Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Usually tied to a history of being abused, and being weak enough to instead of outgrowing the abuse, trying to emulate the bullies, in the hopes of being considered an equal.

Which NEVER happens. The bullies only take more pleasure in seeing that person failing in reaching their level, and feel even more superior, as they perceive that as proof that they are both desirable and unreachable.
    A perfect example of what I was talking about..........dude you take this game way to seriously if ur getting so deep into it psychologically....time to unplug maybe haha

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 10:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    The funny thing is, the gankers are the ones making out that they are the victims in these sorts of threads.

Its hilariously pathetic.

Sorry, but you suck. You kill someone vastly weaker then you, you are bad at the game. You have no restraint, no code, no skill. And thus you lose by default. You're afraid of a challenge, and spiteful in your own powercomplex.

gg gankers.

Edit: And just to make myself clear. I'm not a 'world of ponys' type of player. I just think if you can't take on someone your own level, you legitimately suck at the game.
    No my friend your the pathetic one, your the one trying to go all Freudian making out because someone ganks in a video game that somehow has any relation to their real life, you keep on going on about the psychology of gankers its a good laugh at the end of the day, I tell you one thing at least I can distinguish between rl and a video game....you seem to think 1 relates to the other which is utter BS, go join the conservative campaigns to save our children from violent video games if that's your attitude,

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    This topic is so old you can know what all posts will consist of.

The Maniac: "If it's read it's DEAD LOLOL"

The Rationalist: "If people roll on PvP realms, they should expect this to happen. In a game with little consequence, anyone could spontaneously get the idea to oneshot someone for the heck of it."

The Condescending PvPer : "It's because they are scrubs and can't kill anyone their own level."

The Wannabe Psychologist: "It's due to weak self-esteem and being bullied. Obviously actions on a PvP realm can be used to chart your psychological health and childhood. Did your uncle Death Grip you in a private place?"

Maybe this would be less of an issue if you accepted that just like everywhere, especially on the internet, people will be assholes now and then.
    Oh by the way, I enjoy casting Doom on players and watch them run around. Clearly this means I also set kittens and puppies on fire. Derp.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    This topic is so old you can know what all posts will consist of.

The Maniac: "If it's read it's DEAD LOLOL"

The Rationalist: "If people roll on PvP realms, they should expect this to happen. In a game with little consequence, anyone could spontaneously get the idea to oneshot someone for the heck of it."

The Condescending PvPer : "It's because they are scrubs and can't kill anyone their own level."

The Wannabe Psychologist: "It's due to weak self-esteem and being bullied. Obviously actions on a PvP realm can be used to chart your psychological health and childhood. Did your uncle Death Grip you in a private place?"

Maybe this would be less of an issue if you accepted that just like everywhere, especially on the internet, people will be assholes now and then.
    Oh by the way, I enjoy casting Doom on players and watch them run around. Clearly this means I also set kittens and puppies on fire. Derp.

thats the point though I dont see it as being an `asshole` I just see it as part of the life on a pvp server.....Im a ganker ill admit, I have the red is dead attitude and if someone annoys me I will camp them, however you think that means I wasnt ganked myself when leveling? of course I was! the difference was I didnt whine about it as the danger of the chance of that happening is one of the things which makes a pvp server more interesting to play on for me. We are opposite factions we are at war, If I see the enemy I will kill them I couldnt care less what thier level is, its not about honor or psychology or anything this is just a game at the end of the day though you wouldn't know it to read some of these over the top reply`s.

To claim im some sort of asshole in real life because I enjoy killing the enemy in a video game is quite frankly insane.........hell if you worry about wow you should see how I play gta etc haha but that doesnt mean I support running over pedestrians in real life now does it? you people need to unplug more not everything you do online has to be psychologically linked to real life and to believe otherwise is completely idiotic.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is if you were role playing, people could more accept it. I role play as a paladin. Undead is dead, Horde is dead and their allies as that's Kevyne's holy mission, smiting evil and those against his people, etc., etc..

But PvPers rarely if ever RP.

Get it yet?
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin View Post
    thats the point though I dont see it as being an `asshole` I just see it as part of the life on a pvp server.....Im a ganker ill admit, I have the red is dead attitude and if someone annoys me I will camp them, however you think that means I wasnt ganked myself when leveling? of course I was! the difference was I didnt whine about it as the danger of the chance of that happening is one of the things which makes a pvp server more interesting to play on for me. We are opposite factions we are at war, If I see the enemy I will kill them I couldnt care less what thier level is, its not about honor or psychology or anything this is just a game at the end of the day though you wouldn't know it to read some of these over the top reply`s.

To claim im some sort of asshole in real life because I enjoy killing the enemy in a video game is quite frankly insane.........hell if you worry about wow you should see how I play gta etc haha but that doesnt mean I support running over pedestrians in real life now does it? you people need to unplug more not everything you do online has to be psychologically linked to real life and to believe otherwise is completely idiotic.
    I'm saying that actions in a game where PvP, regardless if it's being honorable or not, certainly doesn't need to mean anything about the person in real life.
    GTA4, wonder how many times I have taken a car just to take a joyride on a sidewalk. IRL I get anxious for thinking I've parked incorrectly.

Hence why I particularly despise the wannabe psychologists. Then again it's just a cognitive thing. When people get ganked on a realm where it is completely allowed, they need to trash the ganker by the only mean they can, by making baseless assumptions about their "worth".
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Envoy360 View Post
    To teach the player to :

a) not roll on a pvp server

b) not turn on pvp on a pve server

dont like the above then prepare to be ganked.
    So the thought never crossed your mind that a player 30 lower than you are, maybe wants to pvp with a player of (around) the same level?

What you are saying is basically:
    1. Only roll on a pvp server if you are max level (transfer to it, don't level on it).
    2. If you're on a pve server, turn pvp on only at max level

So, basically you are punishing everyone on pvp servers and pve servers, with pvp on for not being cap level?

I hope you see how bad tour argument is, in reaction on my post which you quoted?

Deleted
    I'm saying that actions in a game where PvP, regardless if it's being honorable or not, certainly doesn't need to mean anything about the person in real life.
    GTA4, wonder how many times I have taken a car just to take a joyride on a sidewalk. IRL I get anxious for thinking I've parked incorrectly.

Hence why I particularly despise the wannabe psychologists. Then again it's just a cognitive thing. When people get ganked on a realm where it is completely allowed, they need to trash the ganker by the only mean they can, by making baseless assumptions about their "worth".
    Thats exactly what it is as well, its there way of getting there revenge on gankers by trying to make out we are bad people which is very amusing just for the fact they reckon they can tell that by our actions on a video game....lol

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 11:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    So the thought never crossed your mind that a player 30 lower than you are, maybe wants to pvp with a player of (around) the same level?

What you are saying is basically:
    1. Only roll on a pvp server if you are max level (transfer to it, don't level on it).
    2. If you're on a pve server, turn pvp on only at max level

So, basically you are punishing everyone on pvp servers and pve servers, with pvp on for not being cap level?

I hope you see how bad tour argument is, in reaction on my post which you quoted?
    I want to kill ragnoras with a naked gnome run but its not going to happen........... if you dont want to fight me look where your going and dont wander across my path simple as haha.

A perfect example of what I was talking about..........dude you take this game way to seriously if ur getting so deep into it psychologically....time to unplug maybe haha
    That's not about games. That's about life. Real life bully victims that think emulating the aggressors they equal their level, and then can join them and stop to be a victim.

It's serious, and by your way I suspect you're one of those emulators.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneezeburger View Post
    I'm just in Nagrand talking to someone when an epic geared rogue comes up to me, stuns me, and kills me. I release and come back to my corpse, then realize he's corpse camping me. This goes on a few times until I finally give up and log off.

Why do people do this? We've all been ganked and we've all gotten pissed off about it. It takes no skill whatsoever to gank someone and all it does is succeed in angering another player who's just trying to go about their business. Why do people have to be so terrible to each other? What psychological need is fulfilled by killing someone who can't defend themselves? Can't you at least wait until someone hits 90? I just don't understand people.
    Because it makes you cry about it on a interwebz forums.

That's enough incentive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because people like to establish dominance on others. Human nature.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Deleted
    Very simple, it's really funny. Don't really need any valid reason, they play on a PVP realm, can't complain tbf.

Lol, are you really saying the people against ganking lower levels are doing that for revenge? You can't be serious....
    We're talking about, in case you missed it, high or max level chars ganking lower levels.
    Now, Thatcrazypenguin, if you are lvl 90 and you are ganking a lvl 80 or lower (85 even) and you enjoy that, that means there is something wrong with you.
    The case can be that you're not skilled enough to fight your own level, also it can be that you don't feel comfortable in situations you can get beaten in.
    maybe you need to get that feeling of victory from somewhere, even a much lower level who you can kill easily?
    maybe you're not confident you can beat anybody with equal power... in any case something is wrong (video-game or not, you are you).

It is not a question if the didn't want to fight them..... it is about you engaging a low level player. That is something else.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 11:20 AM ----------

Lol, are you really saying the people against ganking lower levels are doing that for revenge? You can't be serious....
    We're talking about, in case you missed it, high or max level chars ganking lower levels.
    Now, Thatcrazypenguin, if you are lvl 90 and you are ganking a lvl 80 or lower (85 even) and you enjoy that, that means there is something wrong with you.
    The case can be that you're not skilled enough to fight your own level, also it can be that you don't feel comfortable in situations you can get beaten in.
    maybe you need to get that feeling of victory from somewhere, even a much lower level who you can kill easily?
    maybe you're not confident you can beat anybody with equal power... in any case something is wrong (video-game or not, you are you).

It is not a question if the didn't want to fight them..... it is about you engaging a low level player. That is something else.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 11:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    Very simple, it's really funny. Don't really need any valid reason, they play on a PVP realm, can't complain tbf.
    Strange perception, in my opinion.

Their are little children on this planet also. I can beat m up without any harm. That doesn't mean I should!

Not everything you can do is morally right to do.

This thread is amazing. Armchair psychology and people claiming gankers are bullies with irl problems?

Their are little children on this planet also. I can beat m up without any harm. That doesn't mean I should!

WoW isn't real life, you fool. Don't bring real world morals into a ROLEPLAYING game where people play the role of heroes at war.
    Last edited by Pendragon; 2012-11-05 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    This thread is amazing. Armchair psychology and people claiming gankers are bullies with irl problems?
    Why else would a level 90 player gank a level 60 and not fight with another 90?
    You don't have to be a psychologist to see there is a problem there; obvious is obvious.

Deleted

That is so much not the same, you're not allowed to beat up small children irl. Playing on a PVP realm and killing "children" isn't against any rules/law.

Deleted

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 10:37 AM ----------

No my friend your the pathetic one, your the one trying to go all Freudian making out because someone ganks in a video game that somehow has any relation to their real life, you keep on going on about the psychology of gankers its a good laugh at the end of the day, I tell you one thing at least I can distinguish between rl and a video game....you seem to think 1 relates to the other which is utter BS, go join the conservative campaigns to save our children from violent video games if that's your attitude,
    It's wishful thinking. They're so affected by being ganked, they have to project these negative qualities on the ganker in order to cope and feel better themselves. That's all.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 11:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    The thing is if you were role playing, people could more accept it. I role play as a paladin. Undead is dead, Horde is dead and their allies as that's Kevyne's holy mission, smiting evil and those against his people, etc., etc..

But PvPers rarely if ever RP.

Get it yet?
    If it's on an RPPvP server, fair enough. If it's on a PvP server people can either accept it without the RP or suck it and go PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    WoW isn't real life, you fool. Don't bring real world morals into a ROLEPLAYING game where people play the role of heroes at war.
    thank you for telling me it isn't real life.... as if I didn't know!
    Also thanks for calling me fool at the same you're defending high levels ganking low levels and calling them "heroes at war".
    Somehow I don't see the hero part when ganking a low level or attacking a player when his health is 25% fighting a mob.. you do?

And yeah, it isn't real life... but I assume there is a real person sitting at the computer and playing this game?

Deleted
    Becouse he can, that's the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    That is so much not the same, you're not allowed to beat up small children irl. Playing on a PVP realm and killing "children" isn't against any rules/law.
    So in your book, you let others set rules for what you find moral or not?
    You kill players 30 levels lower than yourself, just because there is no rule to stop you?

Deleted
    It's a little amusing that people try to completely disassociate themselves from their ingame actions by claiming the old addage "it's just a game". Wanton destruction and murder in a game such as GTA4, where you're murdering NPCs for cash, or whatever other reason, is not really comparible to camping a low level character. Since in WoW you're disrupting a real person, which is bound to annoy them. But on the flip side the most the camped player can claim is that the camper is being inconsiderate of their game time.