Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Oops, you're right. I overestimated. 240,000 first day sales on launch.

http://forums.windrivers.com/showthread.php?66929.html

Wait you are talking about vanilla WoW? Really? Back when the MMo market was under a million players?

How did GW1 compare to Vanilla?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Also the "another jaylock thread" responses are getting old. Cant you respond without insulting me?
    And you can't honestly see why we think of you the way we do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Bad reviews? Really?

You call an 8 and above on most sites a bad review?

Christ.

Do you ever have anything positive to say about WoW mang?

Mists sold like..2.9 million I think in Digital and Hardcopy sales in the first week.

Pretty sure it's around what Darsithis said now.
    Nowadays only CoD and the likes get >9...

It's the state of gaming industry, or better, the state of the new generation of gamers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    I have never seen jaylock make a thread that wasn't biased, often badly informed and just erring on the safe side of an infraction for deliberate flamebaiting.

Then he acts all innocent like he can't imagine why people have such a low opinion of his threads
    Even if that may very likely be the case, I will give him the benefit of the doubt and give him a chance to prove himself that he means what he says. It is not like it is an unreasonable thing, either, since it would greatly help him forming a bridge with people who disagree with him, which in turn would help improve the environment in his threads. Jaylock can not really back away from the challenge, since that would make him look bad. A person who does not care for his/her reputation when being genuinely interested in having a good, proper discussion is doomed to fail every time.

In conclusion, I will not accept anything but pure sincerity from him if he wants to discuss anything with me or anyone else on this forum. If he can not convince me that he has only pure intentions, then I am done with him for good.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2012-11-02 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Of course MoP didn't break sales records. The game is old. I would venture to say there are Qty=0 7+ year old games that are breaking their own sales records. The fact that WoW is still such a domination of the market is just amazing. No other game is even close.
    Spot on! Any game with more than one million subscribers is doing amazingly and WoW is still the industry leader for subscribers by a long shot. That is amazing given its age. Even I am getting a little tired of WoW (not because it is a bad game, but because it is dated and I have just been playing it for so long) but still appreciate how innovative it is. With no really big contenders on the horizon to compete with WoW (I seriously doubt GW2 active players or Rift subscriptions will catch up with WoW subscription), I do not expect it to be dethroned as the highest subscription MMO in the market for at least another 3 years (10 years + as the most successful MMO on the market is actually something I would not have even thought possible, but I am fairly certain WoW will pull it off).

I dont know if somebody mentioned this in this thread before but....

First day sales are not a very good indicator of how good a game is....it is a great indicator of how expected the game was....why could have mop done awful on first day then? Because Cata burned out lots of people (you may also say it was a terrible expansion...mb not on release but awful patches) and pandaren were strongly rejected by lots of players...

Also, bc, wotlk, and cata came in periods the game was gaining players (or active accounts at least) so the trend was outselling the previous expansion...when mop came to be the playerbase was already going down so it is possible (and its def the case here) that it would sell lesser than previous expansion...

OP makes a point on bad reviews, 8.7 ign, 7.5 gamespot, etc...i honestly think that mop is a step forward for wow in some areas and a very risky move on other areas, however, reviewers can not objectively give mop ratings close to swtor or gw2 just because those games are last generation games...wow is a very old game that couldnt be on par to those games in their reviewing standards (graphics engine, character models, etc...)

Edit: i dont think those review ratings are necessarily bad...just not the 9+ reviews vanilla, bc, wotlk got.

just my 2 cents...
    Last edited by resto4life; 2012-11-02 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    considering how low quality the game has turned out to be so far
    Maybe they mean another game because clearly they don't mean Pandaria with an outright false statement like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwy Maverick View Post
    Maybe they mean another game because clearly they don't mean Pandaria with an outright false statement like this.

This is the exact type of non-subtle comment by the OP which is designed as flamebait that he is known for.

He doesn't play it himself, doesn't like it himself yet continues to creates threads like this with downright negative and primarily inaccurate statements disguised as fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drungan View Post
    Why should it break records ? ... and why is sales importent ?
    Because WoW is a fad game. It's about big numbers and flaunting it, at the boardroom and ingame.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Not to mention the privilege to play an MMO that doesn't end at max level
    *cough* cosmetic gear
    that's laughable, even now a few months into the game I am still working on new gear items with better stats. Still have 6 slots to build on its not cosmetic at all. Eventually I will have the luxury of doing so.

You obviously haven't played the game. Even then the customisation per character is amazing and I'm still looking for gear that will totally make me viable for dungeons/WvW/PvP

we have already one major patch, and another turning up on the 15th of this month. New content, no cost... keep paying the $15 and tell me how the dailies are working out for you.

What I'm basically saying is - subscription model of payment is not really worth the money considering what other game are offering for free. Don't get me wrong WoW was a great game but to keep paying money every month you should expect more. Times have changed. If WoW drops a content bomb then I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong. quote me if you like.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Unlike his candidate of choice you can never call Jaylock a flip flopper.
    wat?

Obama was against gay marriage. When he needed more votes, he suddenly declared he was FOR it.

Obama wanted to end the wars. He instead started new wars.

Obama wanted to cut the deficit in half. He instead increased the deficit and added $6 trillion in debt in ONE term. If you remember when he was campaigning in 2008 he called Bush unpatriotic for spending $4 trillion in TWO terms.

I am sure there is more, but those are some of the facts MSNBC isn't telling you. Stop calling Romney a flip flopper if you won't at least admit that your King Obama is also one.

Quote Originally Posted by MustangMark83 View Post
    -Snip-
    Please, this is a gaming website. Don't bring politics into the gaming section.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Wait you are talking about vanilla WoW? Really? Back when the MMo market was under a million players?

How did GW1 compare to Vanilla?
    That's like asking how did Warcraft 3 compare to GW2
    Valar morghulis

15+ Year Old Account
    I was about to reply and then saw who the OP is.

Nvm, its a good game and u should stop playing it and leave this forum

Even if there are 100k copys sold im satisfied, because I love it and dont care what U think.

Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congratulations jaylock another excellent thread started, simple bit of googling would have shown you, or even use the mmo search. Guess you managed to get the bites you wanted. the launch was a big success but after cataclysm started wiping the playerbase it was never going to be as high.

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 06:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    that's laughable, even now a few months into the game I am still working on new gear items with better stats. Still have 6 slots to build on its not cosmetic at all. Eventually I will have the luxury of doing so.

You obviously haven't played the game. Even then the customisation per character is amazing and I'm still looking for gear that will totally make me viable for dungeons/WvW/PvP

we have already one major patch, and another turning up on the 15th of this month. New content, no cost... keep paying the $15 and tell me how the dailies are working out for you.

What I'm basically saying is - subscription model of payment is not really worth the money considering what other game are offering for free. Don't get me wrong WoW was a great game but to keep paying money every month you should expect more. Times have changed. If WoW drops a content bomb then I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong. quote me if you like.
    I still dont believe that that halloween patch wasnt already mostly developed.

Deleted
    I still dont believe that that halloween patch wasnt already mostly developed.[/QUOTE]

And your point is? Arent 5.1 and 5.2 MOP patches already mostly developed, hell even firelands and Ulduar were already developed when their respective expansions were out. Whats your point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    That's like asking how did Warcraft 3 compare to GW2
    I can tell you one thing about those to, Warcraft 3 is hell of alot better than Guild Wars 2.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Because WoW is a fad game. It's about big numbers and flaunting it, at the boardroom and ingame.
    It's unusual to call a game that has managed to dominate its market segment for eight years a 'fad' exactly. And it's certainly not the only game on the planet where people like to see big numbers or where company board members like to see big sales.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    I can tell you one thing about those to, Warcraft 3 is hell of alot better than Guild Wars 2.
    Not even comparable games. One is a strategy and one is an mmo. Sadly you dodnt get what Karizee said in his post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I still dont believe that that halloween patch wasnt already mostly developed.
    Well of course it was. Any sort of game developer that has their brain hooked up to their spinal cord will create a pipeline of stuff to release in the first six-to-twelve months after launch.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."