Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I have to agree with the OP.

MoP is on the face of it a great expansion, however some design decisions by Blizard are just plain stupid and suck the fun out of it.

1. dailies being the only way to get rep (and yes you need to do them for VP gear, for recipies, for mats and so on).
    2. daily quest design, too many are badly designed and are frustrating and encourage douche like behaviour in players
    3. Cross realm zones, great idea, poor implementation given WoWs design of mob tagging and shared resources
    4. The latest announcement of Brawlers guild entry...possibly the stupidest decision I've ever seen in any mmo.

MoP is possibly the best expansion for WoW (or at least on par with WotLK), but its held back by some quite frankly retarded design decisions. and ones that run counter productive to statements Bliz has made about wow in the past. Its great you get VPs from more than raids and such now, so we get choice, and then that choice is taken away as we need to do dailies to get rep to spend the VPs.....its totally hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    The end game of this game is the least rewarding it's ever been save for vanilla when their was virtually no reward. Some people like it I guess. Sadists mostly. They ALWAYS have something to do even though it's something that isn't very appealing to many of us and something that gets you nowhere.
    What do you mean by end game? My guild is loving this raid tier and the final instance hasn't even landed yet. Having 14 bosses is amazing; we haven't even minded the staggered approach to release.

Dailies sucked for a while, but it took 1-2 weeks to get Revered with everything and now I do virtually none of them, maybe chase an achievement or two.
    Retired GM of Temerity - US Top 50 raiding on a strict 3 nights since Ulduar. Check us out!
    https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/hyjal/Temerity

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    That was me also 200man raids ftw LOL my brother played EQ for a really long time what i know from it is what i seen him play. i would love to get into EQ but i think my time in MMORPG's is over lol.

---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 09:08 PM ----------

Because people post random comments that have nothing to do with the topic at hand like you did in the first reply i made to you...your right things like that keep threads from going anywhere.
    No, these things go nowhere because you would rather assume I'm ignorant or stupid than give an actual reply. But whatever, you win. Your opinions are the right ones. You should put in an application at Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    That was me also 200man raids ftw LOL my brother played EQ for a really long time.
    Lol, and Death Touch was considered a balanced raid mechanic... With our XP loss on death... And all mobs were "elite", and a mob that was stronger then it should be for its level didn't have any warning... And wandering Hill Giants... And non-instanced dungeons and raids so we would have to compete with the entire server for kills... Yeah... Fun times! I do still get nostalgic occasionally, then I log in and laugh. I never even get out of PoK.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgrym View Post
    What do you mean by end game? My guild is loving this raid tier and the final instance hasn't even landed yet. Having 14 bosses is amazing; we haven't even minded the staggered approach to release.

Dailies sucked for a while, but it took 1-2 weeks to get Revered with everything and now I do virtually none of them, maybe chase an achievement or two.

I mean being able to buy shinies outside of the raid. I'm happy your guild is loving the raid this tier. In the past I could raid and then buy shinies because I raided or because I did dungeons or whatever. Now I have to do dailies to buy those shinies. Assuming I don't pvp which I don't having zero apptitude or skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exileos View Post
    1. Opinions
    2. Opinions
    3. Opinions

Yeah, ok.
    What are we discussing again? The same topic as yesterday and the day before I guess?
    Theres not much to discuss if everything he said was a fact now would there?
    Thats the whole point of forums is to post opinions and discuss them with others who may have differing view points on the subject.

OT: ya i let my sub run out and i dont feel like going back any time soon, just not fun anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Dariela View Post
    Lol, and Death Touch was considered a balanced raid mechanic... With our XP loss on death... And all mobs were "elite", and a mob that was stronger then it should be for its level didn't have any warning... And wandering Hill Giants... And non-instanced dungeons and raids so we would have to compete with the entire server for kills... Yeah... Fun times! I do still get nostalgic occasionally, then I log in and laugh. I never even get out of PoK.
    Can't say i would at max level but things like Non-instanced dungeons i though was neat.

And even tho i do it i always felt you should never be able to solo any raid.

Edit: I did play EQ2 for a little bit and enjoyed a lot of things like the non-instance dungeons and the player house's
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Why the heck does everyone come in telling him "THATS JUST YOUR OPINION". Of course its his opinion, he's the one who said it.

Unless he's specifically stating that it's a fact, it's an opinion. You pointing that out just makes me ignore your post since you consider common friggin sense to be an argument against the OP. You pointing out that someones opinion is an opinion makes you look stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    Why the heck does everyone come in telling him "THATS JUST YOUR OPINION". Of course its his opinion, he's the one who said it.

Unless he's specifically stating that it's a fact, it's an opinion. You pointing that out just makes me ignore your post since you consider common friggin sense to be an argument against the OP. You pointing out that someones opinion is an opinion makes you look stupid.
    In your Opinion people who say that is just your Opinion makes people look stupid

Sorry i had to say it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account

Because it's an easy way for them to dismiss criticism.

All you really post about is how other people's posts are bad, so feel free to ignore my posts all you want :3

10+ Year Old Account
    The raid content is moderately challenging, which is the only reason I bought the expansion. Dailies aren't too bad. I was super vigilant with doing them the first several days of release, but that tapered off after returning to work.

I've done like, one round of Angler dailies. Tiller dailies take almost no time at all. Golden Lotus/Klaxxi dailies shouldn't be challenging for most classes in 450+ gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    All you really post about is how other people's posts are bad, so feel free to ignore my posts all you want :3
    Hes got a point thought. It is obviously the OPs opinion, he stated it so people can discuss not so people can point out the obvious. Its like someone posting a new thread witha a picture of a tree and asking people to discuss the tree and half the replies are "thats a tree"

1. Tired of hearing about this. If you spend 10 minutes a day max just working on one of the factions that unlocks VP gear, you will have more options than you have VP. Everything else is just cosmetic and therefore extremely not forced.
    2. I suppose they should have put more thought into this but it doesn't really bother me that much personally.
    3. PvP has always been an imbalanced piece of shit in this game.

I think it's great because of the raiding, the only reason I still play. T14 is a major comeback after the past two tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    I mean being able to buy shinies outside of the raid. I'm happy your guild is loving the raid this tier. In the past I could raid and then buy shinies because I raided or because I did dungeons or whatever. Now I have to do dailies to buy those shinies. Assuming I don't pvp which I don't having zero apptitude or skill.
    You have to do dailies for a very short period of time to buy your 'shinies'. Revered comes ridiculously fast. After that, you can LFR (once all 6 halves are open, that's 360 valor), do 1 heroic per day (that's 560), leaving like 80 valor left to cap for the week. That's nothing ... couple more heroics or just a scenario for 2 days out of the week.

I don't get it. I mean I wasn't a fan of dailies either but have no trouble capping now that I don't have to do them anymore.
    Retired GM of Temerity - US Top 50 raiding on a strict 3 nights since Ulduar. Check us out!
    https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/hyjal/Temerity

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to do dailies for a very short period of time to buy your 'shinies'. Revered comes ridiculously fast. After that, you can LFR (once all 6 halves are open, that's 360 valor), do 1 heroic per day (that's 560), leaving like 80 valor left to cap for the week. That's nothing ... couple more heroics or just a scenario for 2 days out of the week.

I don't get it. I mean I wasn't a fan of dailies either but have no trouble capping now that I don't have to do them anymore.
    Don't like dailies. What's more to the point I don't particularly like these dailies. They are just extenstion of the already tedious and boring quest grind to lvl 90. They have nothing in the way of variety and because they aren't tied to the process of gearing through dungeons (the "double dipping" that has been in this game longer than either tabards or dailies) you feel their toll much faster than you would with other rep grinds. Dude I farmed heroic keys on 3 toons in tbc when it still required REVERED. I could barely get past honored for these dailiies. It is simple to tedious and boring to do. Attaching the rep grind to daily quests isn't a cure for boredom, it's the cause of it.

As for the rest of what you said we'll maybe I'll sub back in a couple of months when they sort this mess out. This has been the most underwhelming launch for me...

The solution is SOOOOOOOO simple. Just take the rep requirement off the gear. It won't make all that much difference.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-11-04 at 10:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    lololol

At least you're honest about it!
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

it's so funny to see the fanboys come out in full force when someone voices negative opinions about the game. I find it hard to believe that some people actually see nothing wrong with the xpac.
    Casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    So now that the glitter has worn off.... Im starting to think that MOP may be the worst xpac ever, even worse than cata.

A list of terrible issues.

1) Daily quests. Forced repetitive boring gameplay.
    2) CRZ. World of gankcraft, and ruins smaller server communities while adding none of the benefits of being on a larger server.
    3) PVP is a complete disaster.

I just dont see how so many people like this xpac.
    1. COMPLETELY optional. Not forced at all.

2. CRZ is absolutely amazing, completely provides the benefits of being on a larger server (people to talk to).

3. PvP is the best it has ever been at the start of an expac.

OP, you're crazy. MoP is the BEST expansion.

---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 10:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ashybawls View Post
    it's so funny to see the fanboys come out in full force when someone voices negative opinions about the game. I find it hard to believe that some people actually see nothing wrong with the xpac.
    I see nothing about it worse than other expansions. I wouldn't say it's perfect, no game is. I would say it is the best WoW has been, however.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ashybawls View Post
    It's funny to see the hateboys come out in full force when someone voices positive opinions about the game. I find it hard to believe that some people actually see something wrong with the xpac.

Honestly though, you can dislike MoP all you want, but the arguments in the OP are just stupid. CRZs in Pandaria are not even enabled and the daily quests thing is, even if you feel you have to do it, not as big as people make it out to be. It doesn't take long to hit revered with those factions, and if you're only going for the gear, revered is all you need and you'll be doing very few dailies, and it'll be over very quickly.