10+ Year Old Account
    Ok that was the last straw, I can't play LoL for unknown reason, I have to download it from zero... again (did that once way back), and repair button isn't working, I click on it and nothing, it seems it needs repair too
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    They did. They nerfed W, by a lot, and buffed her Q a bit, making her Q pretty much almost like an auto attack without her passive, that's why it's picked first now.

It also allows you to bully more often and push the lane faster, like you said.

I still remember when she was so stupidly OP. Her health regen, her W's power, jesus.
    Oh cmon they really need to update those solomid guides, I was maxing W first also as top...but maybe is still good for me as I'm learning and it seems to be safer.

Btw this are the champions I like to play as top, can u tell me is wich situation should I choose each one of them?
    - Riven
    - Jayce
    - Irelia
    - Rumble
    Also bought teemo and vlad but never used them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rumble : your team is low on AP (your mid isn't good AP carry late game like Heimer)
    Riven : your team is low on CC
    Irelia : Their team has squishy mage with insane dmg that count on CC to escape death (like Veigar, you can kill him and end his threat and his stun won't stop you in team fights)
    Jayce: you want to win (I'd say he is most OP top now)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Looks like i'm still playing Riven the old way by maxing W first and Q last as per the old guide.

But i thought it made sense cause W CD scales with level whereas the Q is just a flat 13s cooldown regardless of level. So you will end up using W twice within the period of 1 Q which will ultimately do higher dps am i right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
    Oh cmon they really need to update those solomid guides, I was maxing W first also as top...but maybe is still good for me as I'm learning and it seems to be safer.

Btw this are the champions I like to play as top, can u tell me is wich situation should I choose each one of them?
    - Riven
    - Jayce
    - Irelia
    - Rumble
    Also bought teemo and vlad but never used them.
    I'm not a very experienced top laner still.

Riven does fairly well against pretty much anyone, early game she's god like because no one has any defense, not really, she has good harass and can poke very well if you know how to play her.

Jayce is good against almost everyone too.

Irelia is always a safe pick, with a philos you can farm well, even under turret and mid/late game your pretty good.

Rumble can be countered some times, I don't play him so I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpoker View Post
    Looks like i'm still playing Riven the old way by maxing W first and Q last as per the old guide.

But i thought it made sense cause W CD scales with level whereas the Q is just a flat 13s cooldown regardless of level. So you will end up using W twice within the period of 1 Q which will ultimately do higher dps am i right?
    Don't forget that Q has 3 procs, every proc is almost the same damage as an auto attack, so ti's 3 auto attacks procing your passive, which is pretty damn good comparing it to W.

It's not bad going for W, but if you want damage just go for Q or want to clear fast. W is also good for jungle because of the low cd you get by leveling it up so you can stun people more often, same thing applies for top if you're fairing not so good or just want to be able to farm without getting harassed.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2012-10-31 at 02:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    trolling the enemy team with my shaco juke
    I dont understand why you guys follow those solomid guides, you shouldnt be following them letter to letter. You should read them to have a basic idea on how the champion works. After you've played around a few games you should see what YOU think is the best to max first, not what a stupid guide says.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    I dont understand why you guys follow those solomid guides, you shouldnt be following them letter to letter. You should read them to have a basic idea on how the champion works. After you've played around a few games you should see what YOU think is the best to max first, not what a stupid guide says.
    I don't watch guides. I was just giving my thoughts on it.

I still think you can level up W or Q first if you want, but leveling up W everytime over Q is just not a good idea, unless your playstyle is around playing safe and just farming, that's okay, but some times you might miss a kill because of that.

Deleted
    The new tribnal makes fun to me. Broke the 2,3k rating with 90% correct decisions...how high is yours at the moment?

Deleted
    Well actually if you max W the CD on it is reduced, the Q will always have a 11 second cd which is kinda annoying. I find myself using Q as a gap closer a lot whcih just wastes the damage. With W max you get a really short CD stun that also deals a huge burst of damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    Well actually if you max W the CD on it is reduced, the Q will always have a 11 second cd which is kinda annoying. I find myself using Q as a gap closer a lot whcih just wastes the damage. With W max you get a really short CD stun that also deals a huge burst of damage.
    But if you use Q, every time, just to gap close, you're losing a lot of damage, and that's bad. That's why when you jungle with her you level up W instead of Q, it's one of the reasons.

Deleted
    W Scales 1.0 with AD
    Q Scales .7x3 - It's 100% vs 210 (You'd have to hit 2 for it to outscale W)

Base damage wise, hitting 3 Q's at rank 5 will give you 390 damage (225 unit knockback)
    Base damage wise, hitting 1 W at rank 5 will give you 170 damage (0.75 second stun)

Pure damage wise, Q > W

Deleted
    But if you use Q, every time, just to gap close, you're losing a lot of damage, and that's bad. That's why when you jungle with her you level up W instead of Q, it's one of the reasons.
    I mean ofcourse it´s bad, but you use Q as a gapcloser when you have to in order to catch them, so there usually isn´t much choice anyways. I just prefer the instant burst and CC you get by W max.

Deleted
    I would take W for jungling, because having such a low CD stun would be advantageous.

Deleted
    I mean ofcourse it´s bad, but you use Q as a gapcloser when you have to in order to catch them, so there usually isn´t much choice anyways. I just prefer the instant burst and CC you get by W max.

@Post above me

You didnt´count in the fact that a W max riven still has atleast lvl 1 Q with the same ratio+ W on a much shorter CD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post

@Post above me

You didnt´count in the fact that a W max riven still has atleast lvl 1 Q with the same ratio+ W on a much shorter CD.

Are you forgetting about Riven's passive? It's stupid to go W first over Q because of her passive at level 1, unless you get counter jungled when your team is close and you have no cc, still.

Deleted
    I'm not forgetting anything. For pure damage, Q > W. Like I said. PURE damage.

Max Q + 1 W = 390 + 50 damage (If all hit)
    Max W + 1 Q = 170 + 90 (if all hit)

Take into consideration you might get 2 W's off in the space of 13 seconds. That's 340+90 = 430 vs the 1 Q + 1 W = 440.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    I'm not forgetting anything. For pure damage, Q > W. Like I said. PURE damage.

Max Q + 1 W = 390 + 50 damage (If all hit)
    Max W + 1 Q = 170 + 90 (if all hit)

Take into consideration you might get 2 W's off in the space of 13 seconds. That's 340+90 = 430 vs the 1 Q + 1 W = 440.
    Yes, I already got that, but people keep forgetting her passive, that's why Q is picked at level 1 first than W. It gives a lot more damage, if what you want is damage.

10+ Year Old Account

Are you forgetting about Riven's passive? It's stupid to go W first over Q because of her passive at level 1, unless you get counter jungled when your team is close and you have no cc, still.
    In the case of Riven's passive it would be better to level W first so you can get more W's in and the 3 Qs. I level W first for the burst and her stun. More stuns means more uses of her passive. And if you aren't using Q to close the gap you can hit more of her Q for more damage. Her W is also slightly better for clearing since it hits all the minions around you, not just the ones in front of you.

Deleted
    Yes, I already got that, but people keep forgetting her passive, that's why Q is picked at level 1 first than W. It gives a lot more damage, if what you want is damage.
    I'm actually backing your point lol. It was aimed at Trollspawn

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 05:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    In the case of Riven's passive it would be better to level W first so you can get more W's in and the 3 Qs. I level W first for the burst and her stun. More stuns means more uses of her passive. And if you aren't using Q to close the gap you can hit more of her Q for more damage. Her W is also slightly better for clearing since it hits all the minions around you, not just the ones in front of you.
    Q goes on cooldown as soon as you use the first Q, not the last. Q's arc is also pretty good so it's not TOO hard to hit all targets
    Last edited by mmoc2bcebb3185; 2012-10-31 at 03:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    I still think that Q is better for procing her passive. I don't play Riven as much as I did, but I still believe it would be better to go for Q first.

I remember that her W could clear fast not sure now, I haven't played her top for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    I'm actually backing your point lol. It was aimed at Trollspawn
    Yeah yeah, I just thought it was directed at me because of the, "I'm not forgetting about anything"; just ignore me, I'm kinda grumpy today, lol.