Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

difference between DayZ and WarZ

what are the gameplay differences between DayZ and WarZ ?
    is there any way to obtain a key for WarZ tests ?

It's simple.

The WarZ is a complete rip-off of the idea of DayZ.
    DayZ isn't.

There are plenty of people streaming WarZ @ http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/The%20War%20Z

You could check out the differences yourself!

It looks pretty good so far. The only obvious difference I would say is that DayZ is a war-simulator whereas WarZ sort of has an arcade feel to it. But it's a really beautiful looking game and differently worth checking out.

Warz is a bit more friendly to the average gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    It's simple.

DayZ isn't.
    So every game that does something similar is a ripoff of something else? Because if that's the case, there are a whooooooollllllleeeee lot of ripoffs in the market. In fact, pretty much everything would be a ripoff.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    So every game that does something similar is a ripoff of something else? Because if that's the case, there are a whooooooollllllleeeee lot of ripoffs in the market. In fact, pretty much everything would be a ripoff.
    I think the difference is "ripping off a concept" versus "ripping off almost every single aspect of a game and calling it something else."

Difference between WarZ and DayZ? Unreal 3 Engine vs Arma 2 engine.

That being said...the Arma 2 engine was the #1 thing that was holding DayZ back. Everything else in it is awesome.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2012-11-02 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    I

That being said...the Arma 2 engine was the #1 thing that was holding DayZ back. Everything else in it is awesome.
    Funnily enough the fact that Arma 2 engine simulates almoust everything to begin with is part of why DayZ could be so awesome as it was to begin with without huge rework to codebase.

You're just one of the general gamers you lack understanding on the depth that Arma 2 engine is built on, while promoting graphically superior engine with far less built in feature set.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    You know you can trust this guy ^^ he did his research. [/sarcasm]
    It's the the Eclipse engine.

OT: Without going crazy on detail, the main difference is; DayZ is a mod of a game, whereas WarZ is a game.
    Here is the WarZ megathread where you can find all of the info about the game. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...read-The-War-Z
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

It's simple.

DayZ isn't.
    WarZ was in production before DayZ was announced. Perhaps the name is a rip off, but the game is not.

I like the way the guns handle in WarZ more. It is so hard to aim in DayZ. It is graphically superior as well.

Still, can't wait for the DayZ stand alone to go into beta. I really want to see what they can change with this "ARMA 2.5" engine.

It's simple.

DayZ isn't.
    By this logic Dayz riped off left for dead or any other zombie game ever made right....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Chill out guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Im gona have to call bullshit on that seeing as how WarZ is a clone of the DayZ Mod and the only reason people know of WarZ is due to DayZ. Can you find me a source on your claim.
    I gotta agree. All I've seen WarZ do is leech off of the success of DayZ. And the only people I've seen claiming that WarZ was in development before DayZ are the people actually trying to sell the game. This video explains a lot of it very well!

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    I gotta agree. All I've seen WarZ do is leech off of the success of DayZ. And the only people I've seen claiming that WarZ was in development before DayZ are the people actually trying to sell the game. This video explains a lot of it very well!

"The only information coming out about the game is from the guys trying to sell it." Like every other developer/publisher ever? Yeah... That's where the info comes from, the guys making/selling the game.

"They're not going to game of the year, they're going for huge bank account." Like games from major publishers...

And his critiques of the visuals? If I'm not mistaken, this is a game with a smaller budget so I wouldn't expect the best looking visuals. Nobody really knocks Minecraft for having absolute shit visuals.

And the details he's talking about aren't usually talked about by developers (not all of them at least, some are), and they're claiming to be the first zombie survival MMO, which if I'm not mistaken is true? DayZ isn't a MMO if I'm correct, and the Undead Labs MMO isn't out yet.

This whole thing is so strange to me, there's all this vitriol and hate. And a developer/publisher needs to have a massive catalogue of games to be legit? So what about those devs or publishers that come out of pretty much nowhere? I can't remember hearing anything about En Masse before TERA, and nobody really heard about Mojang (that I know of) before Minecraft. There seems to be a TON of hate for this game and I still haven't seen any real reasons as to why.

Redit: Listening to/reading through some of this guys stuff on Youtube/Reddit he HATES HATES HATES the game and doesn't understand a thing about a pre-alpha/alpha game at all. Seriously, it's painful to listen to him talk.

Redit2: Listening to more videos, so if you like the game at all or are excited at all you're a fanboy according to him. And he's happy to take everyone's apologies because hew as right all along (even though he has yet to actually prove that). Class A douchebag.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-11-03 at 05:42 AM.

And who else sould be claiming WarZ was in production since X date? Some random guy who has zero evidence to backup his claims? Oh, never mind, it's a Rhino Crunch video.

10+ Year Old Account
    the name...

The company was originally making a game based on the World War Z Novel, and trying to use the Success of things like Left 4 Dead and The Walking Dead to make a game based around the "what would a normal person do in this situation"

The game was in development before Dayz was actually released, but as a different kind of game, with the Success of DayZ they decided to incorporate some of the good Ideas from DayZ into their already mid developed game.

Most people that spout "HURR DURR RIPOFF" have got to be downright stupid to think that a company completely started and got a game up to within Beta stages only a few months after DayZ got popular.

There is no Rip-off just a already constructed game then picking and choosing good features from another newly released game that people had liked and adding them to their own game.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Wow, now I am not a fan of this game at all. But it is clear the guy doing this video has seathing rage for no known reason. Like his whole thing about the name, well it was supposed to be based off of a book; One written in 2006. Plus I have played the previous games made by this company, i didnt like them personally, hence why I really doubt i will play. But a little research would of went far for this guys rant.

He is a moronic idiot.

Anyone who watches this video and leaves it agreeing with him follows his moronic train of thought.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

day z is a realistic sociopath simulator!

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    You know you can trust this guy ^^ he did his research. [/sarcasm]
    It's the the Eclipse engine.
    Then they changed it since I last cared to look. It was originally using UDK, aka: Unreal 3. But I commend you for your snark, you must be excited to be more accurate than someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Funnily enough the fact that Arma 2 engine simulates almoust everything to begin with is part of why DayZ could be so awesome as it was to begin with without huge rework to codebase.

You're just one of the general gamers you lack understanding on the depth that Arma 2 engine is built on, while promoting graphically superior engine with far less built in feature set.
    Ok what? Have you ever played DayZ? Graphics aren't everything. Connection problems, bi-weekly server/client version mismatches because of bohemia's "arma 2 beta patches" every other day, combined with dayz patches, hanging on connections, poor AI pathfinding in general, random shit killing you or breaking your legs (likely a dayz issue more than arma), and even though I said they're not everything...graphics, meh. Does the job for the scale of the game, but they're nothing special. Standalone might help, but you might want to clean the rose colored glasses.

Whatever, people here still don't understand the difference between copying a concept versus blatantly duplicating an entire game. It's not even about one being better than the other, but the question is "what's the gameplay differences?" Answer, fuck all.

Strangely ironic on the topic of "clones", Eclipse is the name of the engine BioWare made for Dragon Age.

edit: thank you Waaldo for prompting me to go read more on it. Arktos'/Online Warmonger's War Inc game was partnered with GamersFirst (where f2p games go to die) and pretty much killed future development on the game. Likely due to WarZ being their new cash maker. Sounds reputable lol. I give it 3 months after release before WarZ ends up there too.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2012-11-03 at 07:21 AM.