Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Dezco has his ''own'' Horde? Since when?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodydemize View Post
    On the websites though you get very little if any dialogue and it's just stated facts, it's a clever but greedy marketing scheme. Screw over anyone who is interested in the lore without money to spare for books.
    Thats what wowpedia is for, to learn everything you can't afford or see for yourself in game(ei, if you dont play a certain faction or class or dont raid)

Quote Originally Posted by Pawl View Post
    Welcome to WoW where you need to buy 50 books to know whats going on with the lore
    www.wowpedia.com

Sorry but if you actually want to know what's going on with the lore you have no excuse. If you don't like to read that's your problem.
    "Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Always and forever!"

Perfection is so horribly dull, don't you think?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    How else do you expect such lore to be brought to you otherwise? Practically all lore in books is either incredibly hard or impossible to show in-game. I don't really see how it's greedy in that way.
    How exactly is this lore impossible to show in game? You're saying we couldn't have seen for instance Garrosh dueling Cairne? Even though we saw him dueling Thral pre-wrath? There couldn't have been a battle for undercity esque siege of thunderbluff?

---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 07:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vesker View Post
    www.wowpedia.com

Sorry but if you actually want to know what's going on with the lore you have no excuse. If you don't like to read that's your problem.
    Personally I'm an avid reader but that doesn't mean I want to shell out 30 quid for something I should be getting free with the game, especially when it comes in the form of amateur level literature. Christie Golden is the only half decent writer they've got and even she falls short imo. The books should inform the major lore events, expand the backstory etc. etc. they shouldn't be the major lore events themselves, or at least if they are they should also be available in game (blizzard is at least learning there with Tides of War.).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Dezco has his ''own'' Horde? Since when?
    Ever since Garrosh turned the Horde into his personal "Draenor boys' only club" and pushed all other kids away.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    How exactly is this lore impossible to show in game? You're saying we couldn't have seen for instance Garrosh dueling Cairne? Even though we saw him dueling Thral pre-wrath? There couldn't have been a battle for undercity esque siege of thunderbluff?

---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 07:19 PM ----------

Personally I'm an avid reader but that doesn't mean I want to shell out 30 quid for something I should be getting free with the game, especially when it comes in the form of amateur level literature. Christie Golden is the only half decent writer they've got and even she falls short imo. The books should inform the major lore events, expand the backstory etc. etc. they shouldn't be the major lore events themselves, or at least if they are they should also be available in game (blizzard is at least learning there with Tides of War.).
    If you don't want to buy the books, get then fun the library. That's what I do and I've had no problem keeping up with the novels. Putting some into the books is a good way to cover both crowds. There are some readers who have zero interest in lore and find any forced "RP" in the game an obstacle and intrusion. They're just trying to strike a balance

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Think thats bad you actually have to quest with him as a hordie in karasang wild

i was thinking to myself am i really letting myself do this why dont i just hand him over to garrosh and he will make me a general LOL
    You know, I felt the exact same way when I was made to spend an entire expansion kissing the feet of Green Jesus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulderfox View Post
    If you don't want to buy the books, get then fun the library. That's what I do and I've had no problem keeping up with the novels. Putting some into the books is a good way to cover both crowds. There are some readers who have zero interest in lore and find any forced "RP" in the game an obstacle and intrusion. They're just trying to strike a balance
    I still have to get a library card, find a library that actually has them (they're hardly very mainstream), take the time to check them out, then slog through the poor writing, rinse and repeat a dozen times over. I mean I've bought a few of the books, but I'm just not interested in reading all of them for reasons all ready stated (i.e blizzard doesn't hire decent writers.).

As for them being there to please the lore fans, well I'm sorry but I have little sympathy for people complaining about there being too much story. Every video game since the 70's has had a story and I don't see other game genres being afraid to put story in for fear of scaring off their audience. Why should mmo's be any different? And so long as the quests through which we see the lore are fun and innovative and aren't just carried on the story, then both parties should be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulderfox View Post
    Unfortunately my local library hasn't picked up any of the Warcraft books since Lord of the Clans. I still haven't read The Shattering... >_>

Deleted
    Not sure if this helps but theres a handy little app on android market called wattpad lots of the wow books and also some of the diablo books uploaded on there for people to read free of charge

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes Baine and Anduin have become friends.

Which puts both of them in a very nasty situation as their respective factions are engaged in World War
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    you can also google the books and get them for free in PDF format or any other similar one

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    1 book. The Shattering, Prelude to the Cataclysm.
    1 book for this info. But for other missing parts there's other books. And comics too.

---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 11:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nerithiel View Post
    you can also google the books and get them for free in PDF format or any other similar one
    That would be pirating though.

OP, as for the subject(spoilers ahoy):
    In Shattering, Cairne gets killed by Garrosh because of Maghda's poison and Thunder Bluff is under attack by Grimtotem. Since Baine things Garrosh did it, he runs away, and his logic is that since he can't know which of his so called allies might stab him in the back, it would be wiser to go to an enemy that has honor. Jaina Proudmoore is the obvious choice since she desires peace between Horde and Alliance.

Meanwhile, Anduin had gone to visit Ironforge. In Ironforge civil war started. However, Jaina had given Anduin a heartstone in case he ever wants to visit her(seems in lore heartstones work both ways somehow). Anduin can't contact his father, so uses the heartstone and gets to Theramore just when Baine was there too. Fearbreaker, Baine's current weapon, was given to Anduin by... a dwarf. I can't remember the exact event. Nevertheless, since Anduin belives in peace too, he offers the weapon to Baine as a gift.
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2012-11-04 at 09:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Think thats bad you actually have to quest with him as a hordie in karasang wild

i was thinking to myself am i really letting myself do this why dont i just hand him over to garrosh and he will make me a general LOL
    Thats your opinion. You know how we have quests where our characters are ordered by ones like Garrosh or Nazgrim to go off and do there retarded quests even if we don't want to, yeah thats the same thing. some of us don't want to follow that tool, and some of us don't mind teaming up with Anduin in karashang wilds.

If I had the option ingame, I'd piss on Garrosh's boots.
    #boycottchina

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Nevertheless, since Anduin belives in peace too, he offers the weapon to Baine as a gift.
    Supporter of peace yet he gives weapons as presents
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

I knew this and I'm not even a WoW lore expert, and I didn't even read the book! Its just stuff you stumble upon on the wiki I guess.

I don't see why you people want everything to be in-game. Why would we even witness this event happening? It doesn't involve adventurers coming along for the private thing between Anduin and Baine. It'd probably be boring as hell to most of you since it'd be a bunch of talking. And I've seen a good hundred posts WHINING and WHINING about how Mists had a lot of "boring" talking quests where you just follow people who tell stories and lore. So you can thank those impatient and loud people for Blizz not wanting to invest most of their resources adding in hundreds of quests about non-action Lore. At least they had the decency to officially mention it in-game here!
    Last edited by Bombkirby; 2012-11-04 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Thats your opinion. You know how we have quests where our characters are ordered by ones like Garrosh or Nazgrim to go off and do there retarded quests even if we don't want to, yeah thats the same thing. some of us don't want to follow that tool, and some of us don't mind teaming up with Anduin in karashang wilds.

If I had the option ingame, I'd piss on Garrosh's boots.
    You will never rise up the ranks with that attitude

but im serious ive kidnapped peoples children to end wars it worked for sylvannas in silverpine when she threatened to turn crowleys daughter into a undead

imagine if i did hand over the prince to garrosh he could use him for leverage basically say we want ashevenvale and darkshore or your gonna get a pinky finger in the mail for the next few days

Roleplaying as a evil bastard is so much fun

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    I knew this and I'm not even a WoW lore expert, and I didn't even read the book! Its just stuff you stumble upon on the wiki I guess.

I don't see why you people want everything to be in-game. Why would we even witness this event happening? It doesn't involve adventurers coming along for the private thing between Anduin and Baine. It'd probably be boring as hell to most of you since it'd be a bunch of talking. And I've seen a good hundred posts WHINING and WHINING about how Mists had a lot of "boring" talking quests where you just follow people who tell stories and lore. So you can thank those impatient and loud people for Blizz not wanting to invest most of their resources adding in hundreds of quests about non-action Lore. At least they had the decency to officially mention it in-game here!
    Most of the "boring" events we're missing out on aren't boring though. Civil wars in Ironforge and Thunderbluff? City wide flames in Orgrimmar? Almost the entirety of Azeroth being trapped in the Emerald Dream? Why did we not get to participate in any of this stuff?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the "boring" events we're missing out on aren't boring though. Civil wars in Ironforge and Thunderbluff? City wide flames in Orgrimmar? Almost the entirety of Azeroth being trapped in the Emerald Dream? Why did we not get to participate in any of this stuff?
    because we would have to wait an extra 5-6 months for the next patch or expansion

To be fair they have introduced scenarios which was supposed to be a way to tell these interesting events without having to mess around with the ingame world