BrM: Is Agil > 2x Haste/Crit?

Mainly a gemming question as you get twice as much secondary stats as primary. I've had trouble finding any data on this and the recommendation seems to vary depending what site you visit. So...

Is 160 Agil > 320 Haste or Crit?

(And perhaps more complicated.. is 160 Agil > 320 Exp/Hit)
    Last edited by Deetea; 2012-11-04 at 07:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deetea View Post
    Mainly a gemming question as you get twice as much secondary stats as primary. I've had trouble finding any data on this and the recommendation seems to vary depending what site you visit. So...

Is 160 Agil > 320 Haste or Crit?

(And perhaps more complicated.. is 160 Agil > 320 Exp/Hit)
    I don't think you've looked hard enough...as the sticky guide on these very forums has this answer. But yes, 2x secondary stats are better than 1 Agility.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    I don't think you've looked hard enough...as the sticky guide on these very forums has this answer. But yes, 2x secondary stats are better than 1 Agility.
    This isn't always the case. Set bonuses take into account and hybrid gems 80agi/160stat are better than the 160 stat combos or 320 pures.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Thank you for the reply. I have indeed done my research (including outside this site).

Please see some examples below:

Agility above all else (still meet socket bonus)
    www*noxxic*com/wow/pve/monk/brewmaster/gems-enchants-professions

Hit/Exp then Agility
    pandarenmonk*net/brewmaster-monk/
    sunniersartofwar*com/brewmaster-guide/#gems
    us*battle*net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714701875 *Wow Forums Sticky Guide on Brewmaster
    - On the fence in the discussion, yet all agility hybrid gems in the recommendation list

Do not gem Agility
    www*mmo-champion*com/threads/1101410-The-Brewmaster-Tanking-Guide-5-0-5

So I ask again, does anyone have an answer on this? Math is welcome here

Quote Originally Posted by Deetea View Post
    So I ask again, does anyone have an answer on this? Math is welcome here
    Assuming that the elitistjerks spreadsheet is now correct (with my own stats):

http://i.imgur.com/CVIYU.png
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    This isn't always the case. Set bonuses take into account and hybrid gems 80agi/160stat are better than the 160 stat combos or 320 pures.
    I don't think I said anything about gems, or socket bonuses, or anything of the like. I just said 2 secondary > 1 agil, which is always accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    I don't think I said anything about gems, or socket bonuses, or anything of the like. I just said 2 secondary > 1 agil, which is always accurate.
    Which is true... if a point of Agility isn't as good as 2 points of a secondary stat, then the secondary stats are generally going to be better.

Although, if theres a Red socket worth 60 agility bonus, you're generally likely to be better off going for an orange hybrid gem of 80 agility and 160 crit or haste, as the socket bonus worth of agility ontop of the gems worth of agility would more or less likely work out better than the lost 160 points of the secondary stat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by r3d3mpt10n View Post
    Which is true... if a point of Agility isn't as good as 2 points of a secondary stat, then the secondary stats are generally going to be better.

Although, if theres a Red socket worth 60 agility bonus, you're generally likely to be better off going for an orange hybrid gem of 80 agility and 160 crit or haste, as the socket bonus worth of agility ontop of the gems worth of agility would more or less likely work out better than the lost 160 points of the secondary stat.
    Yes...but I would hope that the OP would understand that if the socket is going to be beneficial to take it, think that is pretty basic. I wasn't implying to only socket secondary stats.

15+ Year Old Account
    What I'm not 100% clear on is the proper way to go about blue slots.

In prior expacs, DPS would just ignore them, healers would go int/spi and tanks would go stam/mastery.

But then I came across the Stone Guard legs, with 1red 1blue and a 120agi bonus, and was a little stumped about the best way to go about it. I mean, that 120agi bonus is rather nice.

Expertise in red, hit in blue, then reforge off my gear in other places to not go over the caps? (without the gems, sitting on 7.5/7.5)
    Expertise/haste and hit/haste?
    Agi/haste and hit/haste?
    Ignore bonus and gem full haste?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    What I'm not 100% clear on is the proper way to go about blue slots.

In prior expacs, DPS would just ignore them, healers would go int/spi and tanks would go stam/mastery.

But then I came across the Stone Guard legs, with 1red 1blue and a 120agi bonus, and was a little stumped about the best way to go about it. I mean, that 120agi bonus is rather nice.

Expertise in red, hit in blue, then reforge off my gear in other places to not go over the caps? (without the gems, sitting on 7.5/7.5)
    Expertise/haste and hit/haste?
    Agi/haste and hit/haste?Ignore bonus and gem full haste?
    That one

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    So much of my gear has hit on it already, I've started using haste/stam for blue sockets. Once I reach a better level of haste, I'll switch over to agi/stam.
    Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.