Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would go with Eng and BS. Synapse springs line up really nicely with our CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustynip View Post
    I would go with Eng and BS. Synapse springs line up really nicely with our CDs.
    Seems like a pretty funny proffession too. I just have to figure out best way to level it since I have BS + lolmining atm :P I guess I could buy a lot of the mats but I tend to prefer farming everything myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just farm up all the mats that you would need before you drop mining.

You can find everything on www.wow-professions.com!

Just farm up all the mats that you would need before you drop mining.

You can find everything on www.wow-professions.com!
    I was lazy so I just bought all the mats, 5k is nothing :P

I do have a question now that I have the synapse springs though.

Ideally, I assume that you'd want to have dragon roar + colossus smash + synapse springs + deadly calm all within your bloodbath (of course with a full rage bar to start with, as well), but to what extent is it okay to wait with any of these for them to line up together? And do you use the springs by themselves or are you using any kind of macro (having bloodbath and synapse springs together makes all the sense in the world)?

10+ Year Old Account
    What I've found to be pretty successful is that you pool rage for your CS like normal and try to get a BB+DR in the global before your CS comes off CD so that you have the debuff up for half the time of your Bloodbath, increasing your damage that much more. Also, I use my Synapse Springs with my Bloodbath.

What I've found to be pretty successful is that you pool rage for your CS like normal and try to get a BB+DR in the global before your CS comes off CD so that you have the debuff up for half the time of your Bloodbath, increasing your damage that much more. Also, I use my Synapse Springs with my Bloodbath.
    That's what I've been doing as well (except for the springs), though sometimes one or two of them can get a bit out of sync (player error what it comes to BB + DR I guess), due to movement or some other fight mechanic, but I'd assume that it's always worth delaying BB to make sure a CS is in its duration, but then the question is: delay DR a little as well or just use it outside of BB?

Oh, and are the nitro boosts safe to use in raids or will they kill me a tenth of the time?

edit: also, huge difference between TG and SMF or not? Considering letting the tank get the first elegion that drops for us since after that all weapons are MINE, mwaha.
    Last edited by Maxie; 2012-11-01 at 05:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't suggest using a DR outside of BB unless its going to hit a bunch of targets because of how much damage DR contributes to your Bloodbath dot. Nitro boosts: I use them in raids. Especially on fights like heroic Spirit Kings to get out of flanking orders if I get stuck in a tight spot. Yeah, they do fail every now and again but it doesn't happen too often for me. If you're worried about it, go with Frag Belt instead.

The difference between TG and SMF at the current gear level is which spec you have better weapons for. Generally speaking, TG is better for AoE because of the increased weapon damage on two handers but SMF still prevails in execute range. The Elgalon one hander is a huge dps increase over a blue. I wouldn't pass it up. I'm 99% sure that it would benefit the raid more for a dps to have it than a tank, but that's your call.

I wouldn't suggest using a DR outside of BB unless its going to hit a bunch of targets because of how much damage DR contributes to your Bloodbath dot. Nitro boosts: I use them in raids. Especially on fights like heroic Spirit Kings to get out of flanking orders if I get stuck in a tight spot. Yeah, they do fail every now and again but it doesn't happen too often for me. If you're worried about it, go with Frag Belt instead.

The difference between TG and SMF at the current gear level is which spec you have better weapons for. Generally speaking, TG is better for AoE because of the increased weapon damage on two handers but SMF still prevails in execute range. The Elgalon one hander is a huge dps increase over a blue. I wouldn't pass it up. I'm 99% sure that it would benefit the raid more for a dps to have it than a tank, but that's your call.
    Like I thought then.

Regarding the weapons I agree but don't think I can convince him/the others. I'll just go for the 1hander myself as well, unless I get a Starshatter before that. Then I might as well hand him the 1hander and be done with it, next time one drops it's mine.

Really enjoying both DR and meat cleaver at the moment, it's really sweet on Elegon sparks unless BT/CS refuse to crit and won't give me any Raging Blow charges. Berserker Stance is also lovely on this fight, can't wait to actually kill the bastard.

PS: any engineering items other than tinkers/Jeeves worth thinking of, like bombs etc?

10+ Year Old Account
    Tinkers are really the only thing that is worth anything on fights because bombs/landshark things share a cooldown with your potions unfortunately.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the new expansion, I figured I'd try out fury instead of arms as my offspec.

I like the priority system, but I have some questions;

The guide tells me to pool up rage for when CS is up.

I try, but unless I'm white hitting and just using BT it's not exactly building up rage, because it gets used on filler moves. I must be doing something wrong. I almost never get to use HS or Cleave either, because I'm so low on rage (unless I'm moving a lot with Charge maybe).

What I'm doing now is;
    Shout
    Charge
    CS
    BT
    -RB, WS x1 (if enraged)
    -RB, WS x2 (if enraged and BS proc)
    -WS x3 if BS proc
    -WS x2 if no BS proc(regardless of BS proc, because what else is there to press?)

What I'm thinking is that I probably don't use my specials enough, like Dragon Roar. Could that make the difference between being at just enough rage to maintain a rotation and being able to burn rage with extra attacks?
    Warlock (SL main)

Quote Originally Posted by Thundertom View Post
    With the new expansion, I figured I'd try out fury instead of arms as my offspec.

I like the priority system, but I have some questions;

The guide tells me to pool up rage for when CS is up.

I try, but unless I'm white hitting and just using BT it's not exactly building up rage, because it gets used on filler moves. I must be doing something wrong. I almost never get to use HS or Cleave either, because I'm so low on rage (unless I'm moving a lot with Charge maybe).

What I'm doing now is;
    Shout
    Charge
    CS
    BT
    -RB, WS x1 (if enraged)
    -RB, WS x2 (if enraged and BS proc)
    -WS x3 if BS proc
    -WS x2 if no BS proc(regardless of BS proc, because what else is there to press?)

What I'm thinking is that I probably don't use my specials enough, like Dragon Roar. Could that make the difference between being at just enough rage to maintain a rotation and being able to burn rage with extra attacks?
    What I am doing (and how intepreted the guide, someone correct me if this is wrong) is that I only ever use a non procced wild strike outside of a colossus smash to avoid capping rage. The rest of the time during the "rage buildup phase", I'm using BT, RB, procced wild strikes,DR*, Battle Shout and Heroic Throw. Sometimes I end up not having all that much rage for the CS, but most of the time I have an almost full rage bar. Also, don't forget to use Berserker Stance if there is a lot of incoming damage, that can give a lot of rage as well.

*DR is used with Bloodbath either just before the CS or just after it depending on if it's on or off cooldown. But basically always during BB, never during CS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    What I am doing (and how intepreted the guide, someone correct me if this is wrong) is that I only ever use a non procced wild strike outside of a colossus smash to avoid capping rage. The rest of the time during the "rage buildup phase", I'm using BT, RB, procced wild strikes,DR*, Battle Shout and Heroic Throw. Sometimes I end up not having all that much rage for the CS, but most of the time I have an almost full rage bar. Also, don't forget to use Berserker Stance if there is a lot of incoming damage, that can give a lot of rage as well.

*DR is used with Bloodbath either just before the CS or just after it depending on if it's on or off cooldown. But basically always during BB, never during CS.
    Heroic Throw. I must have missed that one. I have to get used to using "semi long" cooldowns (DR,Shout,HT) as filler moves I guess. Thanks for your reply.
    Warlock (SL main)

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have enough crit you can fit in 2, maybe THREE RBs into a single CS. I know you can get 2 in but since NeedtoKnow shows CS as a 6.5 sec debuff instead of 6 sec debuff now, I THINK if you have good RNG (go in to CS with 2 RB stacks and get a BT crit after using RB before BT, or go in with 1 stack and have CS crit and then as I said earlier) that you can fit 3 RB into a single CS, including 1 BT as well. I have yet to do extensive testing of this but CBA for now. If I do see this my RB usually hits with .1-.5 sec left on CS debuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Thundertom View Post
    Heroic Throw. I must have missed that one. I have to get used to using "semi long" cooldowns (DR,Shout,HT) as filler moves I guess. Thanks for your reply.
    Don't forget impending victory

Quote Originally Posted by Saevus.Reptile View Post
    Don't forget impending victory
    I find enraged regen pretty useful though. And impending does cost 10 rage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    If you have enough crit you can fit in 2, maybe THREE RBs into a single CS. I know you can get 2 in but since NeedtoKnow shows CS as a 6.5 sec debuff instead of 6 sec debuff now, I THINK if you have good RNG (go in to CS with 2 RB stacks and get a BT crit after using RB before BT, or go in with 1 stack and have CS crit and then as I said earlier) that you can fit 3 RB into a single CS, including 1 BT as well. I have yet to do extensive testing of this but CBA for now. If I do see this my RB usually hits with .1-.5 sec left on CS debuff.
    Ok, thanks for that info. It's my offspec, and I won't prentend I can play this perfect. Good to know nonetheless.
    Warlock (SL main)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    I find enraged regen pretty useful though. And impending does cost 10 rage.
    Still does more DPR than a non-procced wild strike (and ofc heals too).

Quote Originally Posted by Saevus.Reptile View Post
    Still does more DPR than a non-procced wild strike (and ofc heals too).
    About how high % of your damage done is it? I assume it's very low on the priority list though. The thing with Enraged Regen is that it's much more on demand, and doesn't require you to be in melee range of anything. I guess second wind has its uses as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Second wind/enraged regen is actually better for pushing heroic progression (and even normal) because of the fact that you and your healers are under geared. I'm not saying its better for every fight but fights where you're going to be taking big damage, you'll definitely want the heals over the minuscule dps increase. For example: Heroic Imperial Vizier Zor'lok this week, I will most definitely be using second wind to help with that Force and Verve phase. Same goes for heroic Garalon when he does crush every so often.

Deleted
    In my situation should I stay Fury or go Arms?

People keep saying Arms and Fury are about the same as TG, but Arms is slightly ahead. I SimC both specs and says fury is about 74-75k and Arms is 81.5k

Now as for weapons Elegon dropped the 2h Sword so I'm now using 489 / 463.

Would it better for me to go Arms since I have a poor off-hand or should I remain Fury - TG?