Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Bots, bots everywhere.

Playing on the EU Realms I'm a bit curious, is it as bad on the US realms since I see far less threads on the US forums? On the EU forums on many battlegrounds you have more bots then actual players especially at night. They're absolutely everywhere, I just had an Silvershard Mine game where 8/10 people on our team were bots.
    Games aren't decided by gear, skill or dedication anymore. They're decided by who got less bots, or who got the "better" bots seeing as how some of them actually "play" the game while others simply run in circles or constantly repeat a single cast.

Yep just did av and 38 ppl were bots.

yeah its just as bad. a bg i just got out of was pretty much all bots. i took a screenie. two people stayed in the start zone the whole time, and the rest of the team was all programmed to just guard the first flag so they all just ran there and didnt move from it. the whole team.

"Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by hellosaltygoodness View Post
    yeah its just as bad. a bg i just got out of was pretty much all bots. i took a screenie. two people stayed in the start zone the whole time, and the rest of the team was all programmed to just guard the first flag so they all just ran there and didnt move from it. the whole team.

[IMG][/IMG]
    I rather have a bot than someone with those binds

I hope to god that druid just closed healbot so they could screen cap

Deleted
    I never reply to the idiots saying 'speak if you're no bot' or 'set role if you're not a bot' either.

Quote Originally Posted by AeRae View Post
    I rather have a bot than someone with those binds
    Owned lol :-D

Deleted
    Whats wrong with his binds ? Easy access to moonfire and tranquility is way important !

But to be honest, if he moves with TFGH the binds make perfect sense.
    Last edited by mmoc78c97bc234; 2012-11-01 at 07:56 AM.

Deleted
    Only upside I can see from this is that if/when Blizzard does push through a ban wave, loads of people will finally get what they deserve...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtracks View Post
    I never reply to the idiots saying 'speak if you're no bot' or 'set role if you're not a bot' either.
    got a reply from the 2 non bots, struck up a nice convo that lasted the whole bg. it was very pleasant. next time you should speak up xD
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

Deleted
    I do bg's same time everyday, i report the same handful of bots on horde and alliance.

I guess it depends on the battleground. Been running my random daily bg's for a few days now and I get twin peaks every. single. day. But no bots there. Always full teams going at it on both sides.

But yeah. I'd expect a wave of bans coming up.

Deleted
    Everytime the GMs think they got proof on a botter, he uses he jedi mind trick and says "These aren't the bots you are looking for" and the GMs are fooled. This is the reason they don't do anything about botters.

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 03:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LummyBear View Post
    I do bg's same time everyday, i report the same handful of bots on horde and alliance.
    Wait till you get a ban for making too many reports.

I saw this bot warrior completely destroying shit in wsg the other day.. I recall him going 31-0 and shitting on kids

Deleted
    Blizzard should perma ban them.. because botters get more Honor at one night than i in like 3 days playing casual

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    I saw this bot warrior completely destroying shit in wsg the other day.. I recall him going 31-0 and shitting on kids
    In their current state, warriors don't need an actual human player to do good in pvp, so your story is quite believable.

Oh crap, I just realized I posted something which is not 100% constructive. Here comes my ban by a mod who really has nothing better to do.
    Last edited by mmoc213777db2f; 2012-11-01 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woebegone View Post
    I guess it depends on the battleground. Been running my random daily bg's for a few days now and I get twin peaks every. single. day. But no bots there. Always full teams going at it on both sides.
    doesn't necessarily mean they arent bots, the majority of bots actively engage and you cant tell them apart from regular players unless you watch them for a while. even the bots in the pic i posted attacked any horde nearby, they actually did pretty well and we even won that bg.

Wonder if there are actual BG matches during nights with only bots on both sides, that we humans never get to know about becuse only blizzard can see them.
    I feel left out from this secret bot society. :O

Wish bots would be taken serious tho, that blizzard could open dedicated realms where bots would be allowed so AI programmers can have a challenge of who makes a bot that can level 1-90 fastest by any means. :O

thought yo u might like this one from last night... the bots just came running back over and over again right to the same spot... i could hit them through the wall and so didn't get spotted by any real alliance players..

18 killing blows before i finally got discovered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincey View Post
    thought yo u might like this one from last night... the bots just came running back over and over again right to the same spot... i could hit them through the wall and so didn't get spotted by any real alliance players..

18 killing blows before i finally got discovered.
    I'm sure Blizzard will take notice of this and ban you for hindering their customers' botting.