Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Brusalk's BIS Trinket List - All 3 Specs

Hello!

You may have seen my post in the affliction trinkets thread but I'm finally done with the trinket calculations for all 3 specs in both BIS and Pre-Raid stat profiles.

Link

About the spreadsheet:

It provides the numbers for 6 different stat profiles, Affliction, Demo and Destruction with both a BiS and Pre-Raid stat profile. The trinkets' values are automatically calculated based off of the stat-values at the top of the spreadsheet. The values also include optimal reforging for their spec, reforging the secondary stat on the trinket to the highest option.

I'm planning on getting sorting based off of profile working, but I've run into a complication that will take some time to work out.

If you are interested in personal trinket lists then you can make a copy of the spreadsheet (File->Save Copy) and alter any of the existing stat profiles with your custom stat-weights.

Please let me know if you see/find any inaccuracies!

10+ Year Old Account
    Very nicely done, much appreciated. This will be a one link solution to all the different trinket questions on the forums. Being able to change the stat weights for our selves is an especially nice touch.

EDIT: Interesting results btw. You have DMC Relic coming out ahead of Light of the Cosmos, while Simcraft profile has Light of the Cosmos as the 2nd trinket. Any idea what causes this?
    Last edited by xskarma; 2012-10-09 at 12:17 AM.

I'm confused regarding the Zen Alchemist Stone. I've been testing it on the dummy and sometimes it procs on ICD (55 sec) while other times it can go up to several minutes before it procs again.

Anyone got any input? Is it best just not to use it?

@Kanath you sure you werent missing procs or anything? i just tested mine and it proced pretty much in sync with my ICD tracker.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    wish i could get relic of yulon esp being destro
    just way too much gold fire some chaos bolts off with that proc it would be insane
    the direbrew trinket is nice for chaos bolts as well but the proc isnt long enuf

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Very nicely done, much appreciated. This will be a one link solution to all the different trinket questions on the forums. Being able to change the stat weights for our selves is an especially nice touch.

EDIT: Interesting results btw. You have DMC Relic coming out ahead of Light of the Cosmos, while Simcraft profile has Light of the Cosmos as the 2nd trinket. Any idea what causes this?
    This is not taking into account proc chances on trinkets. It's essentially assuming that the trinket procs the exact millisecond the ICD comes of which is hardly accurate, so all results from this list should be taken with a relatively large pinch of salt.

10+ Year Old Account
    request sticky plz kthx

Quote Originally Posted by Heatuss View Post
    @Kanath you sure you werent missing procs or anything? i just tested mine and it proced pretty much in sync with my ICD tracker.
    You're affliction, right?

I'll do some more testing today.

My suggestion would be to replace your current averaged proc value calculations with the results of a simulation evaluating only the procs of the trinkets, using this file: http://code.google.com/p/simulationc...ket_procs.simc

I'd be more inclined to add to what I have as opposed to discarding it entirely.

I'm not understanding the entire scheme,soz. But for Affliction which trinkets you would go?

1- Vision of the Predator
    2-FlashFrozen Resin Globule
    3-Mithril Stopwatch (Brewfest boss)

In my opinion I would go for 1st and 2nd options. I didn't sim it tho, I will do it when I come home.

Wow.....is alchemy trinket really that good ? I've been sitting on that quest since 86......479ilvl, with predator+stopwatch trinket 0o
    "DPS is science, healing is art, tanking is strategy."

I prefer to not go into details, but there has to be something wrong with Light of Cosmos only increasing 350 dps when switching from normal to heroic in BiS gear as affliction (and even less for other specs).

Thanks for this spreadsheet !

Another thing that bugs me : how can Essence of Terror N be behind Light of the Cosmos N while the order with the heroic versions of theses trinkets is the other way around ?

Deleted
    link leads nowhere atm , or is it me ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sster View Post
    link leads nowhere atm , or is it me ?
    Still works for me. It's just a google docs thingy, no idea why it wouldn't work for you.

So what you're telling me is that my Relic of Yulon will not be replaced at all this tier in regards to Affliction. Interesting I'd have thought (H)Light of Cosmos + (H)Essence of Terror would be better then (H)Essence of Terror + DMC:RoY.

Thanks for all the work

Your Essence of Terror proc values are off. Per WoWDB here http://www.wowdb.com/search?search=essence+of+terror

Heroic is 1300 INT, 7796 Haste proc
    Normal is 1152 INT, 6908 Haste proc
    RF is 1021 INT, 6121 Haste proc

As are your Light of the Cosmos values: http://www.wowdb.com/search?search=light+of+the+cosmos

Heroic is 1218 Haste, 3653 INT proc
    Normal is 1079 Haste, 3236 INT proc
    RF is 956 Haste, 2866 INT proc

The Jade Magistrate values appear to be off too, but since only Normal exists (I think?) it doesn't matter.

Brusalk, update this IMO.