Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    one time i was out questing and an alliance lock started attacking people.. oddly enough he was a destro lock and yes if u dont have pvp gear on chaos bolt does hit 250k.

the only change id make is blood fear needing 50% of your hp gone before it vanishes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Destro warlocks are a bit out of control.

I got hit with a 225k shadowburn crit the other day, I had around 47% resil. (The lock was well geared and probably had zerking).

I just think their burst needs to be toned down slightly.

shadowburn is an execute ability, ALL executes (except hammer of wrath) one shot people with no defensive cds or absorbs up because they can only be used when a person is on their last legs

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 12:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by casually View Post

the only change id make is blood fear needing 50% of your hp gone before it vanishes.
    blood fear needing 50% of your hp
    50% of your hp
    50%
    cant tell if trolling... or actually serious
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    i hate nerf threads i really do. im disapponted its a hunter calling for nerfs as its usually the domain of mages, ironically the only class consistantly OP since launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Youwow View Post
    Burning ermber generation is rather shit, but the damage from chaos bolt and shadowfury is just insane. And i think there was another abilitythat hits like 10 trucks too
    Well we all agree on that. But I can assure you that the REAL warlocks aren't happy with that model. Maybe the FotM rerollers that know nothing and just want to see big numbers are happy, but no self-respecting warlock is. It's not fun for the warlock and the person he's attacking to be honest: I spend countless minutes ramping up and creating a window of opportunity for my only hard hitting one trick poney burst, while you spend countless minutes focusing me and locking down, but face a ridiculous amount of damage if I actually do get Chaos Bolt off.
    It's not fun, but it's also not OP, if you get what I mean. It's just broken, in the sense that it's an annoying design in PvP because there's too much "extremes". I agree that no ability should hit that hard, but if it doesn't, then we become even more worthless. The design of a warlock's cost vs reward only works in PvE, however in PvP it fails miserably.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    Well we all agree on that. But I can assure you that the REAL warlocks aren't happy with that model. Maybe the FotM rerollers that know nothing and just want to see big numbers are happy, but no self-respecting warlock is. It's not fun for the warlock and the person he's attacking to be honest: I spend countless minutes ramping up and creating a window of opportunity for my only hard hitting one trick poney burst, while you spend countless minutes focusing me and locking down, but face a ridiculous amount of damage if I actually do get Chaos Bolt off.
    It's not fun, but it's also not OP, if you get what I mean. It's just broken, in the sense that it's an annoying design in PvP because there's too much "extremes". I agree that no ability should hit that hard, but if it doesn't, then we become even more worthless. The design of a warlock's cost vs reward only works in PvE, however in PvP it fails miserably.
    The problem started when blizzard got the idea that every spec should be PvP Viable. That just wont work because there is always this 1 spec that preforms better in PvP. So I dont get it why they just dont get a balanced PvP Spec. You dont c fury in high rated arena/rbg you dont see prot in high rated arena. but you do see Arms in High rated arena and RBG

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocknrule View Post
    -We only have Silencing Shot if we talented in to it.
    All good hunters talent into silencing shot.

-He could use Intimidation if his pet could get over there fast enough.
    Imagining for a second that your pet isn't already on the warlock for some unknown reason after the warlock has built up sufficient burning embers on you and has begun popping their cooldowns, intimidating has a 100 yard range, and hunter pets move incredibly fast, many of them dash, some of them charge - so even if they were like 200 yards away from you and re-appeared at your side after you failed to manage it, or even if it were 199 yards away from you and you called it back, it could still traverse 99 yards to get in range of the 100 yard Intimidation inside 3 seconds. I don't see the problem.

-Feign Death has a nasty habit of failing sometimes. But he could use it.
    Feign Death doesn't have a nasty habit of failing, feign death never fails unless a) the spell is already in the air according to the server, or b) your target expects you to FD and is spam clicking you so that as soon as you FD, they immediately cast at you anyways - feign death always drops target - which is what you need for stopping a chaos bolt cast.

-Disengage is a 25 second CD, 15 talented. Disengage is not Blink and if the Hunter is within 20 yards of the Warlock he will not be able to get out of range with that.
    Disengage is a 15 second cooldown if you take CT,HC - which all good pvp hunters do. Disengage does not need to be blink to get out of range of a 3 second cast, the third of a second travel time is more than adequate. Why in a hunter vs. warlock 1v1 would the hunter be within 20 yards of the lock unless line of sight was a concern? (in which case, you should line of sight not disenage obviously - or use any of the other options here).

-Deterrence is a 2 minute CD, 1 minute talented. It only spell reflects if glyphed (there are much better options).
    Deterrence is a 1 minute CD if you take CT,HC - which again, all good pvp hunters take. It only reflects spells if you take glyph of Mirrored Blades, which is the only 'mandatory' hunter glyph.

-Freezing Trap wouldn't work because by the time the trap armed the cast would have gotten off, and this is assuming the hunter didn't place a frost trap.
    Please explain under what circumstance a hunter places a frost trap when fighting a warlock, are you kiting felhunters? Freezing trap will actually fire, land, and arm faster than the chaos bolt cast, launch + arm is only actually 1.5 seconds (about 1 gcd). I know it feels much longer than that because trying to trap moving players requires you lead them a bit, but a casting warlock isnt moving - and even factoring the half second reaction time of the average human being (gamers generally have double or faster the average reaction time, so that's being pretty liberal here) that's still a full second faster than the chaos bolt cast time. Haste does bring that down, but haste is also destructions worst stat for pvp by far - so you won't see haste stacking destro locks - 3 second cast times in this case really are 3 second cast times.

-Scatter Shot would work if the target is within 20 yards.
    It would work if you were 30 yards, maybe even 40 yards away as well - since you could run into 20 yard range if you knew you had to land it and still scatter before their cast went off.

-There are not many places to LoS within 5 seconds in a BG.
    Yes there are, you're talking to someone who plays 2 priests and a lock competitively - all I do is LoS people all day and wait for dots/hots to tick, there is LoS everywhere - effective use of LoS is key to all classes in pvp - but ranged classes especcially (hunters included).

-Readiness is a 5 minute CD.
    I don't understand how this is detracts from my point, you press readiness - then you press the above defensive buttons all again - whether you can press readiness once every 5 minutes or not - is not a rebuttal of what readiness does.

I am not saying that he couldn't have avoided it but there are a lot of variables, variables which you seem to not know since you do not even know the CDs of Hunter abilities and assumed that every Hunter specced into Silencing Shot and Glyphed Deterrence. The fact remains no class should be able to pull off this much burst. There are many offenders (BM Hunters, Destro Warlocks, Arms Warriors and Frost Mages).
    There really aren't that many variables - I even went through the trouble of listing all the hunter-side variables in my post and explaining how they prevent chaos bolt from landing, and then mentioning the warlock side ones - "outside of fear or shadowfury (stun), a hunter should never get hit by a chaos bolt" - which are the only warlock-side variables. All variables accounted for. Whether Disengage is a 10 second or 15 second cooldown is not a variable in this, because the function of disengage is the same regardless of whether you are capable of pushing it 5 seconds more often - you push it, you traverse 20+ yards in a third of a second - the cooldown isn't actually relevant, and your reaching at straws to suggest that it is. Again, all good hunters are specced into silencing shot and glyph of mirrored blades - but especcially when entering a duel or arena against a warlock: and especcially again against a destro lock.

Chaos Bolt damage probably is too high when you stack crit / mastery and pop Dark Soul / Trinket - but that burst is literally Destructions entire game and despite being all that the spec has going for it - it still isn't even in the same league as the burst of BM hunters / warriors / frost mages or even frost dks. A nerf to Chaos Bolt shouldn't even be on the list until the real issues of pvp balance this season are addressed - and when it is - I can pretty much guarentee you it will be a nerf to the specific abilities burst potential, but probably if anything - a significant buff to warlocks overall.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2012-11-02 at 12:07 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Oh yeah, pls nerf warlocks, the second worst class behind rogues in arena....oh wait

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Yeah Im not buying that you need to crit for 50% of someones health to kill a healer.
    If all your other spells hit like weak noodles, it better hit damn hard to compensate for all the other 90% of the time where you're barely putting any pressure on the healer's manapool.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

10+ Year Old Account
    The line between insanity and brilliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youwow View Post
    If you are stacking PvP Power you should go over 45%. My Warrior has 2 Male pieces and weap and I am sitting at 48,02% Power

http://i46.tinypic.com/o8uwpi.jpg
    I dont have my weapon yet, been having some non wow issues. Hence the 29.8% or w/e it is

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    ive not noticed any insane damage from warlocks, they are a rather easy class to shut down, i dont think they need a damage nerf. whats needed is a fear nerf, reduce the damage threshold of fear by about 10% and its much better. thats really the only problem i am having with warlock at the moment, is being nearly killed within the fear.
    Fear breaks when a fly farts, what more do you want? Make it last 1 second?

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    They are not fine, supposedly ele shaman are "fine" which makes warlocks massively over powered. You have more cc, more hp, more defensive abilities, far far more burst, you even have better healing and you do it without having to stop doing damage. Warlocks are superior to elemental shaman in every single way.
    Anyone and i mean anyone that sais the slightest thing about warlocks (any spec) then he deserves to have BM hunters Warriors facing in the arena all the time. U dare to speak about warlocks? its the most balance class atm cause anything pretty awesome he does it comes with a freaking cost ( big cast times-time to build up-no burst for other specs etc).U dare to compare warlocks that have a lvl 87 skill which is 1st copy from another spell with more graphics and 2nd the shitiest spell from all casters from all schools of magic of all MMOs, while ppl took execute, ascedance, etc. he took a faster way to move ? or a way to confuse his team cause they cant reach their target who is standing in the portal and laughing at u? U dare to speak about warlocks crit huge? yes destro locks are doing so like 4 years now but u are all too feared to play lock-destro lock and u are not used to his mechanics u are all hidding behind patheticness of an affliction (who atm is far more boosted than any other spec) and u cant do anything against a destro lock WHO IN THE END IS CASTING 2.5 sec spells in front of "yes i have interupt too" class atm.
    I used to be only destro spec lock for 4,5 years and yes that made me having 1650 rating only but when i was looking to me i was proud and honored ( and yes the Furious season that every retard was playing destro lock back in Wotlk i was in army) now im playing Retri pally caus i want to remember my lock as he was with strenght and honor not like now with "ill hide behind warriors ass in the bg and ill w8 for chaosbolt-print screen-roflmao-QQ funny moment" style.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kildragon View Post
    No warlock in their right mind runs with seduction in serious 3s. It shares a DR with both Fear and Howl and you give up Axe Toss (Demo) or Silence.
    And gain Seduction and Whiplash. Despite sharing Diminishing returns seduction is still a powerful CC when used by a capable Warlock. Since you bring up 3's you have two other targets to focus on, and as a demonology warlock you can remove one of the shared diminishing returns from the equation. Axe toss share's diminishing returns with shadow fury so you are still taking a hit from diminishing returns.

I was never complaining about Warlock utility, defense or pvp, hence why you know I said they have a great kit for all 3. I was just pointing out to a poster that they left out potential CC from a warlock when listing what warlocks have. Just because you are unwilling to do something in arena doesn't mean it is a viable and useable CC.

Everything depends on your Comp, spec, ability and opponents. Sometimes a Seduction and Whiplash will be better then a Silence. You only become a bad player when you close off potential possibilities just because "LoL no one would use them"
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Destro warlocks are a bit out of control.

I got hit with a 225k shadowburn crit the other day, I had around 47% resil. (The lock was well geared and probably had zerking).

I just think their burst needs to be toned down slightly.

That is an execute, you were already dead. L2P

If you know how the class work, you should never lose to a Destro and know that it is a terrible spec, unless we're speaking playing the turret game in BG

Deleted
    Yea let's nerf locks because some random shit player died on a bg against one

Deleted
    WAIT WHAT?

A hunter talking about nerfing other classes ...... OK THEN. /leave thread.

Locks are fine atm, that sounds like a one off lucky situation that you could of dealt with if you did the right thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VelmuVeera View Post
    this should be the only response in this thread.hahah

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post

^ F'ing Winning post right here.

Desto is a one hit (lol pun) wonder in PVP, Focus them and they break, If they can do shit, then they cant build embers so zero CBs. Desto needs a tuning so that you cant get locked down so easy because you dont have any embers.
    Last edited by the0o; 2012-11-02 at 06:54 PM.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

You admit you're not good at PvP and then complain about 1v1 balance?

Go on...

Let's be real, though. One time I ran around naked in a BG and a holy paladin meleed me to death. NERF THE FUCKING SHIT OUT OF HOLY PALADINS.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    Quoted for accuracy.

I will burn your soul.