Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Ghostcrawler confirms: Stampede is broken

about 4 hours ago, Ghostcrawler posted on Twitter the following message:

Good news. We found a bug with Stampede being too high only in Arenas. That accounts for why feedback can be so varied. More info later.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...94648202125312

so for all the people who said that Stampede was fine: you're both right and wrong. It's fine outside of Arena's, but inside arena's, it's overpowered.

once this bug is fixed, BM hunter burst will likely be lower in arena's.

edit: sorry, didn't see that it was already mentioned in the PvP blog post and in the Stampede thread.

Deleted
    In before Stampede becomes a bleed dot.

In before they remove Stampede from arenas.

Deleted
    Thats an interesting bug though. Wonder how they managed to overlook that.

Probably ignored resilience or something.
    Moo.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JonBoy2001 View Post
    Probably ignored resilience or something.
    Wouldn't that affect BGs too? I'm curious as to how a bug for an ability affects arena only...

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    about 4 hours ago, Ghostcrawler posted on Twitter the following message:

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...94648202125312

so for all the people who said that Stampede was fine: you're both right and wrong. It's fine outside of Arena's, but inside arena's, it's overpowered.

once this bug is fixed, BM hunter burst will likely be lower in arena's.

edit: sorry, didn't see that it was already mentioned in the PvP blog post and in the Stampede thread.
    the problem is they fucked over other aspects of the spec balancing around a bug, now once they fix the bug the other nerfs will mean the class was over nerfed. Typical blizzard, they don't fix broken thing before they knee jerk nerf crap due to retarded QQ from bad PvPers.

10+ Year Old Account
    caling it now, stampede with have the same ban like dk's army did in pvp....
    The sims lies, don't trust them....

Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    caling it now, stampede with have the same ban like dk's army did in pvp....
    if they do that they need to up the damage by at least 100%

i think he's just posting to shut the general public up from bitching to much
    I want to have a child and use it as a pulling tool in dungeons.

idk what bug hes talking about but i do love stampede ... cuz of glyph of stampede

spirit beast + stampede = 6 spirit beasts ... now if u use your spirit heal while all these are out u get 6 stacks of a hot which pretty much makes u unkillable for its duration

ive also heard that pet scaling is arena is bugged and they ignore pvp resil or something ? but im unsure as to the extent of the bug GC is refering too

So the DK who told me "use stampede more brah its gonna be nerfed so op no skill" after I killed him three times for ganking lowbies was a total moron? Good to confirm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stuck4cash View Post
    Wouldn't that affect BGs too? I'm curious as to how a bug for an ability affects arena only...
    My guess is that there was an error in the special ruleset Blizz uses for arenas to 'ban' certain CDs like Lay on Hands, Bloodlust/Heroism, and Army of the Dead.

Nice to know they found out the problem and are going to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Divineknight13 View Post
    idk what bug hes talking about but i do love stampede ... cuz of glyph of stampede

spirit beast + stampede = 6 spirit beasts ... now if u use your spirit heal while all these are out u get 6 stacks of a hot which pretty much makes u unkillable for its duration

ive also heard that pet scaling is arena is bugged and they ignore pvp resil or something ? but im unsure as to the extent of the bug GC is refering too

1st: of all, you don't get 6 pets. For stampede you summon all your stabled pets at once, you can only have 5.
    2nd: they Nerfed/fixed it now so the other 4 pets Spirit mend do 25% healing in stead of 100%, the same as their damage.

Im suprised it was even allowed in arena seeing as Army is banned.. why should hunters have something similar.

Deleted
    probably just didnt look at it right in the first place . were seeing this alot at the moment . is this due to a lack of testers?

Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    Im suprised it was even allowed in arena seeing as Army is banned.. why should hunters have something similar.
    Then they'd have to give hunters a new 87 ability, simply because all the other classes got amazing new abilities, it'd be unfair as hell to keep that from hunters. idk about army, it hits like a wet noodle anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    its not like people just go outside walk around for 5 minutes and come across 5 spirit beasts, some are considered challenge tames too.
    You do know what Glyph of Stampede is, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    It was common knowledge that stampede was bugged in arena.. and they realised it only now? Is Ghostcrawler and his team trolling or serious?

It's either A) not really funny or B) sad.
    they have this adversion to admiting they fucked up. Look at CRZ the community overall dislikes it talk to people in game as well as the QQ brigade on the forums, overall people dislike it yeyt they keep it in there in its messed up form stopping events because of it. EVERYONE even people who don't give a damn about arenas knew that stampede was ignoring resiliance.

The major issue is they started doing balance changes without fixing a bug, now because they had done the changes on the PTR AND fixing the big, hunters will be over nerfed. Now blizzard will not admit they fucked up in over nerfing because of a bug now hunters get to spend the x-pac fucked over due to their ignorance.

I feel like this is just a ruse to cover their asses, otherwise they would've caught something like this when they applied the hotfix to make resillience affect Stampede pets' damage the 2nd week of MoP.