Thread: Brewmaster dps.

Brewmaster dps.

Hi folks, Yes you read the title right, but I just want to know "How to" I'm not talking queueing as a dps, I'm talking on fights like gara'jal and such when the other tank has it . I've basically been doing my normal rotation with out guard but is their a way I can add a little more oomph to it? A friend once quoted me "If you're wiping due to tank dps it's not tank dps." Which might be true but I want to add every bit I can on fights when I'm not the current tank.

I would think you just change stances and dps with jab/tiger palm/and blackout kick.

Although, I'm not exactly positive if that would be better than just dps'ing in the tank stance, only because Keg Smash hits so hard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nah, losing Keg Smash and only using Jab is a major DPS loss even with 20% increased damage from Tiger Stance.

Use Avert Harm to soak some damage the other tank is taking, if you're free to use it. It'll smooth out his intake while simultaneously giving you some Vengeance.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    You can taunt him every 20 seconds or so. You won't get aggro, but it gives you vengeance. I've personally had decent ranks as Brewmaster weaving keeping up breath of fire DoT when i don't currently have aggro.

There's not a great deal extra you can do other than that. You'll want to save Avert Harm for the sub 20% enrage if you don't have the tank on spiritbinder too. If you take Chi burst say, and use it with avert harm up, you'll help a lot with voodoo doll damage and be able to outheal the transferred damage just by dumping 2 chi bursts, keg smashing, and doing another burst straight after the smash. Should carry you through the avert harm without it dropping off. It's also really nice for helping the healers as well by targetting someone at the back of the raid and throwing it through.
    If you know you aren't going to be taking the last 20%, taunting for vengeance and chi burst healing is incredibly good.

Thanks for the tips - I didn't just mean that guy, I mean theres times where I'm not tanking on feng, on heroic bosses, on i don't know my raid group is slow but i imagine others and just was curious what i could do to up the dmg a bit. That being said some of the tips here are pretty sweet. I ididn't think raid bosses usually burned from breath of fire though .

I miss unfixed vengeance
    Also the biggest loss about switching stance is that all shuffle goes poof...dont know about you but i prefer to have a decent time on stagger when its my time to take the boss ... even if stance dancing would gave a bit more dps.
    Last edited by Asmalya; 2012-11-01 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    I miss unfixed vengeance
    Also the biggest loss about switching stance is that all stagger goes poof...dont know about you but i prefer to have a decent time on stagger when its my time to take the boss ... even if stance dancing would gave a bit more dps.
    I think you mean shuffle?

I've personally had decent ranks as Brewmaster weaving keeping up breath of fire DoT when i don't currently have aggro.
    All raid bosses are immune to dizzying haze so you can't ignite BoF. Even if you could, Breath of fire is not a good use of 2 chi on single target.

Quote Originally Posted by Valsh View Post
    I think you mean shuffle?

All raid bosses are immune to dizzying haze so you can't ignite BoF. Even if you could, Breath of fire is not a good use of 2 chi on single target.
    Yes ofc shuffle. *duh* My bad!

Make sure you're using Xuen on boss fights. He doesn't taunt a raid boss and he does pretty significant damage, especially if you've got vengeance left over from tanking.

Other than that, just keep doing your rotation. Keg Smash on CD, never hit 100 energy, keep using Blackout Kick. Don't use BoF on single target though, not worth it, BoK hits harder and bosses don't burn. Oh, and tiger palm when you have nothing else to do. It may not hit very hard but it's still something, and keeps the 30% armor reduction up on the boss.

15+ Year Old Account
    Something to keep in mind for situations where bosses ARE affected by Dizzying Haze (the monk boss in H-SM is one example) is that even with the DoT thrown in, BoF will still do less damage to a single target than BoK will and won't stack up your shuffle.

BoF is never ever ever worth using on a single target unless you're a low-level with its ridiculously whack scaling. It's a DPS and mitigation loss.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    BoF is never ever ever worth using on a single target unless you're a low-level with its ridiculously whack scaling. It's a DPS and mitigation loss.
    I'll log challenge modes on Friday, i've certainly seen an increase in total dps output just keeping the dot up when offtanking. The DoT is doing more for me along with the initial hit than Blackout Kick was.

And i don't know if it's my ui bugging but i'm seeing Breath of Fire ticks on Spiritbinder.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still ranked #108 BrM on normal Gara (surprised me a bit still had blue weapon) just by doing as others said and keeping my normal rotation and holding off on Guard until I pick the boss back up, using Xuen on CD.

Don't forget you can ToD the Gara Severer/adds and the Sparks/Pillars on Elegon, and the sparks are susceptible to our AoE's (KS, SCK) when they first spawn. Hopefully your using roll to get around when you need to move to a new target to keep your uptime high.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    and the sparks are susceptible to our AoE's (KS, SCK) when they first spawn.
    How do you do it as soon as sparks spawn? I usually keg smash to try and hit at least 2 and then help the weakest dps with his, saving my ToD for the last set of sparks before we focus on boss prior to the transition.
    If I accidentally have my KS on CD thats when i do a quick spin kick. Are you finding it hitting more than 2 targets for very long?

Yeah, looks like my rank fell down to 77 on Gara'Jal, we are raiding tonight so see if I can beat that . I can't say that I was doing anything special. Just keep dpsing the boss, I do a little dps on adds when I get thrown into the spirit realm if they are stacked up (KS + BoF) then just go touch of death the big add and get back on the boss. Pop Xuen on CD but try to do it when you are tanking for the Vengance. I start out tanking the boss and somehow I always manage to be the one tanking at the end so that helps my DPS a bit. I attempt to save Xuen for the enrage because we lust and I'm tanking so that is a ton of dps.

I've been taunting on CD when the other tank has the boss but once you have more threat than them it doesn't seem to do anything but worth a shot :-p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zene View Post
    How do you do it as soon as sparks spawn? I usually keg smash to try and hit at least 2 and then help the weakest dps with his, saving my ToD for the last set of sparks before we focus on boss prior to the transition.
    If I accidentally have my KS on CD thats when i do a quick spin kick. Are you finding it hitting more than 2 targets for very long?
    I wouldn't delay a KS unless you know sparks are spawning in ~1 second, ultimately the fight is about trucking down the boss. At least for me it seems to line up rather nicely more often than not but maybe I'm just lucky. Yes you want to save ToD for the last set of Spark's your group kills.

If you position yourself right it seems like you can hit 3 sparks + elegon for at least 1 channel of SCK then I go into single target mode again.

Also, because Xuen taunts the protectors and I tank the 2nd spawning one I pop it pretty late into P1 so he's usually hanging around for at least for the first set of Spark's. You may want to consider teaming up with one of the melee's as their sparks going down faster = the faster they can run back and beat on the boss.

Seen other's mention RJW to can hit a lot of sparks too but for us I've felt the single target DPS on the boss has been more needed.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.