Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Shadow priests and warlocks both have a ton of cc, defenses, and damage. They are simply far more powerful than a lot of other classes right now.
    Warlocks currently have (blood)fear and mortalcoil/howl of terror / shadowfury, that's 2 cc spells sir. ( Noone PvP's with pet )
    Every single class has more than 2 cc spells, yes, even paladins.

As for defenses, we have a few defensive cooldowns, on a 3 minute timer. They happen to be extremely effective against all those classes with offensive cooldowns on 2 minute timers or less /sarcasm.

As for damage, as far as I know warlocks hardly deal any damage unless free casting, and currently their burst, which still requires hardcasting, is balanced around dark soul, a dispellable buff on 2 minute cooldown....

If you have any problem with warlocks, you are either braindead, not level 90 or in green gear...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    ( Noone PvP's with pet )
    I think you're mistaken there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Warlocks currently have (blood)fear and mortalcoil/howl of terror / shadowfury, that's 2 cc spells sir. ( Noone PvP's with pet )
    Every single class has more than 2 cc spells, yes, even paladins.
    There are 3 CC's always available. Fear, or Blood Fear. Mortal Coil, Howl of Terror, or Shadowfury. Seduction. Demonology Warlocks can replace seduction with Axe Toss and also gain Sleep when in Demon form (Both Dark Apotheosis and Metamorphosis). You can't ignore the pet because a warlock that PvP's without a pet would still sacrifice the pet through Grimorie of Sacrifice but that also removes Axe Toss from the equation.

Warlocks have great kit for both offense, support, and defense.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    any lock that's decent and has been around for a while doesnt like the way destro handles at the moment either. it's not fun and constricting and the skill cap is chopped in half from cata destro..dmg was cata destro's only problem.. and blizzard took what we whined about with chaos bolt and turned it into a monster.

aff needs to come back.

that said... anyone claiming that destro locks are more of an issue than spriest and mages is fkn retarded. sorry. they arent in a terrible spot.. its manageable, but lets be real...lol. if you dont see him coming and he pops all cds and CBs you, its basically the same as a warrior popping 1 shot macro and you standing beside him or 3 secs. gonna hurt.. pay attention.
    Well said. I personally agree that having one ability hit for so much is ridiculous, but in this case that isn't even enough to put us on a decent level. Has anybody checked warlock representation in 3v3? It's in the 3 least represented classes.
    If warlocks are going to get nerfed, then there has to be compensation. And yes, Blood Fear is retarded. Also, Warlocks have the 2nd shortest CC chain between all casters (elemental shamans are behind).

10+ Year Old Account
    The line between insanity and brilliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Yeah Im not buying that you need to crit for 50% of someones health to kill a healer.
    50%? if someone has honor gear sitting on 58% res with CDs popped I cant get over 120k chaos bolts on them. I have full honor gear and 3 pieces of conquest stacking pvp power. Im sitting on 30%. These numbers people are pulling with 180k crits likely have no res gear on. Which is understandable. I think your position is slightly jaded.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    This idea that locks are really any worse off then mages or shadow priests or warriors is laughable. Instant fear, immunity, Chaos Bolts for 50% of someones health, AOE that covers the whole arena... top of the line burst, cc, survival tools. The only problem locks have is that shadow priest healing makes them a better class to bring and they lost their arena spots.

And for RBGs locks are almost mandatory for the CC and utility they bring not to mention 1 shotting the FC at 10 stacks.
    Take a look at the arenajunkies link that was posted regarding arena representation. Warlock is the 3rd worst class way behind mage and shadowpriest. Now if you are biased and don't like that, it is ok. Just don't post random garbage presenting them like they're facts.

Deleted
    Warlocks are seriously weak in arena

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylucifer View Post
    50%? if someone has honor gear sitting on 58% res with CDs popped I cant get over 120k chaos bolts on them. I have full honor gear and 3 pieces of conquest stacking pvp power. Im sitting on 30%. These numbers people are pulling with 180k crits likely have no res gear on. Which is understandable. I think your position is slightly jaded.
    If you are stacking PvP Power you should go over 45%. My Warrior has 2 Male pieces and weap and I am sitting at 48,02% Power

http://i46.tinypic.com/o8uwpi.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    If a destro lock is casting chaos bolt at you (3 second cast) a hunter can cast

Silencing Shot - 20 second cooldown, 3 second silence
    Intimidation - 1 minute cooldown, 3 second stun
    Feign Death - 20? second cooldown, target drop
    Disengage - 10? second cooldown, out of range of spell
    Deterrence - 1 minute cooldown, reflects Chaos Bolt/Conflagerate back at the lock
    Freezing Trap - 30? second cooldown, will freeze the lock in place before they finish their cast (and they wont move because they're casting)
    Line of Sight - 0 second cooldown, interrupts cast

If all of the above are already used, they can press Readiness to get these cooldowns back to do it again.

Outside of being stunned or feared, if a hunter ever gets hit by a chaos bolt its because they're doing it wrong.
    -We only have Silencing Shot if we talented in to it.
    -He could use Intimidation if his pet could get over there fast enough.
    -Feign Death has a nasty habit of failing sometimes. But he could use it.
    -Disengage is a 25 second CD, 15 talented. Disengage is not Blink and if the Hunter is within 20 yards of the Warlock he will not be able to get out of range with that.
    -Deterrence is a 2 minute CD, 1 minute talented. It only spell reflects if glyphed (there are much better options).
    -Freezing Trap wouldn't work because by the time the trap armed the cast would have gotten off, and this is assuming the hunter didn't place a frost trap.
    -Scatter Shot would work if the target is within 20 yards.
    -There are not many places to LoS within 5 seconds in a BG.
    -Readiness is a 5 minute CD.

I am not saying that he couldn't have avoided it but there are a lot of variables, variables which you seem to not know since you do not even know the CDs of Hunter abilities and assumed that every Hunter specced into Silencing Shot and Glyphed Deterrence. The fact remains no class should be able to pull off this much burst. There are many offenders (BM Hunters, Destro Warlocks, Arms Warriors and Frost Mages).

Deleted
    What abilities crited so high then?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Destro warlocks are a bit out of control.
    I completely agree, if they were able to be blasting chaos bolts out freely they were being left completely out of control, people should try and do something about it. I remember reading a while ago that to be good at pvp the most important thing was to learn what OTHER classes can do, this seems like a case of the OP not doing anything to interrupt the massive rampup on CB.

Yes, hunters have CDs - but it's not THAT often that every single one is on CD, if you get caught in an RBG with your pants down, just suck it up and respawn - chances are the player who caught you will have his turn soon enough.

That said - I'd love to see some changes to warlocks. It's no fun hitting for nothing while ramping up, then having people cry for nerfs after you actually do something. They completed neutered affliction pvp in MOP with that crappy malefic grasp and drain life nerf, I'd love to see it make a comeback but our dev has just been fired, so no doubt the crying over warlocks will result in more nerfs taking us to the bottom of the barrel.

See you soon rogues.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2012-11-02 at 08:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are 3 CC's always available. Fear, or Blood Fear. Mortal Coil, Howl of Terror, or Shadowfury. Seduction. Demonology Warlocks can replace seduction with Axe Toss and also gain Sleep when in Demon form (Both Dark Apotheosis and Metamorphosis). You can't ignore the pet because a warlock that PvP's without a pet would still sacrifice the pet through Grimorie of Sacrifice but that also removes Axe Toss from the equation.

Warlocks have great kit for both offense, support, and defense.
    No warlock in their right mind runs with seduction in serious 3s. It shares a DR with both Fear and Howl and you give up Axe Toss (Demo) or Silence. Demo Warlocks also don't gain sleep, we replace fear with sleep. So we trade our fear for an incapacitate. So we have a total of 3 CC's available depending on what talents/pets we run.

Just take a look at this thread and then please try to complain about Warlock utility, defense or CC again.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-survivability
    Last edited by Kildragon; 2012-11-02 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Destro warlocks are a bit out of control.

I got hit with a 225k shadowburn crit the other day, I had around 47% resil. (The lock was well geared and probably had zerking).

I just think their burst needs to be toned down slightly.

I wished Kill Shot would hit that hard.
    Last edited by gaeria; 2012-11-02 at 08:52 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gaeria View Post
    :O I wished Kill Shot would hit that hard.
    I Play a War and I would love to have a Kill Shot or Shadowburn, because sometimes I find myself ragestarved just when I get him in execute range.... stupid me

Quote Originally Posted by Youwow View Post
    I Play a War and I would love to have a Kill Shot or Shadowburn, because sometimes I find myself ragestarved just when I get him in execute range.... stupid me
    If only Shadowburn didn't cost 1 burning ember which takes 10 times as much time to get to than 30 rage...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    If only Shadowburn didn't cost 1 burning ember which takes 10 times as much time to get to than 30 rage...
    Just wait for 5.1 then it might be a lot easier.

I'd personally like to complain about the people complaining about warlocks, even though they like the information to do so. Seriously, if you want to reaasonably nerf something, get at least 70% of your facts straight, otherwise it's just useless QQ.
    And as Kildragon said, you trade Fear for Sleep, which is on the same DR. And before people go all "it has its uses vs a Warrior", just know that Dark Apotheosis is on a 10 second cooldown and drains your demonic fury down to 200 when you get out of it. Tough luck stance dancing... Plus, if you talented into Blood Fear, it doesn't even change.

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 10:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Youwow View Post
    Just wait for 5.1 then it might be a lot easier.
    So what you're saying is that ember generation should be buffed. And why do be buff abilities again?

10+ Year Old Account
    I play destro lock, don't pvp much but when I do people form a protective ring around me and I chaos bolt/shadowburn my ass off.

Though, we are the weakest spec for PVE raiding, so nerf us for pvp and we will utterly suck in the halls of PVE land.

Balance, such a wench.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    I'd personally like to complain about the people complaining about warlocks, even though they like the information to do so. Seriously, if you want to reaasonably nerf something, get at least 70% of your facts straight, otherwise it's just useless QQ.
    And as Kildragon said, you trade Fear for Sleep, which is on the same DR. And before people go all "it has its uses vs a Warrior", just know that Dark Apotheosis is on a 10 second cooldown and drains your demonic fury down to 200 when you get out of it. Tough luck stance dancing... Plus, if you talented into Blood Fear, it doesn't even change.

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 10:47 AM ----------

So what you're saying is that ember generation should be buffed. And why do be buff abilities again?
    Burning ermber generation is rather shit, but the damage from chaos bolt and shadowfury is just insane. And i think there was another abilitythat hits like 10 trucks too

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Execute hits approximately the same on leather and below.