 DPS.
    Just curious about the "Light of the Cosmos" ilvl 476 one, is it better than Vision of the Predator? inputing my stats in simcraft gives me 2x the benefitt from Int than from Haste, so would the proc make it better than Predator? (my reforge atm is 4720 haste for the extra dot tick)

According to that list it is, but it still makes me wonder if the proc really makes it bettter than a static 847 int.

EDIT: forgot to mention that its for affliction ^^ did not want to make a whole new thread so instead i thaught i could just ask here
    Last edited by Miothan; 2012-10-31 at 01:50 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    well i recently switched to demo
    and the elegon trinket is def better with predator even as demo
    the crit proc is insane in demon form esp chaining together some touch of chaos hits