Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Inspirational bodybuilding vids?

Any recommendations for inspirational bodybuilding vids or documentaries? I already own Pumping Iron which I watch at least once a month for the last 3 years, got any others that will get me "pumped up"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhasban View Post
    Downloading it now, thanks.

It is filled with a ton of broscience but it gives a good perspective over how dedicated/anorexic you have to be to be a bodybuilder.

15+ Year Old Account
    That seems like a massive time sink and a massive crutch. I hope you've made good progress in those 3 years and not simply watched that movie in hope that it will help you make progress. The motivation has to come from within, picture what you want to look like in the end. Also just youtube or google "inspirational bodybuilding video" you should get a tonne of hits from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by Abominator View Post
    That seems like a massive time sink and a massive crutch. I hope you've made good progress in those 3 years and not simply watched that movie in hope that it will help you make progress. The motivation has to come from within, picture what you want to look like in the end. Also just youtube or google "inspirational bodybuilding video" you should get a tonne of hits from the get go.
    I am confused as to how watching a movie once a month is a massive time sink. I know people who watch star wars or star trek quite often despite having seen the movies already. Are those massive tim sinks?

Deleted
    I understand the basics of bodybuilding, I understand it involves a little more than watching a video once a month.

I actually started bodybuilding when I first applied to join the army 10 years ago, I got turned down for being underweight. My uncle took me under his wing and taught me a lot, he had won a few local BB competitions and set me on the right path. I got accepted into the army a year later, fast forward a few years.....

The Military is a real bad environment to bodybuild, I am fit, strong and healthy but lack the mass to be a true bodybuilder. This is mostly due to crap deployments, working environments and shit food. Now I am a high enough rank to not to need to do that crap too often anymore, so I started my beginners routine again, Started with a year of SS. I finished that year and am now looking to expand a little into something more advanced, watching these videos gives me inspiration to keep lifting, stick to my diet and work hard.

I also fail to see how an hour and a half once a month is a massive time sink, most people spend more time than that on the toilet.
    Last edited by mmoca51a6f9f4d; 2012-11-04 at 04:14 PM.

I don't have anything against watching body building videos, but I would say research some books on bodybuilding and diet, that will be more beneficial then just watching a movie/video. I've always been on the other side of your spectrum (i.e. a little on the heavy side) and I hear gaining more muscle mass if you are thin takes a LOT of time and dedication, well bodybuilding in general does. But all in all I think that genetics really has the most pull on an individual and will determine if you would ever be at the caliber of a pro body builder. Some of the old classic books by Joe Weider are still relevant today, if I remember correctly Arnold used a lot of his principles.

So..my opinion is read up on everything you can about diet and building mass then keep watching Pumping Iron (great movie).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by javadown2 View Post
    I don't have anything against watching body building videos, but I would say research some books on bodybuilding and diet, that will be more beneficial then just watching a movie/video. I've always been on the other side of your spectrum (i.e. a little on the heavy side) and I hear gaining more muscle mass if you are thin takes a LOT of time and dedication, well bodybuilding in general does. But all in all I think that genetics really has the most pull on an individual and will determine if you would ever be at the caliber of a pro body builder. Some of the old classic books by Joe Weider are still relevant today, if I remember correctly Arnold used a lot of his principles.

So..my opinion is read up on everything you can about diet and building mass then keep watching Pumping Iron (great movie).
    Already done all of that if you had read my previous post in this thread, I am not new to BB at all. I simply asked for inspirational videos, I have the basic knowledge already.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Already done all of that if you had read my previous post in this thread, I am not new to BB at all. I simply asked for inspirational videos, I have the basic knowledge already.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brMKM...feature=g-vrec
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-GBx...feature=g-vrec

Just have a look around at the recommended videos to each of these, anything with a significant amount of views will generally be pretty good.

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brMKM...feature=g-vrec
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-GBx...feature=g-vrec

Just have a look around at the recommended videos to each of these, anything with a significant amount of views will generally be pretty good.
    Champion, thank you. Watching these vids want me to make me hit the gym right now even though it is an off day.

Sorry, guess I misunderstood what your reasoning for wanting a video...it sounded like you hit a wall. Found a couple links to some videos, but they do seem far and few between. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson74.htm

---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 04:18 PM ----------

it's amazing what steroids can do for a bodybuilder, lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by javadown2 View Post
    Sorry, guess I misunderstood what your reasoning for wanting a video...it sounded like you hit a wall. Found a couple links to some videos, but they do seem far and few between. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson74.htm

---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 04:18 PM ----------

it's amazing what steroids can do for a bodybuilder, lol
    Yeah, out of the question in my job though Besides, my testicles are small enough as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Solnx View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdBoybKnzZw Well, this is pretty inspirational
    Very inspirational. He took steroids, had a huge ego, and died of a heart attack at the age of 22. Yeah, he had a congenital heart defect but I am sure his life style didn't help him any. Truly inspirational. Oh, and his brother got arrested for steroid use... great family.

Quote Originally Posted by jbhasban View Post
    Very inspirational. He took steroids, had a huge ego, and died of a heart attack at the age of 22. Yeah, he had a congenital heart defect but I am sure his life style didn't help him any. Truly inspirational. Oh, and his brother got arrested for steroid use... great family.
    You don't have to look at every detail or flaw of his character... yea he might have not been perfect(jk he was) but he did get ripped and shredded, honestly he's inspired me and thousands of others, even though I know he prob juiced I don't care because his physique is achievable without them.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Zyzz post? What's next? Do we talk about tfw when no gf?
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a powerlifting video(I know it's now what you asked for lol), but I loved Dave Tate's speech in the intro. I listen to this before my workouts.

Can't post links yet but on YouTube if you add /watch?v=m1qbUT6tues that's a favourite of mine.

I don't know if this is exactly what you wanted but I like it a lot.