Help me get a few upgrade part ideas ready ^^

Computer is fairly decent, all i use it for really is youtube + wow + skype etc, nothing major, i may play/try out games here and there but for the most part it's WoW.
    I'm a graphic whore, so i always want to be able to play on ultra (except shadows i hate them lol)

Creating this thread to avoid getting parts that aren't worth the money.

I also have a problem, if anyone can share some light, i recently got a monitor (was running 1440x900) now running on a samsung syncmaster (1920x1080)
    Wow is the same, stable 60 fps, and 40+in 25's / LFR, however i hooked up the two monitors to run in "Extended" display, i use youtube for the 1440x900 and wow for the 1920x1080, my wow fps is great, but it stutters randomly, kind of like if you was to minimize wow it brings the fps down to (by default) 30, my wow fps randomly gets killed to 30 while i'm playing, does go back up but sometimes it hangs around 30 for a while. I know this is just an issue with dual screen monitors as when disabling it runs absolutely fine.
    Again i do hover over the other monitor while gaming to change a song or such, but my fps does stay 60, it just randomly drops and have no idea why.

Anyway upgrade questions:

I am planning on upgrading the following
    HDD: i need a good internal storage, planning on using it for fraps so a 7200rpm and a 1/2tb capacity please (was looking at WD black)
    RAM: my mobo can handle 32gb, i'm running 8gb 1333 at the moment, i know people will disagree with the amount, but i'm looking for 16gb 1600 ram, why? Ram is quite cheap, and it shoudl make some rendering programs faster when i use them.
    CPU cooler: running an i5 3570k stock cooler (does perfect) however i'm looking for a better cooler now, for when i OC, nothing water based as i don't trust myself/water cooling with the computer.
    GPUList a few between £100-200 please if you can, best -> worst, so i can have a few options) Always been an ati (xfx model) guy, used a xfx 5770, now running a xfx 6770 hd, it runs fine, however i'm wondering if the dual screen issue is because of the card, i doubt it as it runs 60 fps with both fine, just the 30 fps is randomly happening. Again i'll be playing mostly wow, so nothing like a 670 gtx, i don't mind switching to Nvidia card as long as it is worth the money.

Specs running at the moment:
    Case: Corsair 300R
    Mobo: Asus P8z77-v lx
    CPU: I5 3570k
    RAM: Kingston DDR3 1333
    PSU: Corsair 650w Tx
    GPU: Xfx 6770 HD

Cheers for reading and any help posted.

Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post
    I am planning on upgrading the following
    HDD: i need a good internal storage, planning on using it for fraps so a 7200rpm and a 1/2tb capacity please (was looking at WD black)
    RAM: my mobo can handle 32gb, i'm running 8gb 1333 at the moment, i know people will disagree with the amount, but i'm looking for 16gb 1600 ram, why? Ram is quite cheap, and it shoudl make some rendering programs faster when i use them.
    CPU cooler: running an i5 3570k stock cooler (does perfect) however i'm looking for a better cooler now, for when i OC, nothing water based as i don't trust myself/water cooling with the computer.
    GPUList a few between £100-200 please if you can, best -> worst, so i can have a few options) Always been an ati (xfx model) guy, used a xfx 5770, now running a xfx 6770 hd, it runs fine, however i'm wondering if the dual screen issue is because of the card, i doubt it as it runs 60 fps with both fine, just the 30 fps is randomly happening. Again i'll be playing mostly wow, so nothing like a 670 gtx, i don't mind switching to Nvidia card as long as it is worth the money.
    If you want 16 GB ram, then you probably shouldn't go for 1600 unless you want to spend extra money and switch out all of your RAM.

Hyper 212 EVO or Xigmatek Gaia are your recommended entry CPU coolers.

UK PCPartPicker Prices: 660 Ti $230 > 660 $180 > 7870 $200 > 7850 $150 > 560 Ti $160 > 7770 $90

Your best bang for buck cards are going to be the 660 and the 7850. The 7770 isn't much of an upgrade from your 6770.

Your first issue with FPS dropping and not coming back up is probably a simple fix. Open a youtube video and right click the video and click settings, then disable hardware acceleration.

If you are looking into a difference cooler, the best air options are going to be a Thermalright Silver Arrow, or Noctua NH-D14. You said you are not interested in water, but you could look into getting one of the all in one kits like the H-100 or H-80. All four are great solutions and the all-in-ones are actually just as simple to install as a standard heatsink.

Cheers for replies, i was actually running two screens 1440x900 and (i thought 1920x1080) but i was using a HDMI cable and it was running in 1080p (not sure if it'll make a difference) i had wow settings on 1920x1080, i switched the HDMI for a VGA cable and now it is at the 1920x1080 resolution. FPS looks a but more stable so far, no 30 fps when browsing youtube at the moment, althought i havent tested it much.

RAM: im not bothered about changing the 8gb ram i have now, as it is 1333 ram, i'd rather get a perfect setup even if it is just a small performance increase, the 1333 ram i can use in other builds for normal activity.

Cooling: i did like the look of the H-Coolers, i believe i saw them first as the H-61 (could be wrong?) it looks like its just a small tiny radiator thing, looks simple to attach but its just the thought of if ever having a leak, the computer would be completely destroyed.

For RAM, I was more talking about price. Its an extra $30 to buy a new 8GB set of RAM.

The only AIO liquid cooler recommended are the ones at $100+, such as the H100. The other liquid coolers, such as the H60 and H80, do not perform significantly better than modern air coolers. Plus, AIO units are pretty loud compared to air coolers like the Noctua D14.