Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Orb of Mystery to exspensive ?

what do you think, do you think that the Orb of Mystery is too exspensive? giving that not everyone has over 20k in their bags ( 80k to make all 4 mounts ). this is a terrible way to make a gold sink as " poor " players arent able to get any of the mounts, blizzard had made yet another " Deepest pockets win " situation ... by that i mean anyone with 100k+ will beable to buy the mounts where people with no gold or little gold arent able too craft or buy them. even tho they are only cosmetic items i dont see why the rich players should beable to get them so easy compaired to the poor players

10+ Year Old Account
    It's called a gold sink for a reason. While what they did with the Brawler's guild is dumb (BMAH invites) and BLOCKS access to content if you cannot afford the price, but in this case riding around on a mount is not content. Are Spectral Tigers bad too? What about the yak mount or if you are really bad with gold the Klaxxi mount?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

It's the perfect way to make a goldsink. It's for cosmetic items that don't influence gameplay. Explain how on earth you think its a poor way to make a goldsink?

I suspect this post was inspired by the lack of zero's at the end of your bank balance.

IMO anything above 30k is ridiculously stupid expensive, the dailies dont give more gold then before, yes you can do hundreds a day but its so tedious.

I only have 102k and It took me 4 month to gather 30k of those at the start of mop and I made the rest during the first month of mop.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not that expensive, but it's not MEANT for everyone to have. It's to 1)reward players who have participated in the economy and made a lot of money and 2)give them something to spend their ridiculous amounts of gold on.

But my point is still that it's not that expensive. I myself have a Sapphire Panther, and I'd probably get more if it wasn't for the fact that I don't particularly care for them. I made enough to made the Panther just by planting motes on my farm and crafting gloves/chestpieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Wipeout View Post
    this is a terrible way to make a gold sink as " poor " players arent able to get any of the mounts
    I'm not sure you understand what a "gold sink" is.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    It's called a gold sink for a reason. While what they did with the Brawler's guild is dumb (BMAH invites) and BLOCKS access to content if you cannot afford the price, but in this case riding around on a mount is not content. Are Spectral Tigers bad too? What about the yak mount or if you are really bad with gold the Klaxxi mount?
    yeah but the brawlers guild requires you to wait your turn do you really want to have to sit and wait all day on the first night to be able to do it? in my opinion this slows down the amount of people trying it out at once so its not so crowded
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

18k for the orb and people on my server are selling the mounts for 20k.

Not worth it one bit anymore to make the damn things.

I personally feel as though the orbs are to cheap lol.... I consider 18k chump change and I only have 80k on my account. I mean when you consider it in cata the gold sink(sandstone drake) required like 4 items that net somewhere around 20k+ not including other mats needed to make the drake if i remember right, and with gold being as easy as it is to make you should be able to get 18k quick and painless.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    ive yet to find a good way to make gold in mop, dailies give bout 500g ( if even that much ), everyone seems to have minning so pointless selling ore, same with JC and enchanting. there is nothing to farm that is worth selling on the ah

10+ Year Old Account
    took me a week to farm 20k gold.

And that's not even being hardcore about it. Just selling living steels and flasks (I already have a stack of LS, I'm just AHing the excess, and I have 3 alchies. Getting 360 ghost iron ore only takes 30 minutes or so.)

The price is fine.
    Putin khuliyo

ive yet to find a good way to make gold in mop, dailies give bout 500g ( if even that much ), everyone seems to have minning so pointless selling ore, same with JC and enchanting. there is nothing to farm that is worth selling on the ah
    Buy low
    Optional: Craft things
    Sell high

Cards are selling like hotcakes this weekend. Made like 30k in the last few days off cards alone.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think you missed the point. Blizzard wants people to feel obligated to buy gold from goldselling sites in order to collect mounts, pets and other awesome vanity stuff.
    The fun part is that high amounts of the gold sold for actual money is sold by blizzard themselves.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    I'm not sure you understand what a "gold sink" is.
    Beat me too it lol, That's exactly what i thought while reading that sentence

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    I think you missed the point. Blizzard wants people to feel obligated to buy gold from goldselling sites in order to collect mounts, pets and other awesome vanity stuff.
    The fun part is that high amounts of the gold sold for actual money is sold by blizzard themselves.
    My tinfoil hat is tied securely to my head. Is yours?
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    My tinfoil hat is tied securely to my head. Is yours?
    I think they somehow managed to put their tinfoil hat over their entire face and are slowly suffocating, might explain the post.

OT: It's called a goldsink for a reason, it's something to dump stupid amounts of gold on, just like the chopper/mammoth was in wrath.
    Last edited by tielknight; 2012-11-03 at 05:34 PM.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    I think they're far too expensive, but that's okay. They are supposed to be RARE mounts and hard to obtain. I plan on saving my way to making these mounts. I'm no AH player, so it will take me a while, but i'll get there eventually - and i'm okay with that, it gives me something to do.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Cards are selling like hotcakes this weekend. Made like 30k in the last few days off cards alone.
    which is great IF you have a bunch of toons with inscribtion
    Last edited by Wipeout; 2012-11-03 at 05:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering how incredibly common Ghost Iron Ore is, the fact that it's selling for 50-60g per stack on my server is pretty good (particularly when I can walk away from the day's dailies with a bag full of stacks).

Nope not too expensive, I made one of the jc mounts the second week of mop because I made so much gold during the first week. If you can't make gold you are doing it wrong