Valley of Eternal Blossoms, unskinned statue spear handle

Compared to the login screen, I can't help but cringe when I look at those 2 statues, seeing as how the handle of their spears look like some unskinned, square (why would handles be square) crap poles. I think this is just stupidly sloppy, and I am surprised it hasn't been fixed yet.

/open umbrela to the impending "if you don't like it leave".

Deleted
    This does scream a little OCD if I am honest

i also thought it was strange.. the square lazy poles. wtf is that

now.. can i join you under that umbrella? :P

If people tell you to leave over those spears looking nothing like the login screen well then...they must have some deep-seated issues.

To me those guys really scream "place holder" and in like...3 major patches we'll see 2 giant Mogu wandering around the vale stomping guys new assholes.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...Really?

Blizzard copied that from LOTR. The two human statues where the fellowship are on the boats in the first movie before they meet the uruk hai.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Blizzard copied that from LOTR. The two human statues where the fellowship are on the boats in the first movie before they meet the uruk hai.

And Lotr copied it from The Neverending Story

and The Neverending Story copied it from ancient Egypt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    Compared to the login screen, I can't help but cringe when I look at those 2 statues, seeing as how the handle of their spears look like some unskinned, square (why would handles be square) crap poles. I think this is just stupidly sloppy, and I am surprised it hasn't been fixed yet.

/open umbrela to the impending "if you don't like it leave".
    Well if that's the only thing you have issues with.... then the game is great.... this would be very near the bottom of my priority list anyway....

I'd say it looks fairly good at the loading screen. The spears aren't the most "square-y" part of the statues, but I think it just adds to the look, considering that they are statues. It's nice that they actually look statuesque and not just like mogu models with a rock texture.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Actually, they stole it from the posters for the Matrix movie, where they all stand next to each other without moving with some lines and stuff in between. That's also where Blizzard got the idea to give all casters long coat-like robes. Pretty much all the monk animations are also stolen from the fight scenes that movie. Oh, and some of the hair styles are pretty similar.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post
    To me those guys really scream "place holder" and in like...3 major patches we'll see 2 giant Mogu wandering around the vale stomping guys new assholes.
    ...Holy shit. You're so right. :O

Throughout the entirety of Pandaria we've been seeing how the Mogu keep bringing stone statues to life to fight for them... And the bigger the statue, the stronger they are (and the longer the ritual takes).

Wouldn't it be awesome if they managed to bring those two statues to life as raid bosses? Every so often they come to life and attack the two shrines, where we need to fend them off and destroy them before they destroy us.

Haha. That'd be so epic. /afking in a Shrine, when suddenly...

10+ Year Old Account
    #7 Bombadrol LOTR was copied from this game, if you wish to know

I honestly hadn't even noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombadrol View Post
    And Lotr copied it from The Neverending Story

and The Neverending Story copied it from ancient Egypt

and Ancient Egypt copied it from Naruto.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    and Ancient Egypt copied it from Naruto.
    no Naturo copied it from everyone but Blizz
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    no Naturo copied it from everyone but Blizz
    dude... it was a joke.