Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It's sad when someone is ganked by a lvl 90 n a shitty zone like in the middle of Feralas, I called that a spineless motherfucker asshole

But expected to get ganked at the Dark portal , thats where the party is taking place, even place like Tanaris or any other neutral village

And for fuck sake, don't do the quest in Thrallmare, do LFD and run away to Zangarmarsh asap.

Learn how to play, learn where are the red zone, do LFD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    It's sad when someone is ganked by a lvl 90 n a shitty zone like in the middle of Feralas, I called that a spineless motherfucker asshole

But expected to get ganked at the Dark portal , thats where the party is taking place, even place like Tanaris or any other neutral village

And for fuck sake, don't do the quest in Thrallmare, do LFD and run away to Zangarmarsh asap.

Learn how to play, learn where are the red zone, do LFD
    Ganking in the middle of a zone like feralas or winterspring is the best. I would much rather gank there, and gank often than in a starter zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Engaging in combat with someone more than 5 levels below you isn't fun. If they engage you, knock yourself out, but attacking someone who has no standing chance is just wrong if you ask me.

PvP realms = World PvP, if you don't do it there's no point in playing on a PvP server. Damn right it's morally okay!

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 05:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Engaging in combat with someone more than 5 levels below you isn't fun. If they engage you, knock yourself out, but attacking someone who has no standing chance is just wrong if you ask me.
    I think the reasoning behind this is trying to get them to call backup, so you can then call your friends. Also, someone making a level 1 to try and falme you is rediculously funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Whats the point of this thread? It's a video game, morals went out the window when I logged in.
    Nice troll.

That's the problem with kids and [insert descriptive text] today, they think they are teleported into video games, when actually they are sat at a PC/TV still on Earth.

Oh silly billies.

When I created characters on a PvP realm I fully understood what consequences I may suffer. While it can be annoying getting camped by that one undead rogue in STV for a good half hour, I have absolutely nothing to complain about, I CHOSE A PVP REALM!

I will never understand how people get so furious when it comes to ganking, they had a choice and they chose it.

While I admit that I'm absolute trash at PVP, I understand that some people enjoy it, and I don't mind world PVP in the least. What I don't understand is someone who makes their personal goal of the game to be preventing other people from playing it. As a perfect example, the other night on my server there was a group of allies doing nothing but killing hordies doing Golden Lotus dailies. They killed me a couple of times, and I didn't think on it too much because there's plenty of other stuff to do. So I ran a dungeon, came back, they were still there. Went to do Klaxxi dailies, came back, they were still there. Ran another dungeon, came back, sure enough, still there. I just don't get the fun in killing someone who's at 60% health four-on-one, but these guys were into it for at least two and a half hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle View Post

I will never understand how people get so furious when it comes to ganking, they had a choice and they chose it.
    maybe because they choose a server with and advantage on their faction like a low pop server with 5 horde for 1 alliance, then I choose Horde becuase I want to do quest and a little bit of pvp
    and now with CRZ, ratio don't exist anymore, low pop or high mean nothing

Like one of friend who start a toon on my server just to play with me, now he's fucked up, he can't quest

I just think Blizzard should give free xfert to pve realm to those people

Deleted
    I know these days parents let their five-year-olds on their computers and let them play all kinds of games. That's the world today, unfortunately. Back in the early 90s, there were no "rules" online, not really. Forums, IRC channels, games... They were all policed by their respective admins, who decided what goes.

Nowadays, you have to act all PC everywhere. There's no wild west online anymore. If you break the rules, in some countries you go to jail.

This is why anything allowed by the rules should be embraced. Ganking is allowed. It's a way of life on PvP. Camping is allowed, and while dickish, it's a part of living on a PvP realm. You should've known what you were signing up to.

Killing someone who's playing a computer, is it "morally OK"? You're disrupting the completely and utterly useless waste of time of some first worlder. Yeah. It's morally OK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    maybe because they choose a server with and advantage on their faction like a low pop server with 5 horde for 1 alliance, then I choose Horde becuase I want to do quest and a little bit of pvp
    and now with CRZ, ratio don't exist anymore, low pop or high mean nothing

Like one of friend who start a toon on my server just to play with me, now he's fucked up, he can't quest

I just think Blizzard should give free xfert to pve realm to those people
    PvP on a PvP server, working as intended.

Seriously, stop getting mad when you get ganked on a PVP server. Why did you roll there in the first place? Why didnt you and your friend roll a PvE server to avoid the ganking all together?

I used to care about this sort of thing. Then I migrated my warlock to a pve server. Sure, someone has every right to push lowbies over for hours on end. It doesn't make them a good person in real life and it most certainly doesn't do so in-game either, but who cares? Asking them to stop is just feeding them. Expecting them to be anything other than spineless cowards is a fool's errand. Better to just leave them all to be spineless cowards together.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    im in favor of honorable combat. when leveling if i come across an enemy player and theyre currently engaged with some mobs ill generally wait til theyre out of combat and healed up before ill engage them, but i never expect to get this in return

exceptions to this rule are if ive been taunted by them, /spit on, or not returned the favor (not that i hold anything against people who gank others at low health) of being given a chance.

as far as camping goes? i think its kind of a douche move to literally camp someone for an extended period of time, but again i dont hold anything against anyone who does it. its a pvp server and you know the risks of it being this way when you agree to it. i dont get all bent out of shape and nerd rage because someone decides they want to try and cause me frustration. games are ment to be enjoyable. if someone is giving me shit, i call friends to come help me, log in my main, or simply go to a completely different area/different toon.

you give the griefer/camper all the power if you get upset and angry. just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Rahtchetpvp View Post
    I think the reasoning behind this is trying to get them to call backup, so you can then call your friends. Also, someone making a level 1 to try and falme you is rediculously funny.
    If that is the case, then that makes sense. However, if you camp someone, and then run away when they call friends, then you had no intent on starting real PvP. You are basically just flexing your muscles. imho - that is kinda lame.

Morals?

It's a game.

If you want to restrict yourself with a personal code, fine. Just don't expect sympathy when another person does not and gets ahead.

"Buaaaaaaw! It's unfair!"
    "It's lame."

No one cares. It's just a game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcho View Post
    No one cares. It's just a game.
    First world problems.

Not really. Recently got a priest to 80, so ofc I go to Hyjal because Vash'jir can blow me.

I don't like getting one-shot by 90 players who've got nothing better to do than kill players who very obviously can't defend themselves.

Stop with the "you rolled a pvp server, grow some or leave"; it's not as much player versus player as it's "killed by one spell". I don't understand the fun with killing players who can't fight back. Firstly, the fighting is on the enemy's premises - they can leave before you've got a chance to even relog, secondly, dear mr. 90, if you want to show your skillz and kill people, press H, join Random Battleground, then impress fellow faction members and terrify the opposing one with some marvelous combat display, you fucking cunt

As for "why don't you get your 90?!"
    1. it's a rogue, not really the best in pvp as of now (based on what I've gathered, as I've not done a single BG at 90). 2. Not a single piece of pvp gear. 3. Daggers better than legendaries might be an idea, only that I don't have that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    PvP on a PvP server, working as intended.
    Yep, just like twink battlegrounds. PvPers asked for this, but in the end when Blizz delivered we found the true face of PvP in WoW -- exploiting the game to get their twinks in normal BGs and Blizz turning a blind eye to it. You know why twink battlegrounds failed did you? In WoW they just don't want to PvP with equally geared toons (e.g., about skill not gear imbalances), they just want to gank players 50 levels below them, "cuz".

Yeah, working as intended for sociopaths.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Yep, just like twink battlegrounds. PvPers asked for this, but in the end when Blizz delivered we found the true face of PvP in WoW -- exploiting the game to get their twinks in normal BGs and Blizz turning a blind eye to it. You know why twink battlegrounds failed did you? In WoW they just don't want to PvP with equally geared toons (e.g., about skill not gear imbalances), they just want to gank players 50 levels below them, "cuz".

Yeah, working as intended for sociopaths.
    You sound like you are mad in your replies. Its working as inteneded because the lowbie / noob / leveler KNOWS THE RULES BEFORE ROLLING ON THE SERVER.

If anyone is a sociopath, it is the lowbie who cries out foul play since they got ganked ON A PVP SERVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    You sound like you are mad in your replies. Its working as inteneded because the lowbie / noob / leveler KNOWS THE RULES BEFORE ROLLING ON THE SERVER.

If anyone is a sociopath, it is the lowbie who cries out foul play since they got ganked ON A PVP SERVER.
    Says the guy with the caps lock issue.

I guess it's the whole "if I use big letters, I'll stop being wrong" thing.