Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Still working on professions, reputations and questing... I honestly have no time to raid with the amount of content there is outside of raiding. Beyond that, Diablo 3 and Starcraft HoS, yeah. Screw raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I came back to the game 2-3 weeks AFTER MoP came out and was behind the rest of my guild as far as leveling (I even chose to level a monk as main from 1-90 instead of one of my many 85s) and they had only started attempting raiding for the first time the week before I came back anyways. We've had the time to make boss attempts and kill a boss, almost kill two but we've been plagued by real life issues for raiders as well.

Two of my guildies had family coming in for two weeks and can't raid, one has been given a work schedule where they're working certain weeks during raid nights, two more had their power go out because of Hurricane Sandy and a few didn't show up because of Halloween, etc etc. When real life smooths out a bit and everyone can settle down in a few weeks raiding will become much easier to accomplish.

having been a classic/tbc raider (quit raiding due to work schedule changes). and having now stepped in to LFR. i've honestly come to the conclusion i'd rather deal with 25 random people from LFR idiots or not. than deal with the elitist raiding is life people i delt with in raiding guilds/running a raiding guild. its just less stressful

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    ^

people might have grown up finally and see raiding for what it is: massive time consumption
    lfr shows same content with 1/10 of the time needed
    You do understand thats what all games are about. They are a time sink to waste time when you have nothing else to do.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted
    Is raid finder counted in this?

The problem is that raiding will commence troughout the addon where leveling /heroes are a one time activitiy, after two months of raiding you already spend more time in raids than with leveling/heroics and the disparity grows even larger as time between addons is 10+ months
    That simply depends on how much you play. I can level a new alt every week and spend more time on that than on raiding.

People aren't raiding because doing dailies instead is just too fun...

I'm not raiding because I decided that clearing LFR is a suitable replacement. It's not like there's any interesting storyline or replay value to the current raid tier anyway. As a bonus, I get to maintain the illusion that I'm playing a single player game that way. Normal / heroic raiding would force me to interact with my guildmates...yuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^

people might have grown up finally and see raiding for what it is: massive time consumption
    lfr shows same content with 1/10 of the time needed
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    You do understand thats what all games are about. They are a time sink to waste time when you have nothing else to do.
    Yes this is true. I think what he was getting at was a Player has so many more options and content to keep them busy over throwing themselves through the raid grinder. I could spend my few hours a day questing, instancing, bg's/pvp, battling pets, etc. instead of dealing with a possible stressful raid environment. Maybe some players get more of a sense of accomplishment out of the former than the later.
    Cthulhu 2024, why vote for a lesser evil

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Is raid finder counted in this?
    not from wow progress. atleast not that i could tell. just normal/heroic. which makes sense since wow progress is about guild progress.

but i personally would love to see the LFR stats. number of players in LFR vs Normal VS Heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    To me it's exactly the opposite. The only thing that's appealing about WoW to me is to raid with a group of people who are likeminded. I wouldn't be playing WoW if I couldn't do that anymore. If I want to just do something to pass the time then there are much better games out there.

I don't see how raiding is a massive time consumption and leveling/dailies/heroics isn't. Or for that matter posting on MMO-Champion.

I now raid 9 hours a week. I wouldn't want to raid more. I got plenty of time for other things and if I didn't raid I would be doing some other useless activity like playing BF3 all alone or watching television.
    For me it's not so much that raiding isn't fun... with a good group of folks it's a blast, no question. But committing that time consistently is just not a priority for me currently. I will admit that LFR probably makes that decision far easier, though folks can debate all day whether or not you're simply seeing, or experiencing content that way.

Maybe I'll change my mind as I progress further into the expansion. Any 1 night per week guilds out there?

I'd also guess that folks look at raiding as a massive time consumption for 2 reasons. a) a single raid play session generally HAS to be several hours long, whereas these other tasks can be done in shorter sessions, and b) raiding is generally something you're in the long haul for, because helping out the guild is what it's all about. So you wind up raiding even when it doesn't benefit you individually at times, etc.
    Last edited by melodramocracy; 2012-11-01 at 01:43 PM.

Raiding is way time consuming. After several years people finally realised that it aint worth investing that much time just to boost their char ego. They just pay the game to have fun. Questing and LFR helps in that direction -daily quests after some time do not.
    Ofcourse I am talking about the majority of wow subscribers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am busy in college and don't have a consistent enough schedule, let alone time, to actually raid. I am so much fun just leveling, enjoying quests, enjoying professions, and taking in the game's lore.

I will probably just use raid finder once I hit 90.

I'm not raiding because i only want to raid with one guild. However they do not have space for me since they're a 10 man with a full roster.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    I disagree. I play games that I find fun and enjoy. Not as a time sink when I'm bored. I play WoW because I like the game and enjoy playing it.

If you only play games as a time sink, then you are doing it wrong.

Deleted
    Personally i havent started raiding yet, nor am i sure if i will. I just dont like having 2 of my evenings per week being taken up by raiding. I know some guilds have more or less, but i guess im just tired of it. Done the lfr a few times since i can do it whenever i feel like and not strictly a certain time.

Deleted
    People on my server are raiding just as much if not even more than during DS. Its not as much as it was in the beginning of Cata but I think thats because of LFR and the huge amoung of dailies you have to do....

I would raid if I could find a group that could meet my VERY limited schedule...I know they are out there but only having monday and wednesday as days i can raid(and i refuse to do more than 3 hour sessions) so a 6 hour raiding guild that can progress that is looking for my spec with my time frames is hard. I could just form my own, but nobody wants to join a start up guild it's a huge risk especially considering I'm not 6/6H MSV and 6/6HOF. I could raid other days than m/w but its later at night and honestly im not sure if i want to raid 11p-2a.

edit: forgot to add that I think it's time they just allow cross server raiding. Between RL friends and openraid I could easily find a raid group that fits my time. Kind of stupid that raiding and arena are the ONLY things you cant do cross realm now...

Hollar. Our guild just announced that we're disbanding for this reason.

i plan to lvl alots of 85s to 90 first to get the 90s ach plus not in a hurry mop is still new anyways.before i start raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharlok View Post
    People on my server are raiding just as much if not even more than during DS. Its not as much as it was in the beginning of Cata but I think thats because of LFR and the huge amoung of dailies you have to do....
    Seems to be the case on my realm too.

I think the big thing right now is that a lot of people don't just bulldoze their way straight to raiding content. Even 6 weeks into the expansion, there are plenty of people who intent to raid that haven't hit 90, haven't gotten to a gear level comfortable for raiding, who are waiting for their guild to be prepared for raiding or maybe they don't have a guild and just want to get into a good pug run. Along those lines as well, a lot of pugs are run by partial guild groups who want a certain amount of experience and gear from people they recruit. The less serious raiders are just starting to get into 'acceptable' gear now, so pugs should start to pick up a bit in the next few weeks, particularly after LFR opens up for Heart of Fear and some new gear is available.

Incidentally, I imagine somewhere in this thread, its been pointed out how wrong the OP's numbers are. 2.7 million people is far less than the number that actually bought the game. That number is store purchases only, not digital orders which we can safely assume made up a much larger part of the population. Heck, my server had 1000 people in login queues 4 weeks into the expansion and talking to people in my guild and other friends online, I don't think I know anyone who actually bought a hard copy of the game.