Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ontirektum View Post
    Ah, I thought it had the 25% even if it is 1HP or 3HP. But thinking about it just makes me feel dumb, it would be quite OP

Tested EF out with DP yesterday on the first five bosses in MSV 10m normal. And I must say that even though DP proccs are uncontrollable, it never got wasted. Personally I hated that I couldn't choose when to get the effect for those really bursty moments when you need an extra cooldown. Even though my healing output was overall abit better I will still stay with HA. It was quite fun though to get 7 proccs after each other doing crazy burst healing (especially when it was on Elegon when the whole raid took loads of dmg) or when you get three in a row succesfully putting out 3 HP EF in rapid succession on all the voodo dolled targets.
    Where does it say that you would have reduced chance of proc with 1 or 2 holy power compared to 3? At least tooltip doesn't indicate that. Does anyone have a confirmation on this one?

EDIT: Okay, in Wowhead comments there was said that it was normalized to 3 HP abilities but it cannot be read from tooltip?

Tooltip: "Abilities that cost Holy Power have a 25% chance to cause the Divine Purpose effect. "

It says directly that all abilities that cost holy power have a certain 25 % chance to proc the effect. So I would like to see confirmation that it is normalized.
    Last edited by mmocfb9e2d35fb; 2012-10-30 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorant View Post
    It says directly that all abilities that cost holy power have a certain 25 % chance to proc the effect. So I would like to see confirmation that it is normalized.
    There was a big blue post explaining it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    There was a big blue post explaining it.
    Okay, I did miss that one. Thanks, I will find it.

I hate it when they always update tooltips (IF they update) so late. Always some blue posts are missed and it leads to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ontirektum View Post
    Just a quick question since i've been playing around abit with talents and such but haven't got to test this yet. But wouldn't Divine Purpose be amazing with EF and especially if you are EF blanketing? Seeing as it should be able to proc on 1 hp EF's the 25% will occur more often then if you are only using 3 hp abilities, making it a very viable talent paired with EF. Personally I don't like passive bonuses but when looking at it now it just seems amazing, especially when it can procc of itself also. Anyone who got to test this?
    It's up to you, they are both very strong talents. Personally, I like that holy avenger is completely under my control and there for when I need it. As an example, healing Feng, the first phase has very little healing requirement. You can cover most of the damage with HS/HL and you still have time to melee the boss or weave crusader strikes into your rotation for more holy power. During that phase, and DP procs are basically wasted, since you'll probably just burn them on the tank or use them to keep EF rolling on targets that don't take enough damage to justify the HoT. Not to mention you won't necessarily have the procs coming when you get to the much more damage intensive phases 2 and 3.

HA however, I can use once each during phases 2 and 3. While its up, I can weave HP filler + HP spell for 18 seconds. That's enough time to get 7-8 full HP eternal flames out onto the raid, not to mention all of the beacon healing that's going to result from that. Doing that, I can basically cover the damage of a Draw Flame or Arcane Velocity with minimal help from other healers and remain extremely mana efficient. On this fight especially, mana's pretty tight if you're just starting into progression or if you're dps are a little on the low side.

Mostly, that's just personal bias. If its a random proc that could potentially be wasted, I don't like it unless its definitively stronger. In this case, DP isn't good enough to justify its randomness in my eyes. That said, its possible that when we get our 4-piece and can generate holy power more quickly, DP will be stronger since it will have more chances to proc, so I'll wait and see how that works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorant View Post
    Where does it say that you would have reduced chance of proc with 1 or 2 holy power compared to 3? At least tooltip doesn't indicate that. Does anyone have a confirmation on this one?

EDIT: Okay, in Wowhead comments there was said that it was normalized to 3 HP abilities but it cannot be read from tooltip?

Tooltip: "Abilities that cost Holy Power have a 25% chance to cause the Divine Purpose effect. "

I was actually personally interested in this, so I did my own research regarding it

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...36?page=41#801
    Although the Wowhead post saying it can't proc off LoD is incorrect however, although I tried to get GM confirmation to make sure this was still the case, and all I got was some stupid GM that just read me the tooltip back

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 09:04 PM ----------

Managed to confirm with a GM that the Ghostcrawler post is still accurate and that all other behaviour is as expected (proccing off LoD, WoG not having a double dip etc.)

As for my own thoughts regarding DP vs HA, I'm currently preferring to run DP simply while I get used to boss mechanics and healing in general, but I can definitely see me switching to HA once I feel comfortable and once/if I start raiding properly again.
    Last edited by Xs; 2012-10-30 at 09:06 PM.

Holy Paladin: The 4 piece bonus now reduces Holy Shock cooldown by 2 seconds, up from 1 second.
    This is nice. Holy Shock is regularly one of my highest featuring spells. Two seconds off the cooldown is great. I guess that when only one second it didn't feel good enough as when you're casting you can't always take advantage of that 1 second reduction due to being mid cast / global cooldown etc. You'll be able to feel 2 seconds a lot more.

This can knock 6 seconds off how long it takes as standard to generate 3 HP, which is a boost to regen and throughput and synergises nicely with Diving Purpose. It will be a small boost to AoE healing too.

I worry it will get nerfed on behalf of Shockadins, however, who with Sanctified Wrath and the 4 set, will be able to Holy Shock every 2 seconds for 30 seconds. That's some nice burst.

Deleted
    reducing hs cooldown down to 4 seconds is a great upgrade for us. you can spend every 12 seconds a WoG, pretty amazing in fights like the emperors will. Tbh our two point bonus sucks rly, or somebody like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Loonija View Post
    reducing hs cooldown down to 4 seconds is a great upgrade for us. you can spend every 12 seconds a WoG, pretty amazing in fights like the emperors will. Tbh our two point bonus sucks rly, or somebody like it?
    It could be worse, at least its not 10% off of Flash

I feel like the change to the 4 set though was to make it a bit more juicy compared to the PvP set

I'm sort of wondering what happens when you have a 2 sec HS cd for 30 seconds of AW if you take Sanctified Wrath.

1min CD on Light's hammer, and seeing that it doesn't proc mastery its becoming a little less appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Venism View Post
    1min CD on Light's hammer, and seeing that it doesn't proc mastery its becoming a little less appealing.
    What would you take instead?

10+ Year Old Account
    It can make 10% of healing easily on some fights. Aside from stuff where you need direct Holy Prism healing, it's an awesome talent
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a very unique option in my opinion. We have burst AoE healing already (Holy Radiance) and we have strong single target heals that can cover the same area as Stay of Execution. Light's Hammer is a consistent AoE though. None of our other spells do that.

Deleted
    I can't seem to find any trinket guide, so I was wondering if someone could point me towards which trinkets should I go for. Here is my char: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Hoeg/advanced . I'm getting the DMC trinket, which one of my current trinkets should I replace? Also, is Vial of Ichorious Blood better than either of the trinkets I have currently?

Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post
    I can't seem to find any trinket guide, so I was wondering if someone could point me towards which trinkets should I go for. Here is my char: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Hoeg/advanced . I'm getting the DMC trinket, which one of my current trinkets should I replace? Also, is Vial of Ichorious Blood better than either of the trinkets I have currently?
    http://fullspectrumholypally.files.w...ket-chart5.png

Credit to Bouchbagette of Full Spectrum Alleria-US.

To answer your question, yes, the Vial would be a minor upgrade to the Empty Fruit Barrel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Devotions View Post
    http://fullspectrumholypally.files.w...ket-chart5.png

Credit to Bouchbagette of Full Spectrum Alleria-US.

To answer your question, yes, the Vial would be a minor upgrade to the Empty Fruit Barrel.
    Thanks. Guess I'll replace the barrel with the DMC then.

I'm currently levelling my Paladin alt, with the intent of rolling it Holy when it dings 90 (yay) -

Holy Paladin in my guild tells me Windsong is currently stronger for Holy largely due to how the "Real PPM" works.

The guide states that Jade Spirit is stronger, so which is it? Also, whats the take on it when Jade Spirit converts to Real PPM in 5.1?

So, I just got my Tier leggings off Sha today. I'm having some issues deciding if they are worth using until I get my 2p. Currently i'm rolling with Legplates of Sagacious Shadows I cant post a link..so the stats are 2 gem sockets/+1719 Stamina/+986 Intellect/+729 Spirit/609 haste(reforged to mastery). If I replace those with the tier, I lose 1k in spirit but gain 755 in mastery and like 100+ int...Spirit wise it would leave me at 8k. mastery wise, it would push me to 22%. Any thoughts?! I guess really it would depend on how comfortable I feel healing with my mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Tides View Post
    I'm currently levelling my Paladin alt, with the intent of rolling it Holy when it dings 90 (yay) -

Holy Paladin in my guild tells me Windsong is currently stronger for Holy largely due to how the "Real PPM" works.

The guide states that Jade Spirit is stronger, so which is it? Also, whats the take on it when Jade Spirit converts to Real PPM in 5.1?
    I don't see how Windsong could be better, Jade is a better proc, your friend is just being ignorant and/or lazy

Quote Originally Posted by Brackit View Post
    So, I just got my Tier leggings off Sha today. I'm having some issues deciding if they are worth using until I get my 2p. Currently i'm rolling with Legplates of Sagacious Shadows I cant post a link..so the stats are 2 gem sockets/+1719 Stamina/+986 Intellect/+729 Spirit/609 haste(reforged to mastery). If I replace those with the tier, I lose 1k in spirit but gain 755 in mastery and like 100+ int...Spirit wise it would leave me at 8k. mastery wise, it would push me to 22%. Any thoughts?! I guess really it would depend on how comfortable I feel healing with my mana.
    I did some simming on that exact choice, but with healing its kind of hard to sim, so the best answer is just to use the tier unless your regen feels too low, if it helps you're losing ~360 mp5 but transfering most of that to mastery
    TL;DR: wait till 2 set unless you're comfortable

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    I did some simming on that exact choice, but with healing its kind of hard to sim, so the best answer is just to use the tier unless your regen feels too low, if it helps you're losing ~360 mp5 but transfering most of that to mastery
    TL;DR: wait till 2 set unless you're comfortable
    Awesome! Thanks! I think i'll go with the pants just because of the mastery. Plus I have the DMF trinket along with the Shado-Pan INt-spirit use trinket tomorrow. I feel my regen will be alright. Thanks again! It was a tough choice, but you help sway it. :P