Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Lerris,

Did your range focus less on the legs...particularly, the ones that end up spawning on the outside while kiting?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Will the dmg buff from one leg make you do 100% dmg to another leg? (EG, have dot classes in one circle, dot the other legs around the body, will they take the increased dmg).
    No, 100% increased damage is only for the one leg you are standing near
    I survived 2010 Summer in Moscow without leaving city for a single day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Downed it on 10man just now, 23 seconds ahead of enrage.

2tank 2heal
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Of course you killed it in 10 man, it's easier on 10 than 25.

DPS checks have always been easier in 10 man since the dawn of the 10/25 concept was actualized.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Parthenon View Post

DPS checks have always been easier in 10 man since the dawn of the 10/25 concept was actualized.
    Just like gara'jal.

Oh wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Just like gara'jal.

Oh wait.
    Yep. Gara'jal's DPS check is a lot easier in 10 man compared to 25. On both difficulties.

Guys rather discuss Garalon and share tips and tricks to increase dps instead of turning this into 25vs10 thread...

Deleted
    We're thinking of 4 healing running it with a Mistweaver (me), Shaman, Paladin and Disc Priest with smites on the legs. Healing doesn't seem to hard to be honest (this is 25 man).

By the way any streams of garalon going on? Could not find any..

Quote Originally Posted by Parthenon View Post

You are an idiot. Plain and simple.

This thread is good, we might be attempting third boss tonight, could use all the tips.

10+ Year Old Account
    When are you finding the best time to use Hero/Lust/TW? We are doing it at the pull, but it seems like without any legs down everything is really hectic then. Being that he is not slowed any.

Quote Originally Posted by Krunklock View Post
    Lerris,

Did your range focus less on the legs...particularly, the ones that end up spawning on the outside while kiting?
    The ranged didn't focus too much on them (I think our spriest might be the exception since she has a lot of damage to them), but in general the rogue and warrior were doing most of the damage to the legs. The legs need to die at a steady pace so he always has one to regrow, but you gain more damage by not bursting them down and instead cleaving them so you double dip on the leg plus the boss.

There's something really fucked up about the tuning on this fight if people need 502 gear to kill a fight that drops 496. Wouldn't be surprised if we saw a hotnerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinerr View Post
    When are you finding the best time to use Hero/Lust/TW? We are doing it at the pull, but it seems like without any legs down everything is really hectic then. Being that he is not slowed any.
    I think the best would be to burn the legs down first time and lust... That's how we plan to do it tonight..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Just like gara'jal.

Oh wait.
    As a 10 man raider I can personally agree that dps check on gara'jal is easier on 10 than 25 man.

I mean, I accept that I raid 10 man, I do not get this whole thing that most people need to pretend that they are raiding the harder difficulty ( wether that is 10 or 25 ).

So as a 10 raider I can say with honesty that 10 is alot easier on dps check on every boss in this tier, gara'jal included.
    I raid 10 for the fun in the group, not because the difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    As a 10 man raider I can personally agree that dps check on gara'jal is easier on 10 than 25 man.

I mean, I accept that I raid 10 man, I do not get this whole thing that most people need to pretend that they are raiding the harder difficulty ( wether that is 10 or 25 ).

So as a 10 raider I can say with honesty that 10 is alot easier on dps check on every boss in this tier, gara'jal included.
    I raid 10 for the fun in the group, not because the difficulty.
    As someone who's done them both, and you haven't, 10 man Gara'jal was much tighter. DPS checks are usually tighter on 10 mans in general because in 25s you just cut way back on the amount of healers, like every top guild has done since the beginning of raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    There's something really fucked up about the tuning on this fight if people need 502 gear to kill a fight that drops 496. Wouldn't be surprised if we saw a hotnerf.
    Is it that brutal check? Meh if its true our 480 ilvl group is screwed :/

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 03:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lerris View Post
    The ranged didn't focus too much on them (I think our spriest might be the exception since she has a lot of damage to them), but in general the rogue and warrior were doing most of the damage to the legs. The legs need to die at a steady pace so he always has one to regrow, but you gain more damage by not bursting them down and instead cleaving them so you double dip on the leg plus the boss.
    I think its kinda good to do legs as shadowpriest as you get a buff from ToF when you damage anything below 20%... I am planning to let our spriest sit on the legs with melee because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyryte View Post
    As someone who's done them both, and you haven't, 10 man Gara'jal was much tighter. DPS checks are usually tighter on 10 mans in general because in 25s you just cut way back on the amount of healers, like every top guild has done since the beginning of raiding.
    Just lol. You openly admit that the DPS is much tigher in a 25 man, due to HAVING to cut healers, to make THAT part of the fight almost impossible. When a fight has 1 healer more in 25 than in 10, you know something's wrong (Ragnaros Heroic, anyone?).

OT, can anyone tell me what is "best" for Garalon - a melee or a ranged heavy setup? Melee has the movement but gets the buff, ranged gets to stand and nuke, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Just lol. You openly admit that the DPS is much tigher in a 25 man, due to HAVING to cut healers, to make THAT part of the fight almost impossible. When a fight has 1 healer more in 25 than in 10, you know something's wrong (Ragnaros Heroic, anyone?).

OT, can anyone tell me what is "best" for Garalon - a melee or a ranged heavy setup? Melee has the movement but gets the buff, ranged gets to stand and nuke, I guess.
    Havent done the fight, but it seems balanced setup will be the best for it, as you need to down legs, so couple of melee will be handy for this...

Heres another 10 man logs:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=12422&e=12786

2 healers and we're 3/6h MSV. We did not kill Kings the first week also due to a tank having family emergency so we'ra a bit behind.

Garalon was casting his enrage stomp (forgot the kill all enrage spells name) when we killed him. We are around 380 Ilevel average with 385 being highest. Ur kill was on our 13th pull.

Its a doable fight for solid guilds. If your having trouble reaching the enrage take a look at Blood Legion's beta 10 man kill to get an idea for the best kiting path. That was the trick to a kill for us.