Page 1 of 3
LastLast

"At the moment, we’re satisfied with the state of crowd control."

Seriously?

Source

Well at least they noticed that we aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by billtimbob View Post
    Seriously?

Source
    That's what I was like, well more like WTF u smokeing Blizz.

Anywayzzz CC is very bad when you have to rely on a 2 min CD to snap out of it, really though if they just revamp the CC trinket by adding a immunity or lowering the CD to it, no more then 1 min then pvp might be allot more streamline, CC needs a counter besides other players removing it off you and that should be a lower CD on the trinket or a immunity.

Lets do some crafting here, as of right now there are over 40 different forms of CC in this game not counting snares of those 40 forms of CC only the heal spec can remove forms of CC from another player so that leaves 5 classes with CC player removal.

The average CC is about 30 seconds so with that logic vs 40+ forms of CC, the trinket should be at max on a 1 min CD, I would really make 2 types, one that is on a 1 min CD with a 10 sec immunity and another that is on a 50 sec CD without a immunity, make it so the player picks what's best for any given situation, non-stackable of course.

30-45s version of current trinket imo

CC in this game now feels more of a clusterfuck than SWTOR. That's saying a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Put ALL cc on the same DR, fixes the problem nice and quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Yeah.

I'm satisfied with being stun locked, pushed back, silenced, feared, stunned, pushed back, death gripped, stunned, feared, silenced, polymorphed, feared, interrupted, feared, death coiled, stunned, charge stunned, blinded, mind controlled, pushed back, then killed.

Totally satisfied.

Happens more often then most admit to, being a healer in full dreadful with some pieces of malevolent any half decent group in a bg will know to put pressure on the healer(s). Personally, I hate the fact that there is no pushback resistance. Without it any brain dead moron can interrupt healers because it takes so long to get off a cast (flash of light being 1.3 sec) even if its an infused divine light (.9 sec or so) with 3+ people hitting you.

I know how to juke, I'm not new at this. (Before someone says it)

Healing with a full set of pvp gear is pretty awesome though, I just don't like how easy it is to lock down healers, it takes almost no reflex anymore with how much pushback a cast gets.
    Last edited by Theholypally; 2012-11-01 at 08:45 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Deleted
    Sheep 8 sec. Pala stun 6 (?) sec. Pala lightning 5-6 seconds. Freeze Trap 6 seconds. Sheep again! If I'm playing battlegrounds as an healer I actually spent most of the time inside CC instead of actually playing.

Deleted
    Nothing gets more fustrating than waiting for a stun to wear off and get silenced after it.

But i hate AOE CC even more. THATS BS especially in that train BG. Okay i would be fine if we stayed in ONE SPOT while aoe feared but running SO FAR AWAY FROM THE FIGHT IS ANNOYING!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warjin View Post
    That's what I was like, well more like WTF u smokeing Blizz.

Anywayzzz CC is very bad when you have to rely on a 2 min CD to snap out of it, really though if they just revamp the CC trinket by adding a immunity or lowering the CD to it, no more then 1 min then pvp might be allot more streamline, CC needs a counter besides other players removing it off you and that should be a lower CD on the trinket or a immunity.

Lets do some crafting here, as of right now there are over 40 different forms of CC in this game not counting snares of those 40 forms of CC only the heal spec can remove forms of CC from another player so that leaves 5 classes with CC player removal.

The average CC is about 30 seconds so with that logic vs 40+ forms of CC, the trinket should be at max on a 1 min CD, I would really make 2 types, one that is on a 1 min CD with a 10 sec immunity and another that is on a 50 sec CD without a immunity, make it so the player picks what's best for any given situation, non-stackable of course.
    even thoug i agree that a 1 min trinket cd would help alot,its not going to happen.why?well thats simple.its not going to happen for 1 simple reason= $.blizz is not going to waste the time or $ paying there devs to go in and change all the coding on the trinkets so they can have 1 min cds.think about it,why should blizz do that?people are going to pay to play with trinkets staying as is,why should they waste there $ buy changing the cd?

every time i say this is get trolled by some wow fan boys,but here it is any way.wow is an after thought in blizzes minds,its a cash cow thats in maintenance mode as opposed to them bettering the game.all blizz is concerned with now is keeping wow's $ coming in until titans is ready.the devs that make wow great are gone/working on titian. actually i even thing there are less devs working on wow now then ever before.wow's prime years "BC" are long gone and so are the devs.if people could see that without there,o stfu wow is the greatest attitude,then we would have a better game today.blizz knows thoughs people are going to pay reguardless,so why should they make changes when they dont have to.
    Last edited by meathead; 2012-11-01 at 02:58 PM.

i think devs don't actually pvp.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

CC wouldn't be such a nightmare if any dmg would break it. Getting stunf*cked by a warrior or mage for instance while they are hittting you very hard is just silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Well at least they noticed that we aren't.
    ahhahah.

seriously though, i dont love the amount of cc in the game personally..but you should be putting them through just as much frustration as they're putting you through. if you can't do that, maybe you should switch your comps.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Positioning isn't worth crap anymore nowadays, all cc is 30-40 yards range and instant. Yeah we can do the same, it's not fun though - both sides are frustrated.
    isn't blind 20 yards? And warr fear 10? and sap 10? and poly has a 1.5s cast? And fear has a 1.5s cast? and hex (unless enhan or you take NS, but not the best NS choice)? and repentance? and priest fear? And cyclone? doesn't cyclone also have a 25ish yd range?

you jump to conclusions very quickly.

I can have potentially up to 4 CC breakers in my bar and I still don't think it's enough

At least lots of other CCs can be avoided or interrupted... whoever came up with shit like Psyfiend needs to be sent to Libya.

Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    I can have potentially up to 4 CC breakers in my bar and I still don't think it's enough

At least lots of other CCs can be avoided or interrupted... whoever came up with shit like Psyfiend needs to be sent to Libya.
    Agree, I think the only fix without flat out removing CC is to add a immunity effect to CC, screw DR players find ways around that, we need a flat out CC immunity after every CC like Daoc has and many other games of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    30-45s version of current trinket imo
    And how do you plan on killing people in arena now? This isnt really balanced for bgs xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Simple, and the greatest suggestion I've ever seen in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Myci View Post
    And how do you plan on killing people in arena now? This isnt really balanced for bgs xD
    The same way players do In Gw2, Daoc, AC and many other older and newer games,wait for it...wait for it... "with skill", counter vs counter, WoW's PvP is player vs cooldown and those cool downs just so happen to be 90% CC.
    Last edited by warjin; 2012-11-02 at 01:51 AM.

I remember when they said that CC wasn't fun and they didn't like it because people don't have fun when they can't control their character.