Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    I don't know about that (or care!) since I am not playing WoW, I was just trying to shut down the idea that TB rep was a horrible rep grind as brought up earlier in the thread, because it really wasn't.
    Compared to todays rep, it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hate dailies, always have in any game.

Loving the raids though, and the 5 mans, even though too easy, are fun. From what I've done of the challenge modes, they are fun, unless with idiots.

The new continent is great to look at. Very well designed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Compared to todays rep, it was.
    How do you figure?

You got the items you needed while you were raiding - no need for dailies, dungeon rep runs or anything. Guilds decided for themselves how many people they wanted to have rep up with the faction (if any!). In fact, the Thorium Brotherhood had nothing remotely grindish about it until they added the Incendiosaurs quests to get to friendly (or was it honored?). It was an intelligently designed faction that gave guilds a choice on how many materials to spend on rep and how many to spend on gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Management View Post
    I think the rep grind isn't very though or anything. What I really hate is
    1. Warriors and BM hunters crushing me in PvP.
    2. All the freaking stuns/lockouts/silences/CC's/whatever. There are just too many blizz. Please, fix nao!
    3. No honor weapons. Really blizz? Why should I as a PvPer have to do dungeons to get weapons? That's just ridiculous. It's not like PvEers have to do PvP to stay competitive. Shame on you blizz.
    4. Gnomes. Remove them from the game already.

That's about all the bashing I have in me right now.
    It has never been honor weapons in the first season of an expansion, as far as I remember. And if they did add them - everyone PvEing would have to farm honor to get a weapon fast.
    You do get a 450 weapon from some quest if I dont recall wrong. And that should be OK for the first few weeks untill you can get a conq wep. PvPers have always been "forced" to do PvE to get the best items, atleast they changed that now! (Thinking about trinkets and stuff...)
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

I'm loving MoP. The game is way more accessible and entertaining to play, and is no longer a total chore. And Ive been playing since vanilla.

Yes, I love how Blizz is nerfing the game. Eat me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Management View Post
    I'm just saying I don't like spending all my gaming time on doing dungeons in hopes of getting better weapons. I want to do PvP, and I think I should be able to buy honor weapons, at least something related to PvP to get better weapons. I mean, how hard can it be to add some honor weapons to the game?
    Find a blacksmith?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    It has never been honor weapons in the first season of an expansion, as far as I remember. And if they did add them - everyone PvEing would have to farm honor to get a weapon fast.
    You do get a 450 weapon from some quest if I dont recall wrong. And that should be OK for the first few weeks untill you can get a conq wep. PvPers have always been "forced" to do PvE to get the best items, atleast they changed that now! (Thinking about trinkets and stuff...)
    Blizzard stated they wanted to separate pvp and pve, thats why they gave us pvp power but they failed to do so.

They should have made honor weapon hit as much as scenario rewards but with tons of pvp power but they fail like usual when it comes to us pvpers that are now an extreme minority cause of how Blizzard cares about us.

Lol look at the pvp servers and tell me how many pve guilds there are. Compare to vanilla/BC. I remember that my server had just one pve guild. Now every guild is pve.

I'm enjoying it so far, but I'm not a raider or someone that works on progression content so I haven't started in on the dailies yet.

I've been leveling alts with friends and farming old content for transmorgs/rep/achieve/mounts/etc. Also leveled up pet battles. Next I'll probably work on tradeskills/farming/archeology/lorewalkers/pet collecting.

I stopped playing shortly after hitting 85 in cataclysm and never really worked on my tradeskills/etc so I have some catching up.

After all that is mostly taken care of then I might consider doing some normal dungeons and working a tad on progression. I like to make sure I have everything else in order before delving into progression content.

Unless of course a shiny new MMO comes along to distract me, after Cataclysm it was SWTOR which I'm mostly done with for the time being.

I'm enjoying it very much so. More so than any other expansion to be honest. Pandaria managed to capture that Explorer-like joy of seeing a new land. The leveling was actually fun (Unlike cataclysm, where I hated Vashj'ir, Loathed Deepholm, and utterly DESPISED Uldum, Hyjal was so-so at best, and the only zone I actually ENJOYED was Twilight Highlands)

On MoP? Jade Forest? best zone ever. Period.

Krasarang Wilds and Valley of the Four Winds? So-so. Not bad, but not as good as the other zones.

Kun-Lai and Townlong Steepes? Awesome.

Dread Wastes? ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT.

Even their dailies are great, I went through the rep grind in TBC, and lemme tell ya, this is miles better. The paragon buffs on the dread wastes manage to make them interesting, and the shado-pan champions on their dailies are awesome. Even the August Celestial dailies are amazing (Xuen I <3 you ^^)

So yeah, I'm enjoying this expansion.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    Exactly. To all the whiners wailing about Dailies, Thorium Brotherhood called from Vanilla to call you soft.
    I usually just ignore your comments, but this one was just too stupid...

I would much rather grind a whole lot of rep for a specific faction for 8-9 hours whenever i please, instead of grinding X amount rep for all the factions within the alotted timeframe.

To all the retards who whine about daily-quest haters: go kill yourself and do the world a favor.

If blizzard were not such complete idiots, they would accumulate your "allowed/unspent" rep grind like rested xp.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2012-11-02 at 05:03 PM.

No, I quit.

Catching up on some of the awesome games ive missed over 7 years.

I was, then I ran in to the whole "You have to do dailies for 2 months if you want to do anything else" and I dropped that shit and started playing Ragnarok.

Quote Originally Posted by Hovsa View Post
    To all the retards who whining about daily-quest haters: go kill yourself and do the world a favor.
    No problem I will go end my life because I don't like an aspect of the game.

I hate dailies and I hate that we have to do a repetitive action a limited amount of times a day to gain access to another aspect of the game that has nothing to do with collecting 10 bear asses for months.
    Last edited by Demox; 2012-11-02 at 03:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    You're up in arms about something you never had and never knew you were going to have until more recent times, now you're pissed off because it turns out you might not get it, even though nobody ever actually said you were getting it anyway?
    Turns out painting a bunch of circles on the floor is all it takes to totally trivialize an encounter designed by Blizzard's dev team. I guess it must be pretty scary when your best work is broken down and utterly defeated by trigonometry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quit because of the dailies.. Character models still not done.. Playing guild wars 2 then coming back to wow is a nightmare.. Raids are nothing like ulduar, plain and boring. I quit and wont play another blizzard game until titan is released...
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    No, it really wasn't. There were plenty of alternatives outside of the faction, though it's true that the Thorium Brotherhood provided the BEST FR gear. But that's all irrelevant anyway as my point still stands - the Thorium Brotherhood can't be compared to modern day rep grinds. TB rep was gained from raid drops, and each raid of 40 people "needed" exactly 3 people to grind rep with them - a tailor, a leatherworker and a blacksmith. Or, hell, not even that - you could skip it completely and ask outside crafters to do the work for you.
    So to make sure I understand.

There was fire resist gear, but the BEST fire resist gear came from Thorium Brotherhood.
    You can raid in full heroic blues, but the BEST raid prep gear comes from Rep factions.

Thorium Brotherhood, you could have someone else craft that gear for you.
    Rep factions you can have someone else craft gear for you.

Thorium Brotherhood was more raid prep, but not actual raid gear.
    Rep factions offer gear of equal level to raid gear.

I think it's fairly comparable. The issue is that people think "valor gear" is a necessity for raiding. It's the best gear available outside of raids, but it's not a necessity.

The dailies debate stems from Blizzard yet again double dipping on giving us ways to make the game easier. They have a habit of implementing an improvement, then another that stacks with the previous improvement rather than adjusting the previous with the inclusion of the new. If the daily association had been introduced at the start of Wrath, we'd be pretty comfortable with it and just about everyone complaining would LOVE the option of getting this stuff through solo content because it could be a pain rounding up people online at the same time wanting to run specific heroics.

But we got LFG, which made grouping a simple "click of the button" and with that click of the button we got instant grind for rep via tabards. Then we got rep plus badges for raid gear. Then rep plus justice points plus valor for raid gear. Now we've got them separated again with solo progression towards raid gear (dailies) and group progression towards raid gear (heroics, LFR, and raiding).

To further add to the curious situation, if we look back at TBC where all this badge and non-raid epics business started, the epics you could get from the factions were actually lower ilvl than Karazhan (including Ogri'la and Skyguard which were introduced later in the expansion). In fact, they were lower ilvl than some rare quality items.

In Wrath, it became equal to Naxxramas gear so essentially you got raid gear from rep. However, was content gated? Yes. You couldn't simply queue and run heroics. You could run each heroic once per day after you compiled your group. LFG then ungated it at the end of Wrath, which was accepted well but with no gating in Cataclsym, players quickly ran out of things to do. Combined with slow cycle time on patches and minimal content release in that expansion, it made for a poorly received experience.

The daily grind in MoP is really little different than the gated time sink of the Wrath grind. It's just done differently by putting the dailies as the gate rather than the heroic lock out and lack of LFG as the gate. We got a little spoiled with Cataclysm having zero barriers to our content consumption.

That said, I could see a future implementation where daily rep grind factions are for crafting patterns and cosmetic rewards (on use, consumable, transmog, pets, mounts) and gear is through heroics, etc. However, with the ilvl upgrade feature going in, I wouldn't be surprised if we see valor gear no longer included at all from now on and the progression becomes Heroics > Justice points upgrade rare quality heroic gear > LFR/Raid > Valor upgrades LFR/Raid gear > Next Tier of LFR/Raid possibly still with heroics through the expansion cycle.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2012-11-02 at 04:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, quite a bit. There's a lot more to MoP than dailies though. Quite a bit more in fact.

As for dailies, I don't do all of them and I don't do them every day. People that obsess on them are mysterious to me.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I am enjoying it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    So to make sure I understand.

There was fire resist gear, but the BEST fire resist gear came from Thorium Brotherhood.
    You can raid in full heroic blues, but the BEST raid prep gear comes from Rep factions.

Thorium Brotherhood, you could have someone else craft that gear for you.
    Rep factions you can have someone else craft gear for you.

Thorium Brotherhood was more raid prep, but not actual raid gear.
    Rep factions offer gear of equal level to raid gear.

I think it's fairly comparable. The issue is that people think "valor gear" is a necessity for raiding. It's the best gear available outside of raids, but it's not a necessity.
    I don't think it's comparable at all. Thorium Brotherhood rep was:

Aimed solely at crafters. It gave no benefit at all outside of crafting.

Aimed solely at guilds as guild projects. It awarded no personal benefit, and all the craftables were BoEs.

The way to gain rep was to turn in items dropped in the Molten Core; guilds naturally gained those items as they raided. There was no personal grind of any kind involved.

People bring up TB as an example of a bad rep grind, when it was in fact one of the least grindiest reputations WoW ever had. It's silly.