Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Good, casual co-op game?

We're 4 people playing together once a week. We've just played through Borderlands (1) and are looking to start something else up. Borderlands 2 would be a logical choice, but I'm wondering if there's something else people could recommend, to try something different? We have also played Diablo 3, but one playthrough was enough, though that was great fun as well.

We're only playing 3-4 hours a week, so it should be something you can get some progress in during that limited time. Not all of us are the most uber players, specially in regards to fps games, so the difficulty shouldn't be too high (or configurable). We had to partly outlevel Borderlands (like 2-3 levels above) to get decent progression.

If there's any story or character progression then that's a plus, we're all former role players.

And preferably not with a monthly fee.

Edit: We're all playing on PC
    Last edited by szandos; 2012-11-05 at 12:18 PM.

Oh man, I wish I could remember the name... There's a game on Steam, 4 player co-op, where you're survivors on a spaceship and have to fight off aliens. Each of you is a different class, able to do different stuff e.g. one of you can weld doors shut, another is the heavy weapons guy, another can hack computers, that sort of thing.

Wish I could remember the name because it sounds perfect for you. Maybe someone else can help out in that regard?

Deleted
    i would recommend magicka its alot of fun with friends not hard or left 4 dead

also it would help to say on what platform you play(xbox,wiii,pc,ps3,...)

Won't give any recommendations myself, but maybe this would helpful.
    http://www.co-optimus.com/system/4/pc.html

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Oh man, I wish I could remember the name... There's a game on Steam, 4 player co-op, where you're survivors on a spaceship and have to fight off aliens. Each of you is a different class, able to do different stuff e.g. one of you can weld doors shut, another is the heavy weapons guy, another can hack computers, that sort of thing.

Wish I could remember the name because it sounds perfect for you. Maybe someone else can help out in that regard?
    do you mean natural selection 2?
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/4920/?snr=1_4_4__100

Thanks for that link and the tips, I'll get browsing!

We're playing on PC, sorry for not mentioning it...

Alien Swarm perhaps?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/63..._7_7_151_150_1

I think you mean Alien Swarm.
    It's a free game on steam, and a lot of fun to do on coop.

store.steampowered.com/app/630

Quote Originally Posted by Saberos View Post
    I think you mean Alien Swarm.
    It's a free game on steam, and a lot of fun to do on coop.

store.steampowered.com/app/630
    Hah I beat you to it. :P

Also, Left 4 Dead is another one you can consider, OP, if you and your friends like the whole zombie apocalypse scene. Though I'd be surprised if you hadn't heard about those games by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Hah I beat you to it. :P

Also, Left 4 Dead is another one you can consider, OP, if you and your friends like the whole zombie apocalypse scene. Though I'd be surprised if you hadn't heard about those games by now.
    Yeah, had to change the link because I'm not allowed to post them yet

Can also really recommend trying Anno.
    Anno 1404 with the Venice expansion is great to play together.

Another option with more RPG elements:
    Dungeon Defenders

I don't see any Torchlight 2 mentions, bizarrely.

Deleted
    Torchlight 2 or Borderlands 2 for sure

There's some good (not great) free-to-play MMOs with rich story and decent progression (Everquest 2, Lord of the Rings Online).

If you enjoyed Diablo III, try out Torchlight II. Some say it's better than D3. It's cheap on Steam at $19 and I think you can buy a 4-pack at a reduced price.

10+ Year Old Account
    As others have said, Torchlight 2 would be good.
    Another game in the same genre, but scifi themed, would be Drox Operative

Terraria and Dungeon Defenders are worth a look as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Won't give any recommendations myself, but maybe this would helpful.
    http://www.co-optimus.com/system/4/pc.html
    me and a friend doing also 3-4 hours a week of coop gaming. We are 2 so much more games apply to us, but this site basicly was like a guideline for us both. We highly enjoyed Marvel ultimate alliance series.

Duke Nukem 3d was pretty fun for CO OP!

ice-wind dale 2 was epic co op ^^

Deleted
    It's a shame you're 4 ppl, since Orcs Must Die 2 is 2 player.. =P But seriously, it's a shitload of fun anyways And yeah Magicka is really fun aswell!

Deleted
    Heroes of Newerth, Smite, LoL or any other MOBA

A game is casual if u play as casual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralstlin View Post
    Heroes of Newerth, Smite, LoL or any other MOBA

A game is casual if u play as casual.
    problem is with most mobas well atleast i know its with smite you cannot group with 4 people. Always need 1,2,3,5