Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Made this build for my Siren. It's a lot of fun when you phaselock into a room full of mobs (trick, start by targeting a weak mob, not a badass). When it hits it pulls everything together and sets them on fire. When the first target dies it releases all the healing orbs, jumps to another target and explodes/pulls again. This goes on until phaselock runs out, then 10 seconds later you do it again.

If you don't need/want the healing, sticking 5 points into Minds Eye instead of Sweet release makes this build OP for Cat mods

It's also great with a Binder mod (yea yeah, no reaping) or Witch (can take one point from suspension to kinetic deflection). But Cat really shines when you get the increased damage during phaselock, you can burst down the mob in the air and have it switch to more targets for the duration.

I've been using this with a wicked Plasma Caster (big base damage, big clip)

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I finished True Vault Hunter mode and was disappointed by how easy it was. The first time I soloed Saturn, I gained nearly an entire level of experience when I was level 48, and was 50 before I even got to The Warrior. I am kinda wanting to reroll to Mechromancer or Siren though as Assassin feels way too weaksauce in TVH mode for how much the damage increase goes up after you beat TVH mode. Like, I died to caustic damage from a Sand Worm in the pirate DLC that took me from 15k shield (half of my total shield) and 30k health to zero and I couldn't prevent the death, and there were no enemies alive by the time I had died. Bloodshed is pretty much useless when you are fighting bosses and is absolutely garbage after playthrough 1 because of the high enemy health pools and damage versus melee damage output, plus you don't have the talents to play it effectively solo until you get to level 50 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Bloodshed is pretty much useless when you are fighting bosses and is absolutely garbage after playthrough 1 because of the high enemy health pools and damage versus melee damage output, plus you don't have the talents to play it effectively solo until you get to level 50 anyway.
    That's because everyone knows Cunning is the way to go. The kunai are incredible, as well as the shock effect. Turns deception into as majorly offensive ability rather than mostly defensive. Two Fang is great if you don't plan on sniping too much.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I have been playing Cunning since level 35 or so, it's just horrendously overpowered with the Kunai, but Bloodshed is lots of fun, but not viable for soloing end game content.

Yeah, I have been playing Cunning since level 35 or so, it's just horrendously overpowered with the Kunai, but Bloodshed is lots of fun, but not viable for soloing end game content.
    Can't you make a lifesteal build or something?

Anyone had any luck with the slots lately? They are too addicting!

MUST get 3 vault symbols..

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bale View Post

I got it, legit! Got a conference call on my level 9 Siren lol. I had a lot of money to blow on the $133 slots since I twinked some expensive loot to sell so I played a lot (farming eridium early). The odds are roughly 1/6000, in case you're wondering (I've seen the numbers).

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I am capped on Eridium bars, like, why bother even having them drop after you have purchased all the SDU's from Crazy Earl? If the count went beyond 99, I would be at 150 or so bars and I am not even done all the DLC plus side missions from the initial campaign.

So been thinking of a build that primarily be meant to be using a vladof infinity.

Main skills would be rising shot and one shot one kill together, which (Should) give 60% and 50% damage bonuses that multiply and go for every shot (Infinity never uses the one bullet in its magazine). After that most of the points can go wherever, but I think it would go best for the kunai and two fang.
    I know I have been doing something similar for use with a coach gun to always benefit from the 60% damage, and have had criticals up to 800k damage under ideal conditions (Slag, deception, point blank headshot) at level 48. Although I haven't completed the game on true vault hunter mode yet.
    Only problem would be that its a bit squishy, although I think that goes for the assassin in general. Innervate would give some health regen while repositioning to shoot more though.
    Last edited by BoomChickn; 2012-11-05 at 02:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    Only problem would be that its a bit squishy, although I think that goes for the assassin in general. Innervate would give some health regen while repositioning to shoot more though.
    This is why I use the professional mod (with a +6 in Tw0 Fang) rather than the mod with the +0ne Sh0t 0ne Kill. Professional gives +shield while the other gives -shield, so the survivability difference is extreme. Sure, 0ne Sh0t 0ne Kill has more damage potential, but I can't handle being that frail. And if you happen to use a Bee, prepare to be brought to death in a single shot. I believe my particular professional mod is blue (having only 2 abilities) and has +6 Tw0 Fang and I believe +5 Killer. Epic ones won't have a +6 and Tw0 Fang is the only skill that matters. I realize the reload speed bonus is wasted on an infinity, but again, you get a decent damage increase along with survivability.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bale View Post

I've yet to see a 3x Vault or 3x Marcus. I play the slots with 3 other friends (so we all get the cash and Eridium) so we've played it quite a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    I've yet to see a 3x Vault or 3x Marcus. I play the slots with 3 other friends (so we all get the cash and Eridium) so we've played it quite a lot.
    Vault is roughly 1/6500, Marcus is roughly 1/650

I've seen all of them but 3xBells, which I'm convinced doesn't happen.

Ehhh.. Borderlands was great, Borderlands 2 hasn't caught my attention as much.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Vault is roughly 1/6500, Marcus is roughly 1/650

I've seen all of them but 3xBells, which I'm convinced doesn't happen.
    I got a legendary Dahl sniper from the slot machine a couple of nights ago. Level 50, does around 15k damage, burst fire on zoom, 45% chance to slag an enemy and shoots 6 bullets in an array similar to the multiplier shotguns. It's badass, but with a 14 round clip size and the fact that it shoots in bursts like an assault rifle means it goes om nom nom nom when it comes to bullets.

So, I have been considering getting BL2 since it came out. I have been hesitant because I get burnt out with games quickly. How is the replay value? Does it stay fun? Or does it just get reptitive and boring quickly? How is the PC version? Is it a great port? Or GTA status? Just trying to find some entertainment, and I have been considering this, but I'd also like to get Dishonored, and Halo 4. Can't decide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thefatness View Post
    So, I have been considering getting BL2 since it came out. I have been hesitant because I get burnt out with games quickly. How is the replay value? Does it stay fun? Or does it just get reptitive and boring quickly? How is the PC version? Is it a great port? Or GTA status? Just trying to find some entertainment, and I have been considering this, but I'd also like to get Dishonored, and Halo 4. Can't decide.
    pc version is an amazing port. I have no problems with it and it has lots of things you can do with it as far as video goes and every keybind is changeable.

As for replay value, it's kinda hit and miss. If you liked the first one, it's pretty much the same but better(though some say it's worse, but that's only rarely said as far as I've seen). If you've never played the first, I find it rather fun but I don't play games like I used to and get burnt out really fast. When I'm in the mood for playing BL2 though, I have lots of fun.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I get burned out on games a lot and find myself pacing the way I play through a game so I don't get sick of it. I have put in 100 hours played and there is still lots for me to complete and I find myself playing in stints of an hour or two at a time, but burn out prevention is easy when you have a full time job as well

I got a legendary Dahl sniper from the slot machine a couple of nights ago. Level 50, does around 15k damage, burst fire on zoom, 45% chance to slag an enemy and shoots 6 bullets in an array similar to the multiplier shotguns. It's badass, but with a 14 round clip size and the fact that it shoots in bursts like an assault rifle means it goes om nom nom nom when it comes to bullets.
    That's a good sniper. I did get a Conference Call from it once.

But still, no 3xBells. People claim it gives a lot of money but I have yet to see anybody claim to have it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    That's a good sniper. I did get a Conference Call from it once.

But still, no 3xBells. People claim it gives a lot of money but I have yet to see anybody claim to have it.
    I've got 3 bells a few times, nothing special. It doesn't give back more than the cost of a spin of the wheels. The only way to play the slots is in a group, where everyone gets the money and Eridium. 4 people can play it endlessly this way. Player 1 goes and plays until out of money (or bags full of vendor loot) then goes off to sell and take a rest, while player 2 goes, etc. By the time player 4 runs out of money, Player 1 is full again, and can start over.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    I've got 3 bells a few times, nothing special. It doesn't give back more than the cost of a spin of the wheels. The only way to play the slots is in a group, where everyone gets the money and Eridium. 4 people can play it endlessly this way. Player 1 goes and plays until out of money (or bags full of vendor loot) then goes off to sell and take a rest, while player 2 goes, etc. By the time player 4 runs out of money, Player 1 is full again, and can start over.
    That doesn't make any sense. Everywhere I've looked people have said they've never gotten it. I've looked at cheat tables and there's not even a value for hacking it in (though people may not have found it yet). Are you sure you aren't thinking three piles of money (which usually is roughly the same as the cost of the machine)? I've gotten that plenty of times. I'm talking about the three bells on the machine, which allegedly gives piles and piles of money.